Australia Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! The amount that gets knocked off from castles, historic churches and stately homes is massive!
Like these are [more] recent examples from Hever Castle in Kent.
Zero implication that this is aka handiwork simply presenting example of how these joints can get knocked over pretty easy

The 1994 PIERRE H. DE GAYE ADVERT is still on the table for me after listening to one of the latest podcasts and AH slip up re the FNR license.
The people we found related to this name way back from the UK with links to Bali, is not the person who placed this advert - he would have been a kid when it was placed and his middle name doesn't start with H.
This advert sits with the area where AH (owned a property IMO) back in the days of Walker meats / and used in one of his documents and when his kids were swimming at Chandler.
Another ID he stole IMO

Between 1989 and 1991 there is another victim
and between 1992 and 1994 there is another victim

Any missing persons in the Ballina / Byron area at those times?

NSW Missing women -

NSW Missing women -

Thanks @KiwiNZ

Currently listening to the opening of the latest podcast. AS sounds literally giddy with excitement at being in Brussels. Supposed to be a fact finding mission, not a bloody busmans holiday :( MOO

and the reporting during the "shoe incident" come on ....

How many times does poor Ghislaine have to relay her devastating story for entertainment?
Many cringing moments during this episode as mentioned above. As well as AS incessant giggling and flirting with the spotlight reporter.

It's just BS filling! shopping, coffee, shoes FFS

When did the podcast become Alison Sandy’s travel blog? Absolutely cringe listening. Alison’s giddiness really cheapened the episode. We are here to find out about Marion not follow you to the shoe shop!

I'm having a hard time understanding MC, what with the backgroud noise, and it sounds like she's not close enough to a microphone.

I wish there was a transcript.

I'm going to try listening again, through headphones and see if that helps.
Agree. So much noise much of the time though most episodes.

I'm having a hard time understanding MC, what with the backgroud noise, and it sounds like she's not close enough to a microphone.

I wish there was a transcript.

I'm going to try listening again, through headphones and see if that helps.
It's not much better with headphones! I'll have to listen to it 2 or 3 times I think.

The 1994 PIERRE H. DE GAYE ADVERT is still on the table for me after listening to one of the latest podcasts and AH slip up re the FNR license.
The people we found related to this name way back from the UK with links to Bali, is not the person who placed this advert - he would have been a kid when it was placed and his middle name doesn't start with H.
This advert sits with the area where AH (owned a property IMO) back in the days of Walker meats / and used in one of his documents and when his kids were swimming at Chandler.
Another ID he stole IMO

Between 1989 and 1991 there is another victim
and between 1992 and 1994 there is another victim

Any missing persons in the Ballina / Byron area at those times?
Not off the top of my head but we do have a few ladies in the years after.
None that immediately fall into AHs demographic that I can recall. Closest might be Ellen Wilson in 2016 who did have a mystery boyfriend friends reported but said never saw him.
Her mother recently passed and I’m not sure if situation re inheritance but lawyers posted an ad asking for any known will to be forwarded to them.
She allegedly lived above the florist in Ballina near the police station (on the other side of the block to ballina coin investments) not in goonellabah as reported. She disappeared after using an atm. Her car has also never been recovered.

NSW Missing women -

Its believed locally Bronwyns hubby had a hand in her disappearance.

I'm so glad I tried again.
The headphones are enhancing her voice to the point I can now understand what she's saying.

So he was arrested, at the end of her relationship with him.

And that's when she realised he wasn't the man she thought he was.

I'm so glad I tried again.
The headphones are enhancing her voice to the point I can now understand what she's saying.

So he was arrested, at the end of her relationship with him.

And that's when she realised he wasn't the man she thought he was.
After all the trips he did with her "men" while she was away, lol
And still writing letters in the early 90s

Her testimonials change as often as his aliases

They definitely need to interview MC again about guns and that gang she met! Anyone a Dentist or Maz or Pierre? Can she elaborate on where these gang members were from, language, accent etc? are they Brabant gang or just bad boys looting castles involved in diamonds, jewellery, coins, antiques and rare books? Sounds like organised crime by a bunch of mafia.

Did AH say he sent a container load of " books" to Australia?. Is that his mate with the big shipping yard. Did he have a friend in the shipping business.
Where were those goods sold?

Did TSS have any thefts reported in early 1997?

Where are the Belgian, Dutch, UK, Luxembourg and Australian police and why aren't they interested in interviewing all these women victims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18