Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
1977-07-13 Ilona died, age 31yo, St Kilda, Victoria of Myocardial ischaemia (heart), The Coroner at Melbourne Mr H.W. Pascoe ordered burial of the body without inquest.

Thanks Estelle. I just found the info on an old thread, do we know why her daughter went by so many different names herself?

why did he keep mentioning how far it was for the kids to commute to school and swimming squad every day? I just Google mapped and it is only 20 mins?

I became suspicious when Casselden said it was the school holidays that RB chose to go overseas. I wondered if the children were staying somewhere else for the school holidays and went to a swimming camp so the parents could go overseas.

I became suspicious when Casselden said it was the school holidays that RB chose to go overseas. I wondered if the children were staying somewhere else for the school holidays and went to a swimming camp so the parents could go overseas.

Sorry kids but I’m going on another all expenses paid jaunt to Europe and you’re not invited again!

Thanks Estelle. I just found the info on an old thread, do we know why her daughter went by so many different names herself?

The daughter would have been born EW but then her mother married MJ Reid so perhaps she had the choice of either surname.

The overseas trips were just for him.

Wifey and kids stayed home.

He seemed incredulous at the thought that his wife at least might want to go for a trip.

His wife briefly mentioned in her evidence that he did Belgium National Service and was in the Belgian Congo in Africa (she didn’t seem to realise that’s in Africa). There was a lot of unrest in the Belgium Congo leading to independence in 1960 including the Léopoldville Riots in 1959. Was he there at the time?

His wife briefly mentioned in her evidence that he did Belgium National Service and was in the Belgian Congo in Africa (she didn’t seem to realise that’s in Africa). There was a lot of unrest in the Belgium Congo leading to independence in 1960 including the Léopoldville Riots in 1959. Was he there at the time?

He would have been 20yo in 1959. RB said in his evidence that he was flown over there to rescue Belgian nationals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pama_213