Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s sad is that, as it stands right now, I don’t think Marion will ever get the justice she deserves. As much as I think he wouldn’t know the truth if he tried to steal it’s identity, I don’t think there is enough “there” there to convict him in her murder.
Agree, definitely enough for all kinds of fraud, and deceit for financial gain.
But not enough for murder.
Unless homicide squad have more they're keeping quiet until after inquest.
I think the best strategy is convicting him for everything else.
Like OJ Simpson and may other criminals who get nabbed for other lesser crimes.

Agree, definitely enough for all kinds of fraud, and deceit for financial gain.
But not enough for murder.
Unless homicide squad have more they're keeping quiet until after inquest.
I think the best strategy is convicting him for everything else.
Like OJ Simpson and may other criminals who get nabbed for other lesser crimes.
What about the statute of limitations? Concerned the only thing they’ll be able to get him on will be perjury charges.

How could you possibly not be interested in the podcast? Like even if you hadn’t killed her and weren’t going to testify… You knew someone that there is a podcast about and you have zero interest?

How could you possibly not be interested in the podcast? Like even if you hadn’t killed her and weren’t going to testify… You knew someone that there is a podcast about and you have zero interest?

Especially if you live up on the north coast. It was on the news often. MIL was a teacher at Ballina High, now retired, and she does not live there anymore but was well aware shortly after (a few months) it was first released. Friends from the area contacted her about it.... because everyone was talking about it in the area.

I'm sure he's listened to the podcast and also read anything else he could find

Facebook, other forums and I bet here as well.

It's only human nature if you've become involved in a case to look up everything you can about it.

I'm sure he's listened to the podcast and also read anything else he could find

Facebook, other forums and I bet here as well.

It's only human nature if you've become involved in a case to look up everything you can about it.
Even if you weren’t “involved”. Like if I found out there was a podcast one of my exes going missing, I’d be listening to it! (Or friend or acquaintance even!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peachstatesleuth