DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

inkpink

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
ALSO:

Please do not mention/solicit/discuss any “private thread” or PM on any thread. That too is a TOS violation and has also contributed to the closure and major clean up being done.

All members are expected to know and follow the rules we agreed to when we joined Websleuths.

What I know about con men came at a price. I was married to an embezzler for 20 years and he fathered my children. I love listening to podcasts about con men since I survived one . . . .

They are always charming. Well spoken, attractive. They have to be. They believe they are smarter than anyone else, and they usually are. (My husband was a true genius.) They base their cons on what they know, and they repeat over and over what is successful. Refining it. (Hence, I doubt he lured Marion with a school idea. She might have believed being an EU spouse she could teach anywhere in Europe.) Con men are brought down by cockiness, but it is very hard to prosecute them. If they're really good, they do not leave a trail which is easily prosecutable.

However, if Marion was the one who brought our man down-- by dying. He would have been out of his depth. That is not part of the con.

Oh-- and so many people tried to make me see how sketchy my husband was. I refused, although so many signs were there. I was in denial.

According to Marion’s postcard “delayed my Orient trip till late August, first available rebooking due to earlier rain and floods in Germany”

Could have been something RB told her. He may have said he got tickets to Orient Express, when he never did & then told her they couldn't reschedule until late Aug (to buy him time). To me, Marion's trip sounds alot like JO's in the sense that there was no well-planned itinerary. She just traveled with a man who seemed to be in charge of the trip and made a lot of promises.

Separately, would be interesting to know if RB traveled back overseas right after he closed his security envelope in late October 1997. Did he use that as temporary but secure storage until he could personally take money etc. overseas?

I can't see RB spontaneously offering additional information that connects him to Marion (that Marion stored things at his home or that he went with her to the Southport school on an occasion), unless he needed to. I wonder if investigators produced some evidence he needed to explain away. For example, perhaps someone from Southport recognized his picture and remembered he had been there.

They have said from the beginning that this is an ongoing investigation. Investigating RB's crimes is probably the easier part b/c so many leads. Finding Marion may be much more difficult unfortunately.

It is really sad that this guy got away with this for so long---especially when he was on the police radar from as far back as 1969. Really disturbing that at no point did any investigator think to see if Marion's disappearance was connected to him. I sure hope Sally feels some level of vindication & accomplishment. Think of all the victims (including the two witnesses) who could have been spared this trauma had the system taken Sally's concerns more seriously. At least she has helped expose this despicable human.

Could have been something RB told her. He may have said he got tickets to Orient Express, when he never did & then told her they couldn't reschedule until late Aug (to buy him time). To me, Marion's trip sounds alot like JO's in the sense that there was no well-planned itinerary. She just traveled with a man who seemed to be in charge of the trip and made a lot of promises.

Separately, would be interesting to know if RB traveled back overseas right after he closed his security envelope in late October 1997. Did he use that as temporary but secure storage until he could personally take money etc. overseas?

I can't see RB spontaneously offering additional information that connects him to Marion (that Marion stored things at his home or that he went with her to the Southport school on an occasion), unless he needed to. I wonder if investigators produced some evidence he needed to explain away. For example, perhaps someone from Southport recognized his picture and remembered he had been there.

They have said from the beginning that this is an ongoing investigation. Investigating RB's crimes is probably the easier part b/c so many leads. Finding Marion may be much more difficult unfortunately.

It is really sad that this guy got away with this for so long---especially when he was on the police radar from as far back as 1969. Really disturbing that at no point did any investigator think to see if Marion's disappearance was connected to him. I sure hope Sally feels some level of vindication & accomplishment. Think of all the victims (including the two witnesses) who could have been spared this trauma had the system taken Sally's concerns more seriously. At least she has helped expose this despicable human.

There is a element of truth about the Central European flooding that Summer in 1997. After listening to JOs evidence it makes you wonder how many days Marion was with a companion in the UK? The postcard comments suggest to me she was on her own for a fair part of June/July 1997. Saying that JO didn’t book any accommodation in the UK and I don’t think Marion did too.

I just remembered it was Estelle i think that posted about the set up of the business with his 3 names attached and the description matched this type of service .
I have found something linked to the lismore area with an Australian ABN early 2005
I just need to verify if this is the same type of business and service
Do you mean this business from Belgium?

Attachments

• 9ACE1C83-64DF-4D21-9846-2353F21E4C7A.png
    9ACE1C83-64DF-4D21-9846-2353F21E4C7A.png
    248.1 KB · Views: 40
I’m not suggesting that this is the same WW but he’s a few pages from a book.. about ‘another’ WW arrested 1968 in the states as part of a group of heroin traffickers. Also a Belgium national

Crime in America--heroin Importation, Distribution, Packaging, and Paraphernalia

and also mentioned in this one..

