Australia Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening again to episode 11 of TLV podcast MC says in 2019 she was 36 when she divorced FR and now she was 70 so I calculate she divorced around 1985. This is some years after first meeting Aka.

I’d forgotten that the real FR had a sister named Marion (not sure if same spelling). That could cause a fraudster an issue if there were two MRs going around assuming she wasn’t using a married name and that Aka knew FR had a sister. Was Florabella used to break that link?

You can possibly understand MB using the Remakel surname and changing it by Deed Poll but change of forenames and the total loss of identity is stranger. Did she insist she must keep Marion if only as an add on forename?

@Justyce Sorry I don’t know how to reply to you. Yep I know where their house is. Funnily enough I spoke to my uncle today and he knew who I was talking about. He knew him as “Dick” so I figure he met him a while ago, he’s been in Ballina all his life and in his late 70s now so bless his sweet heart

I’m not making fun on what my uncle said knowing him by “Dick”, my father was called the same but that wasn’t his actual name, so I mean no offence or jokes to anyone
your uncle is a wise man!

dick is a perfect name for a monster~ wondering if he used a surname starting with H back then when your uncle met him :cool:

MC says she read the story about Miss Warner before being corrected by AS that it’s Marion Barter. I know as you get older you can mix up or forget names. I do it myself. Just a little strange it was Marion’s as that who is the main part of this investigation.
is she confusing it with Marion's name when she married to Johnny Warren.

@Justyce Sorry I don’t know how to reply to you. Yep I know where their house is. Funnily enough I spoke to my uncle today and he knew who I was talking about. He knew him as “Dick” so I figure he met him a while ago, he’s been in Ballina all his life and in his late 70s now so bless his sweet heart

I’m not making fun on what my uncle said knowing him by “Dick”, my father was called the same but that wasn’t his actual name, so I mean no offence or jokes to anyone

Dick, short for Richard? I wonder when he started using that alias. It’s weird to use multiple aliases in a small town where you live for a long time…

She’s an intelligent lady and it’s hard to believe now that she didn’t put 2 and 2 together when the Podcast team initially contacted her.
yes agree. they wanted nothing to do with it.

but have had plenty of time since the inquest to revise a way out of any involvement IMO

she said she wanted nothing to do with him once she found out he was married - david was 2 then....

he is still corresponding to her when they move to tassie.......and he is writing about their love making years after 'she wanted nothing to do with him".....and she kept them all.

why?

couldnt be for blackmail - no one knew what was about to be revealed once joni found him using MC HUSBANDS initials in an ad.

she kept them because the affair was still going on IMO

now she has him over a barrel = he cant refute what she now says as it will incriminate him being with MB in Europe 1997 = using MC ex husbands initials = perhaps set up to syphon money from his account into a new account that AH and MC can use?

maybe he was planning to set up with MC in Europe and leave dianne ? she has never remarried right?

Listening again to episode 11 of TLV podcast MC says in 2019 she was 36 when she divorced FR and now she was 70 so I calculate she divorced around 1985. This is some years after first meeting Aka.
I THINK THEY MET LONG BEFORE HER DIVORCE......

Dianne and son ( HE IS 1 YEARS OLD) leave for OS 23 April 1980 -

both arriving back into Australia from Germany JAN 1981 ………

............................could be when she found out about MC

after a couple of weeks being in Aust, they are back out to Lux arriving January 1981 for birth of daughter Maite, 3 mths later in 17 APRIL 1981

Dianne would be around 6 mths pregnant - a lot of travelling with a toddler back and forth for a couple of weeks......why? ....................could be when she found out about MC

so MC and AH are having an affair while DWalker is pregnant with Maite

AH pens the love letter to MC in August 1981

he is still writing to her when in he is living in Tassie - 1990 - 1992

Last edited:
After listening to MC in the latest podcast, her interview with AS was "strange and disjointed" to say the least! BUT …. with MC being "young and beautiful" at the time of first meeting AKA and AKA being a "professional photographer", is it possible/probable that the ALL the women he has interacted with over the years were coerced (or drugged) into being photographed in lewd and compromising positions? And was it only later on they discovered (by threat or blackmail) that this had happened (as with GGB), or regretted it as they got older (maybe MC)? This could be why, IMO, other women are too embarrassed to come forward now and reveal "their shame", which it shouldn't be, or too afraid of retribution. These photographs could well have been hidden in safety deposit boxes over the years.

Last edited:
So WOW! Just WOW! ABC Four Corners “Tainted Gold”…Explosive report and so revealing. Perth Mint’s past failure to comply with money laundering laws and dodgy screening of EuroPacific Bank accounts employing techniques such as Omnibus accounts (as I understood it…whereby individual account names are lumped together thus potentially preventing screening of individuals with criminal, organised crime connections and/ or under sanctions). I don’t know…IMO if I were looking for missing money and money laundering through gold, I would be checking this out. Just sayin‘

UPDATE: Here’s a link to the transcript for those interested who are not in Oz and not able to watch on ABCiView Tainted Gold: Inside Perth Mint's billion-dollar scandal
I just saw a post yesterday about how Perth mint was selling gold bars mixed with silver to China. Pretty dodgy bunch, they are!

