Australia Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC neither of these matters came up in the inquest. Haven't heard anything about him claiming to be a POW.
It’s mentioned by the daughter in law of one of his alleged Belgian victims in the TLV podcast broadcast on the 9 Nov 22. It’s no doubt a load of BS like so much this career liar says.

I'm sure that the razoo thing was something he said in Court, if my memory is correct.

But this article says "he told the Weekend Australian" . So maybe he did give them an interview.

He denies ever trying to poison anyone and says the only poison he knows is bleach and all that.
He says it's a pack of lies that he told anyone that he had been captured in the Vietnam war.
He says Marion took money out two or three times a day, not him.
He has no idea why women are coming forward saying these things about him.

Oh and he said that there's two sides to every story and whatever they say it has to be proved.

And he said his counsel has told him to say nothing :D
A VERY BIG BAG OF MANURE RIGHT THERE!

I'm sure that the razoo thing was something he said in Court, if my memory is correct.

But this article says "he told the Weekend Australian" . So maybe he did give them an interview.

He denies ever trying to poison anyone and says the only poison he knows is bleach and all that.
He says it's a pack of lies that he told anyone that he had been captured in the Vietnam war.
He says Marion took money out two or three times a day, not him.
He has no idea why women are coming forward saying these things about him.

Oh and he said that there's two sides to every story and whatever they say it has to be proved.

And he said his counsel has told him to say nothing :D
I certainly hope he’s not being paid for his ‘interview’.

Glad they used a pic of his daughter, even if the face is blurred, the whole family should be shamed at this stage, and they should never forget who bought the shame to them ... their AH father and they let him continue.

View attachment 403644
I wonder what she thinks having her life funded from alleged ill-gotten gains? If Aka pops his clogs I do hope the attention then turns to the rest of his family to find out where the money has been spent or hidden.

Ric Blum said that a bank manager confirmed that Marion took the money out herself.
He got nothing.

He said that everything has been suspended because of new material coming out, and that his counsel said not to say anything.

This one doesn't seem to be behind a paywall
Blocked for me but I can’t wait to see what he thinks might redeem him.

Ric Blum said that a bank manager confirmed that Marion took the money out herself.
He got nothing.

He said that everything has been suspended because of new material coming out, and that his counsel said not to say anything.

This one doesn't seem to be behind a paywall

I'm in the UK and can only see the photo and first few sentences but am heartened to see all the publicity this case is now getting.

I'm in the UK and can only see the photo and first few sentences but am heartened to see all the publicity this case is now getting.

Yes sorry about the article. I'm not using anything to see it and am not a subscriber, so I don't get why I can see it, if others can't.

Anyway there's nothing in it that is new.

It was the bit about the bank manager that stood out for me.

Maybe he thinks that absolves him of anything to do with Marion's money ?

Yes sorry about the article. I'm not using anything to see it and am not a subscriber, so I don't get why I can see it, if others can't.

Anyway there's nothing in it that is new.

It was the bit about the bank manager that stood out for me.

Maybe he thinks that absolves him of anything to do with Marion's money ?

His word means absolute zero but unfortunately the inquest now has testimony from someone who is seemingly a credible witness and banking professional. Sadly, in terms of how courts and the legal system operate, they would classify as reliable. He knows that because he's a con artist and he knows how to play systems so he's grabbed onto it, it's the only thing he's got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJane 55