The Secret War Against Dope

Two men, same name..?
Wow!! I'm willing to bet both of these are him . If you read further, they say he was cooperating with LE and turned states evidence. JMO MOO

There is a element of truth about the Central European flooding that Summer in 1997. After listening to JOs evidence it makes you wonder how many days Marion was with a companion in the UK? The postcard comments suggest to me she was on her own for a fair part of June/July 1997. Saying that JO didn’t book any accommodation in the UK and I don’t think Marion did too.
I agree. A lot of the postcards are dated within a small window of time. This writing is likely to be occurring while she is on her own. Interesting that AU police haven’t mentioned where they traveled after Tokyo (RB) & S Korea (MB). Would imagine if they met up or traveled on same flight from Asia to EU, we might have told that info(?). I believe EU would share that info AU investigators, right?

I also had a thought…going back to kernel of truth. I remember there was suspicions raised at some point that Marion was stealing from TSS. I wonder if RB took some items (books) to TSS claiming to be a “good citizen” who learned that one of their teachers was stealing from them & he was returning stolen goods. Such rumors would be helpful in convincing Marion she should sell her house and leave AU. I just can’t imagine why he would offer up to police that he went to TSS with Marion—but perhaps someone from the school remembered how the rumor about Marion started and police confronted him on it. That might also explain why Marion wanted the scales returned.

I agree. A lot of the postcards are dated within a small window of time. This writing is likely to be occurring while she is on her own. Interesting that AU police haven’t mentioned where they traveled after Tokyo (RB) & S Korea (MB). Would imagine if they met up or traveled on same flight from Asia to EU, we might have told that info(?). I believe EU would share that info AU investigators, right?

I also had a thought…going back to kernel of truth. I remember there was suspicions raised at some point that Marion was stealing from TSS. I wonder if RB took some items (books) to TSS claiming to be a “good citizen” who learned that one of their teachers was stealing from them & he was returning stolen goods. Such rumors would be helpful in convincing Marion she should sell her house and leave AU. I just can’t imagine why he would offer up to police that he went to TSS with Marion—but perhaps someone from the school remembered how the rumor about Marion started and police confronted him on it. That might also explain why Marion wanted the scales returned.
Yes, agreed about the stealing. It sounds like maybe RB/FDH/FR made a complaint or started a rumour to further panic and intimidate Marion

Was just reading about a German Aussie conman in the 70s and 80s called John Friedrich.

Back in Germany he was a wanted man, went skiing and never returned, so they assumed he died. Lol he even planted evidence.

In reality, he fled to Australia on temporary visa. Officials didn't know about prior record and didn't realise anything was fishy because he pretended to leave Australia in a timely manner.

He tricked customs into believing he boarded a flight out of Australia. Immigration records show he left! But he actually remained in Aus for decades until more cons, convictions and his death.

Point being, I don't know how they do it, but these conmen know how to make it look as though they board flights o_O So all this business about RB not travelling with Marion (and travelling just before or after his companions) might be a ruse. Don't know how he's doing it but it's the perfect disguise.

I think this man preys on human error and typos, and must fluster then charm the hell out of the people and red tape that are in his way.

Do you mean this business from Belgium?

Yes thank you i queried it because it matches the description of the type of marketing and advertising in all types of media for 3rd parties business albeit the more recent adaptation includes modern media marketing online of course . The initial ABN of the coin business was registered once for only 3 weeks and the second one for months only in a similar time period ( i am assuming perhaps set up to trade as a marketing tool ) then it evolved over time into the business it is now which is a rather large with bases in Lismore , Coffs harbour and i think i noted a Byron bay link and a Sydney office and is online internet reach overseas naturally.

It was the Trading name AN AM MARKETING AND INTERNET SERVICES that piqued my interest because it was similar to the business in Belgium .
As i said it may not be linked , however it did get me thinking this model of business suited the type of resource needed for trading that could be a legitimate cover .

Historical details for ABN 14 860 403 413 | ABN Lookup

I did search these types of business and it is a lucrative endeavor.
At least one person connected to him is in marketing too this day.
imo
Just another rabbit hole

Last edited:
Ok…I have checked the owner of this particular one and pic doesn’t resemble same person to me and younger.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/andrew-mitchell-2aaa67171?originalSubdomain=au

To be clear i was in no way connecting the person you speak of and did not share that part .
I have given a clear explanation of my thought process once i figured out the description of the internet services and the similarity and the reasons it triggered my interest .As i said its just sluething :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay