Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, whoever is representing him is not being shown on screen today. They normally present themselves and watch with an eagle eye as they need to interject from time to time. So it's possible they quit and he is representing himself.

Well, whoever is representing him is not being shown on screen today. They normally present themselves and watch with an eagle eye as they need to interject from time to time. So it's possible they quit and he is representing himself.
I figured they were just present in the court. Until no one interjected over the notes.

OMG, he told Monique he was in the secret service. Typical con man.

It seems he stalked and preyed on her too. MC claimed they met randomly on the street, had a conversation and continued seeing each other, going on dates and to dinner. She says she was naive and young and believed him. She was a teacher who lived alone.

Very different to his statement that they met due to business and were only ever friends.

Suggesting that Monique has "had a monkey" with investigators is so hilarious from this man.
Pal, look in a mirror. Reflect. Digest. Come up with a better story.
I like that on one hand she’s incredibly intelligent, and on the other hand she is the type to have a monkey with investigators and/or misremember their relationship.

An update for those reading from work...

RB claims he NEVER had an affair with Monique Cornelius and that they were very good platonic friends. They met through his furniture factory and she even went to his house in Lux to visit his baby.

Casselden said this contradicts his wife's statement from yesterday. RB then made a song and dance about Dianne surviving brain surgery, he then provided a document to the court from a hospital to prove the surgery. Casselden asked why wasn't the court told of 'memory issues' earlier. RB replied that his wife 'doesn't want to talk about her surgery'.

Then Casselden brought up RB's initial statement where he said that he DID have an AFFAIR with Monique Cornelius. RB said it was a platonic affair.

There are issues now that RB keeps checking notes he brought in, which he IS NOT allowed to do. SO they have just confiscated them, hahahaha.

Thank you. That is crazy

Wait… his “former” solicitors? What the heck happened?

I think he may have had legal representation from Legal Aid… and in my professional experience Legal Aid does at times drop their matters and no longer provide representation if, either the person who received the grant has had a change in circumstances financially so they are no longer eligible for the grant, or the person they are representing is not cooperating with reasonable instructions from the lawyer, or if there is a conflict of interest and someone else in the matter is being represented by Legal Aid.

He's speaking very highly of Monique, which strikes me as a break from his track record with women thus far.

Yes describes her highly and used the word, “fantastic person”. Seems still in luuuurve with the woman.

RB is now denying he and FR/Lux were friends. He claims he only met him once or twice.

Casselden asked him why he used his name as his alias. And he said 'for the same reasons as the others'. Which is... for no reason at all.

Casselden is now implying that perhaps he had a fantasy of being FR/Lux... an international soccer player who was married to MC. RB strongly denies Casselden's theory but can not give an answer as to why he took FR/Lux name.

I think it is possible RB was genuinely enamoured with MC. She's the only woman he speaks highly of. And envious of FR/Lux.

Perhaps Marion reminded him of her. And he already had the perfect alias to use to seduce her. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966