After listening to MC in the latest podcast, her interview with AS was "strange and disjointed" to say the least! BUT …. with MC being "young and beautiful" at the time of first meeting AKA and AKA being a "professional photographer", is it possible/probable that the ALL the women he has interacted with over the years were coerced (or drugged) into being photographed in lewd and compromising positions? And was it only later on they discovered (by threat or blackmail) that this had happened (as with GGB), or regretted it as they got older (maybe MC)? This could be why, IMO, other women are too embarrassed to come forward now and reveal "their shame", which it shouldn't be, or too afraid of retribution. These photographs could well have been hidden in safety deposit boxes over the years.
It’s a good point. A form of Revenge *advertiser censored*. GGB was only a year after MB and it’s not that difficult to believe similar tactics were used. The threat of having images sent to family & friends really would play with your mind. You really have full control over someone at that stage. Although JO has never mentioned it I wonder if he took photos of her including when she belly-dancing?

It’s hard to know with Monique and AKA
There seems to be correspondence well beyond the their relationship which suggests it was longer than she admits.
Clandestine and ultimately embarrassing??
I find it difficult to believe that she didn’t make an immediate connection when “The Lady Vanishes” team interviewed her in connection about her ex husband Fernand Remakel and Marion’s disappearance and she did say that AKA who has lived in Australia now for many years had stolen one of her ex husband’s identity cards when he lived in Luxembourg but not only that she had sent her ex husband to chat to AKA.
Somethings not adding up

@KeenSleuth17 I’m sorry I cannot figure out how to quote people on here, obviously I’m not too tech savvy haha. But yes, you are correct, my uncle knew him as Richard “Dick”.

I’m going to see him again tomorrow and will try to find out more. My uncle had quite a lot of money back in the day for reasons I won’t say because it might be obvious to some who we are. But he absolutely did NOT give any money to this scum bag and I don’t think Blumhole (funniest nickname ever) even tried to get any money from him. Was he waiting around for my uncle to pass on and make his move on my Aunty? Who knows. Maybe he was trying to make an actual friend of the same gender. I’ll post an update after my visit with my uncle tomorrow

@KeenSleuth17 I’m sorry I cannot figure out how to quote people on here, obviously I’m not too tech savvy haha. But yes, you are correct, my uncle knew him as Richard “Dick”.

I’m going to see him again tomorrow and will try to find out more. My uncle had quite a lot of money back in the day for reasons I won’t say because it might be obvious to some who we are. But he absolutely did NOT give any money to this scum bag and I don’t think Blumhole (funniest nickname ever) even tried to get any money from him. Was he waiting around for my uncle to pass on and make his move on my Aunty? Who knows. Maybe he was trying to make an actual friend of the same gender. I’ll post an update after my visit with my uncle tomorrow
Interesting!! I’ll wait with bated breath for your update.

P.S. to reply to someone direct just press the “reply” on the bottom right of their post.
If you want to reply to a few people in one message, just press “quote” on each of their posts and then down the bottom of your page where there’s a box to reply, press “insert quotes”. Hope that makes sense!

Interesting!! I’ll wait with bated breath for your update.

P.S. to reply to someone direct just press the “reply” on the bottom right of their post.
If you want to reply to a few people in one message, just press “quote” on each of their posts and then down the bottom of your page where there’s a box to reply, press “insert quotes”. Hope that makes sense!
Did I do this right? Sorry
If not

Edit* Thanks @KeenSleuth17

I THINK THEY MET LONG BEFORE HER DIVORCE......

Dianne and son ( HE IS 1 YEARS OLD) leave for OS 23 April 1980 -

both arriving back into Australia from Germany JAN 1981 ………

............................could be when she found out about MC

after a couple of weeks being in Aust, they are back out to Lux arriving January 1981 for birth of daughter Maite, 3 mths later in 17 APRIL 1981

Dianne would be around 6 mths pregnant - a lot of travelling with a toddler back and forth for a couple of weeks......why? ....................could be when she found out about MC

so MC and AH are having an affair while DWalker is pregnant with Maite

AH pens the love letter to MC in August 1981

he is still writing to her when in he is living in Tassie - 1990 - 1992
Yet, from memory, MC was the only one he vehemently denied having sexual relations with, even when confronted with the singing testicles letter. Contrast this with the way he spoke boastfully about his sexual relationship with Marion. I wonder why?

It’s hard to know with Monique and AKA
There seems to be correspondence well beyond the their relationship which suggests it was longer than she admits.
Clandestine and ultimately embarrassing??
I find it difficult to believe that she didn’t make an immediate connection when “The Lady Vanishes” team interviewed her in connection about her ex husband Fernand Remakel and Marion’s disappearance and she did say that AKA who has lived in Australia now for many years had stolen one of her ex husband’s identity cards when he lived in Luxembourg but not only that she had sent her ex husband to chat to AKA.
Somethings not adding up
Agree, his relationship with MC is the odd one out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow