Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, Jun 1997 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a Belgium website that lists businesses and three of RB’s names mentioned in court today are listed as administrators of a business registered in his FdH name. Interestingly the business is described as “Design and execution of advertising campaigns for third parties, using all media” so he does advertising along with coin dealing and photography?

The timeline for this guy RB fits much better.
- He admits to knowing Marian.
- He used the name Fernand Remakel, and Marian changed her name to same.
- Lived in Australia
- Admits to having stored some of her belongings at his place (not all of Marian’s belonging are accounted for particularly the very valuable ones ie. the antiques if I remember correctly)
- Could be the mystery man Sally saw with Marian
- Travelled overseas on similar dates to Marian although it’s not confirmed that they were in the same countries yet.
- Travelled to (or at least connected through) Japan, and Marian used writing paper from a Japanese hotel to write to Sally.
- A known conman, with a history of fleecing women.
- To me this fits really well, particularly because he has already made admissions to knowing Marian.

The timeline for this guy RB fits much better.
- He admits to knowing Marian.
- He used the name Fernand Remakel, and Marian changed her name to same.
- Lived in Australia
- Admits to having stored some of her belongings at his place (not all of Marian’s belonging are accounted for particularly the very valuable ones ie. the antiques if I remember correctly)
- Could be the mystery man Sally saw with Marian
- Travelled overseas on similar dates to Marian although it’s not confirmed that they were in the same countries yet.
- Travelled to (or at least connected through) Japan, and Marian used writing paper from a Japanese hotel to write to Sally.
- A known conman, with a history of fleecing women.
- To me this fits really well, particularly because he has already made admissions to knowing Marian.

If they did find him though the flight manifests, what are the chances they located a person with similar movements who also happened to know Marion and he have nothing to do with the case. They didn't really allude to how they connected them other than the flights.

Sounds like they found him rather than him coming to them as he claim to not know Marion was missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Merythe