Australia Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Willy/Dick ? ‍♂️ It's all the same thing to me!
I had to laugh, because i didn’t get the richard/dick combo but could also only see the link between the two synonyms. That sounded the most obvious to me.

I guess Willy/Dick is cocky enough to name himself after his little friend.

Btw : De kock (surname), Piet (penis in Dutch), Uittebroek (surname, translation ‘out of the pants),… are Belgian names. If he went that direction for his inspiration we’re in for a laugh.

"Adored my time in Jane Austen's house, after being touched by her memorial in Winchester Cathedral. The countryside is so picturesque ... ".

As far as I know the full contents of this postcard have never been released. This visit takes her as far west as Hampshire. JMO but I don’t see Marion doing this journey on her own whether in the little hire car or by train having to go all the way up to London to catch a train west to Hampshire (then a 2 mile walk) and then onto Winchester Cathedral another 18 miles further west.

The postcard was postmarked in Guildford in West Surrey. JMO but it would seem Marion probably stayed near there to write the card and post it and not travel back to Kent/Sussex and return to Guildford to post it.

As a matter of interest Winchester Cathedral is only 20 minutes from Southampton Airport. It’s then a cheap flight of just an hour to Amsterdam.

Yet, from memory, MC was the only one he vehemently denied having sexual relations with, even when confronted with the singing testicles letter. Contrast this with the way he spoke boastfully about his sexual relationship with Marion. I wonder why?

Because of his wife I guess? And because they *both* (he and wife) know he has to lie about being in a genuine loving relationship with Marion otherwise he has to acknowledge he was only scamming her. IMO this tangibly implicates DdH as being fully knowing.

yes agree. they wanted nothing to do with it.

but have had plenty of time since the inquest to revise a way out of any involvement IMO

she said she wanted nothing to do with him once she found out he was married - david was 2 then....

he is still corresponding to her when they move to tassie.......and he is writing about their love making years after 'she wanted nothing to do with him".....and she kept them all.

why?

couldnt be for blackmail - no one knew what was about to be revealed once joni found him using MC HUSBANDS initials in an ad.

she kept them because the affair was still going on IMO

now she has him over a barrel = he cant refute what she now says as it will incriminate him being with MB in Europe 1997 = using MC ex husbands initials = perhaps set up to syphon money from his account into a new account that AH and MC can use?

maybe he was planning to set up with MC in Europe and leave dianne ? she has never remarried right?
I tend to think the affair started while she was married and even now all this time later she doesn’t want that truth to come out. So the constant it was over when I found out he was married is reiterated over and over.

She babysat David remember that? Believing it was his nephew..

I think she’s just preserving the reputation of her younger self

Agree, his relationship with MC is the odd one out.

MC may not be the only one he 'kept sweet' with romantic loving intentions and didn't personally steal hard cash or quantifiable valuables directly from - he did exploit her and 'mine' her resources / connections as it were. That's what predators / narcissists / abusers do it's not always about overt profit but they are exploitative in all circumstances, whether it's for sex, a roof over their head, home cooked dinner, borrow the car, or using the person to comfort them and boost their ego.

I'll bet MC is in 'negative equity' in all sorts of ways. Anyhow since we only know about MC because of FR and because the Remakel name was just so unusual plus Marion's name change and a frankly remarkable piece of sleuthing, that means there could be plenty of other 'MCs' dotted around the world, we just don't know about them.

MC may not be the only one he 'kept sweet' with romantic loving intentions and didn't personally steal hard cash or quantifiable valuables directly from - he did exploit her and 'mine' her resources / connections as it were. That's what predators / narcissists / abusers do it's not always about overt profit but they are exploitative in all circumstances, whether it's for sex, a roof over their head, home cooked dinner, borrow the car, or using the person to comfort them and boost their ego.

I'll bet MC is in 'negative equity' in all sorts of ways. Anyhow since we only know about MC because of FR and because the Remakel name was just so unusual plus Marion's name change and a frankly remarkable piece of sleuthing, that means there could be plenty of other 'MCs' dotted around the world, we just don't know about them.
Absolutely agree.
It would have better for her to reveal that her ex husband’s identity had been stolen by another shady and untrustworthy “ex lover” who lived in Australia to “The Lady Vanishes” team when they came knocking
Was she afraid or just saying as much as she had to??

I tend to think the affair started while she was married and even now all this time later she doesn’t want that truth to come out. So the constant it was over when I found out he was married is reiterated over and over.

TOTALLY

That's what I believe too.

MC AND FR divorce didn't happen until 1986

David was 1 when Diane came home briefly 21 JAN 1981 then flew back to Lux in time to have Maite April 1981 = no doubt AH swooned her back

By the time Maite is born , David is 2 yrs old = when MC looks after him

MC is looking after David whilst Diane is having Maite

SHE KNEW HE WAS MARRIED ALL THE WHILE HAVING THE AFFAIR FOR YEARS IMO

BIRTHDATES:
Diane 16 April 1951
DAVID 2 APRIL 1979
MAITE 17 APRIL 1981 LUX = ONE DAY AFTER MOTHERS

Last edited:

TOTALLY
Yet, from memory, MC was the only one he vehemently denied having sexual relations with, even when confronted with the singing testicles letter. Contrast this with the way he spoke boastfully about his sexual relationship with Marion. I wonder why?
PROTECTING THE LOVE OF HIS LIFE

"Adored my time in Jane Austen's house, after being touched by her memorial in Winchester Cathedral. The countryside is so picturesque ... ".

As far as I know the full contents of this postcard have never been released. This visit takes her as far west as Hampshire. JMO but I don’t see Marion doing this journey on her own whether in the little hire car or by train having to go all the way up to London to catch a train west to Hampshire (then a 2 mile walk) and then onto Winchester Cathedral another 18 miles further west.

The postcard was postmarked in Guildford in West Surrey. JMO but it would seem Marion probably stayed near there to write the card and post it and not travel back to Kent/Sussex and return to Guildford to post it.

As a matter of interest Winchester Cathedral is only 20 minutes from Southampton Airport. It’s then a cheap flight of just an hour to Amsterdam.

A random thought. When I first started listening to TLV, I never ever ever imagined the story would be solved. I assumed it would end as most missing person cases do, as a stumper. A never-ending mystery. A maddening puzzle. It truly blows my mind that the case has come this far, and it's a testament to Sally, the TLV crew, and all the prayers, sleuthing, and word of mouth of thousands of people. (I imagine most of us women.) Just goes to show what power there is in numbers. It seems like a miracle.

Carry on. :)

Like the old saying goes, you can catch more flies with honey.
I imagine just getting Monique to say anything at all, is a win.

If she thought she was being blamed, disbelieved or judged, she may very likely have said nothing at all.

Like the old saying goes, you can catch more flies with honey.
I imagine just getting Monique to say anything at all, is a win.

If she thought she was being blamed, disbelieved or judged, she may very likely have said nothing at all.
IMOO the pressure of all the other women not having a problem sharing their stories publicly probably meant it would be incredibly obvious she was protecting him if she didn’t “come forward” too?

AS doesn’t usually shy away from asking interviewees sensitive or difficult questions but hardly asked MC any. That’s not a criticism but was noticeable to me.
Yes as mentioned by TootsieFootsie, it may have been the best AS could get out of MC. Either that or nothing at all. I’m sure they would have discussed and agreed to the questions prior to the recording. Unlike AF, MC was as adamant that she would not be willing to travel to Australia to give evidence. MC is nowhere near as open as the other survivors to the obvious questions we are all wondering.

A random thought. When I first started listening to TLV, I never ever ever imagined the story would be solved. I assumed it would end as most missing person cases do, as a stumper. A never-ending mystery. A maddening puzzle. It truly blows my mind that the case has come this far, and it's a testament to Sally, the TLV crew, and all the prayers, sleuthing, and word of mouth of thousands of people. (I imagine most of us women.) Just goes to show what power there is in numbers. It seems like a miracle.

Carry on. :)
And a Lord!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members