Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Delete if not allowed. The date this profile was made is interesting,
and in the comments 18yo.
Either fabricated or true who knows.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220331_173545~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20220331_173545~2.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 98
Delete if not allowed. The date this profile was made is interesting,
and in the comments 18yo.
Either fabricated or true who knows.

Ah huh .. someone posted this photo here some time ago , i wondered at the time about it

"There's a Michael John Reid on Facebook who has Anthonian school in Philippines. There are weird Instagram of the delapidated school in Philippines. It started 1968"
I mentioned a while ago about a MJR on Facebook with a school
St. Anthony's Academy of Tuburan
Philippines.
I was scrolling through the old photos and a video by MJR , School could be closed down by now. I found a bit of info and more photos including a big old shipwreck boat. Age of this MJR looks about right although he has put a enhanced youthful profile pic on fb.
Could RB have visited him in Philippines. Might be MJR.
Thoughts?
@MrsWattle. Found entry for FdeH returning to Australia from Philippines.

Attachments

• 434EBACD-3583-48D4-91E6-21DE58716BB6.jpeg
    434EBACD-3583-48D4-91E6-21DE58716BB6.jpeg
    197.9 KB · Views: 96
To be honest I am not convinced it was HOTA.
I have a background in the arts and I sort of find this gallery is not something that RB would just stumble upon and maybe organise a meet up with MR and it doesn't necessarily exhibit art that MB would be drawn to if we look at her collection that SL speaks of.

It has no connection to his ammo in my opinion.
His web is always connected to something in his life, which is why it is so difficult to untangle!

I am sitting more with Dalozza Gallery which exhibits paintings that MB would be more drawn to. IMO

AND it does have a connection to wonka ;):rolleyes:

Dalozzo Art Gallery | Marina Mirage | Gold Coast

Meet the owner :)

Lucette Dalozzo | Dalozzo Art
Interesting about Lucette for sure. I'm gonna go with they met at the Arts Centre. He met MC randomly at a cafe. The arts centre had a lot going on there, theatre, lots of events. He said he would go to shows with MC. I got the impression from the inquest he knows Surfers and the Gold Coast pretty well. MOO of course

"There's a Michael John Reid on Facebook who has Anthonian school in Philippines. There are weird Instagram of the delapidated school in Philippines. It started 1968"
I mentioned a while ago about a MJR on Facebook with a school
St. Anthony's Academy of Tuburan
Philippines.
I was scrolling through the old photos and a video by MJR , School could be closed down by now. I found a bit of info and more photos including a big old shipwreck boat. Age of this MJR looks about right although he has put a enhanced youthful profile pic on fb.
Could RB have visited him in Philippines. Might be MJR.
Thoughts?
Not sure if this is him. Also on Insta well at least it's the same man and 2 photos up but he says he's 64 Don't know when that was written though... How much younger was IK to wonka?

Not sure if this is him. Also on Insta well at least it's the same man and 2 photos up but he says he's 64 Don't know when that was written though... How much younger was IK to wonka?

He certainly looks a lot older than 64.
Have another look at his insta name MJR47 with the 47 after his name. Born in 1947?

He certainly looks a lot older than 64.
Have another look at his insta name MJR47 with the 47 after his name. Born in 1947?
Hmm confused now MJR47 only has 1 pic of a ship. Profile pic is of a young girl? Is that the one you mean?
The one I was talking about the name is MJR but the profile is RMJ it says he’s British, 64 ad lives in Lapu City Phillipines .. pics are pretty blurry so I can’t tell properly if the guy from FB

Hmm confused now MJR47 only has 1 pic of a ship. Profile pic is of a young girl? Is that the one you mean?
The one I was talking about the name is MJR but the profile is RMJ it says he’s British, 64 ad lives in Lapu City Phillipines .. pics are pretty blurry so I can’t tell properly if the guy from FB
Yes the boat . Yes, it's hard to tell isn't it.

" Purveyors of fine meats " .....:)

coincidentally the Walkers i tracked were also founders of early pastoral history in Australia with beginnings in WA and eventually in Northern NSW and QLD and had a family history in political positions and influence in Sydney .

It is hardly surprising with all the connections considering the population at the time was under 10 million Australia wide and the fact that Australia was foundered and prospered " off the sheep's back " .

It would have been easy for akka and co to mix it up with each other regardless of their income status and easy to see he would have liked to keep up with the Jones's .
And easy to see how Ilona may have met a MJR with connections . Was MJR related to John Reid of Overseas Containers I wonder ?

Is that the James Thomas Walker family ?
That family is as crazy as wonkas story isn't it.
That is the one that I feel is linked to RGW father but it is proving so tricky to navigate as old Johnny W Walker had 3 marriages, ( including the sister of his son in law ) and a tribe of kids who then went on to have a football team of kids!

If this is the one you were researching did you find a connection anywhere?

True, but his testimony about a Belgian pension (albeit probably small) would be easily verified by police, so I'm thinking he probably is receiving one. These two have milked the system here in Australia for 36 years. I wonder how many of his victims now suffer with PTSD!

Indeed. I wouldn't even be surprised if they have other forms of income from their countries of family origin but that's pure speculation on my behalf.

I wonder what their children and relatives make of all this and how 'in the know' they have ever been? Maybe a bit of a shock or maybe 'explains everything'?

I am more referring to the fact that travel costs money and with so much of it going on within the W family, including all the years up until recently, a 'cafe' in the 1960s doesn't cut it for me.

Most of the cards related to this story show "company director" - is all I mean

Even today, cafes and cash premises are often money laundering fronts for other income - drugs, prostitution, and unlawfully subletting rental premises are the common ones - also they used to be handy for bringing unskilled people into the country from overseas if they needed to declare a job to come to. Not saying anything of that was going on.

Interesting about Lucette for sure. I'm gonna go with they met at the Arts Centre. He met MC randomly at a cafe. The arts centre had a lot going on there, theatre, lots of events. He said he would go to shows with MC. I got the impression from the inquest he knows Surfers and the Gold Coast pretty well. MOO of course

The Dalozza is on the Gold Coast. It first opened in the Robina Town Centre 1996 which is 20 mins from Surfers.
Robina Town Centre at the time was the biggest centre on the GC. A real draw card for people living on the Goldie.
It was only about 10 or so yrs ago that Dalozza moved to Sanctuary Cove.

Interestingly - the owner lived in a house that was built by well know Brisbane architect Ron Wilson.

RB loves connections. I don't believe anything he says. There are 'truths' of woven thread in his dialogue nothing more. IMO

UUGGHH! This morning I see I wrote DAUGHTER instead of SISTER!

But anyway, you get what I am saying in regard to what RJW work is and why such a connection to all the 'butchers'.

Ok. Interesting. So DdH's Auntie was an Anderson by Marriage to a butcher?
I wonder did they have a sheep and cattle farm in Elsmore near Inverell NSW called Newstead.

I wonder did they have a sheep and cattle farm in Elsmore near Inverell NSW called Newstead.
Elizabeth was born Anderson. The sister of Alfred Anderson (butcher & entrepreneur) She married Robert Walker, also a butcher and was therefore DdH grandmother.....I think I got that right ?

I
Following on from this great find about RGW job! I have a bit more to add.

RGW mother, Elizabeth Caroline nee Anderson ( divorced from RGW father 1932) 1932) IN DIVORCE. - (Before the Judge in Divorce, Mr. Justice Boyce, and a jury.) IRELAND v IRELAND. - The Sydney Morning Herald (NSW : 1842 - 1954) - 7 Mar 1939

WAS THE DAUGHTER of Alfred William Anderson an Australian butcher and entrepreneur.
He was in all sorts of dealings butcher, foodstuffs manufacturer , frozen meat exporter, grazier, meatworks owner, racehorse breeder , racehorse owner , ship owner, whaler.

He was in and out of court for a variety of things.... just about every month he was in the paper - search his name

*some are funny
ADULTERATION OF SAUSAGES - The Sun (Sydney, NSW : 1910 - 1954) - 24 Jul 1944
A W Anderson. The City Council had before it at last meeting the long-drawn-out case of the firm of

BUT his big claim to fame was 2 big two companies, A. W. Anderson Pty Ltd and Anderson's Sausages Pty Ltd.
Biography - Alfred William Anderson - Australian Dictionary of Biography
Alfred Anderson (entrepreneur) - Wikipedia

If you follow the link where it says Byron Bay:
NSW. Abattoirs List A-Z

It will lead you here:
Byron Bay #?. NSW

Reading all the way to the end, it is VERY INTERESTING .
In 1968 when the Andersons sell the works to FJ Walker it becomes even more tangled.

F J Walker Limited - Archives
( Frederic Joseph Walker Esq pioneered primary industry in Australia. F.J. Walker was a prominent City businessman, and founder of the company that bears his name.)

https://documents.parliament.qld.gov.au/events/han/1967/1967_10_25.pdf ( see attachment)

Geoff Tancred: an extraordinary life

Vale Geoff Tancred - Beef Central

WHICH leads to that great find by another sleuth this past week -
https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/103961825?searchTerm=Reid Bourke Butcher

Overseas Containers - Wikipedia

EDIT - I dont know why the occupations are dropping links- just ignore it.

have finally found the time to sit and read all of this.. wow! Walkers were major players.. this isn’t some crappy cafe! Excellent Sluething !!

Elizabeth was born Anderson. The sister of Alfred Anderson (butcher & entrepreneur) She married Robert Walker, also a butcher and was therefore DdH grandmother.....I think I got that right ?

When I first posted that up I accidently wrote DAUGHTER and it should have been SISTER. I added another post under it to explain that Elizabeth ( RGW) mother is the sister to Alfred - OWNER of Anderson Meat Company that another sleuth found.

RGW Parents are Robert Walker (Snr) and Elizabeth Caroline nee Anderson of the Andersons Pty Ltd fame ( her brother Alfred Anderson owned the business and RGW worked there from what I understand from the sleuthing by others and my research).

I am still trying to decipher the father of RGW ( Robert Walker snr) ( not sure he is a butcher?? he seems to be a ladies man and gold miner?) because that side of it is as tangled as Wonkas story!

SO many Walkers and Roberts but I think I have found them I just need to get my head around it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member