Australia Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m caught up with The Lady Vanishes and Laura Richard’s Pods.

Anything going on with this now? Are we waiting for the coroner to come out with her verdict? (Is that the correct term?)

Did the TLV end for good July 24? Or did Alison and Bryan switch to another venue?

Sorry if I’m out of it on this but I suspect a lot is on Facebook and I’m not a member FB.

TLV will be back after the inquest has completed.

Hey there,
I have been reading back over all the information from the MBFB page and the Podcast again, without getting caught up in the small detours this case have given over the years, no thanks to AH himself and his vivid narcissistic imagination.

I realise the majority believe Marion did return home to Australia and I have swung from that, to not returning home numerous times over the past couple of years. But I am still of the belief she didn't return home, even after rehashing all the information given out by MB FB page and TLV.

I know I have posted this missing person up before and sent the MB case to the authorities at the time and I remember another sleuth also mentioning they had done the same.

But I cant shake the similarities to MB and the known links he had to Ireland.

I dont know. Until this missing person gets a name, I cant dismiss this as not being MB.

An image of what she may have looked like has been developed using technology although it is not necessarily an exact depiction of the woman’s face.

I'm with you Mishy I don't believe M returned home, sadly. In this regard IMO we should be concentrating on the UK / South of England and environs. I do think that RB would dispose of someone at sea if he could.

@mishy66 i agree that it probably wasn’t Marion returning to Oz. And she may not have known about her own name change either. RB was an expert at changing names, has a history of forgery, etc. Other victims have said RB took care of all the paperwork, important documents. Him flying separately to his victims meant they didn’t see the false/alternative name on his passports. RB and/or DdH even admitted, at the inquest, to RB filling out passenger cards in advance, for others. He could have coerced Marion into signing a blank passenger card in advance. (I can’t remember if they’re signed though). According to victims, RB played the long game, plotting, scheming, gaslighting, setting up elaborate webs in preparation for his ultimate act of theft. And worse. What a .

@mishy66 i agree that it probably wasn’t Marion returning to Oz. And she may not have known about her own name change either. RB was an expert at changing names, has a history of forgery, etc. Other victims have said RB took care of all the paperwork, important documents. Him flying separately to his victims meant they didn’t see the false/alternative name on his passports. RB and/or DdH even admitted, at the inquest, to RB filling out passenger cards in advance, for others. He could have coerced Marion into signing a blank passenger card in advance. (I can’t remember if they’re signed though). According to victims, RB played the long game, plotting, scheming, gaslighting, setting up elaborate webs in preparation for his ultimate act of theft. And worse. What a .
This is what I have always believed.

is enough of a resemblance in the face. Wasn’t Marion a bit taller though? Also if the lady was deceased and entered the water in 2006, where was Marion between 1997 and 2006? Definitely should be checked out. The sooner the inquest can wrap up, the better,so that SL can get to work unlocking the secrets held in the UK and nearby countries.
Yes there are a few variables
The report has always said it isnt so accurate due to the supposed time in the water.
MB was 5"6 so its not too much of a difference given the circumstances and range they suggest

And yep who knows about the timeline of where this person was.

Like so much of this story, anything and everthing is possible.

Before last year we had no idea AH had over 50 aliases, so Im not throwing anything out until proof of otherwise

Yep totally
The passenger cards arent proof MB returned home. Only proof that most of it is her handwriting.

It was proven at the inquest he got victims and his wife to fill out cards prior and also kept all the documentation on himself.

He convinced MB she was in danger and she was the only victim he coerced to change her name ( as far as we know so far) so convincing her to stay out of her family's life or even threatening her that something would happen to them if she didnt, isnt too far of a stretch to believe she was alive for a few yrs somewhere else in the world.

JMO

I realise the majority believe Marion did return home to Australia and I have swung from that, to not returning home numerous times over the past couple of years. But I am still of the belief she didn't return home, even after rehashing all the information given out by MB FB page and TLV.
Hey @mishy66 -- I'm sure you've said before, but would you tell me what purpose it would serve if RB did kill Marion in UK and dispose of her there, to create the elaborate hoax of her returning to Australia?

To make it seem like she came back and emptied her own bank accounts.
That makes sense. but as we know, "bringing her back" (in a hoax with boarding card) means the authorities discovered Marion's name change, and potentially that name change link to RB. If Marion had vanished in UK and then her money had vanished in Australia with no discernible connection, it might have created an unsolvable puzzle. If RB created the hoax with boarding card, he was overthinking things which ultimately lead to the discovery of his involvement by proclaiming Marion's name change loud and clear.

That makes sense. but as we know, "bringing her back" (in a hoax with boarding card) means the authorities discovered Marion's name change, and potentially that name change link to RB. If Marion had vanished in UK and then her money had vanished in Australia with no discernible connection, it might have created an unsolvable puzzle. If RB created the hoax with boarding card, he was overthinking things which ultimately lead to the discovery of his involvement by proclaiming Marion's name change loud and clear.
""" If Marion had vanished in UK and then her money had vanished in Australia with no discernible connection, it might have created an unsolvable puzzle."""

That was his grand plan. But it was foiled over a decade later - far too long for any connection to him until he offered up the fact that he had a relationship with her and MB had stored things at his house - AFTER Joni discovered the advert in the paper - His undoing - not as smart as he thinks he is.

They didn't list her as missing until 2007.
The authorities only found out about the name change in 2011 when they told SL.
That is a lot of yrs in between.
It was then that SL's friend who worked in customs, discovered the passport was used to go overseas.

In his eyes AH had a lot more to gain than MB in getting her to use those initials for her passport and DL for Luxembourg as place of residence. A much bigger gain in his eyes for getting MB to change her name. IMO

Attachments

• SL and Bank Teller.jpg
    SL and Bank Teller.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 61
<snipped to shorten> …

He convinced MB she was in danger and she was the only victim he coerced to change her name ( as far as we know so far) so convincing her to stay out of her family's life or even threatening her that something would happen to them if she didnt, isnt too far of a stretch to believe she was alive for a few yrs somewhere else in the world.

JMO
[BBM]

I don’t want to further anyone’s pain bringing this up but is there any chance a young man who thought his mother had abandoned him was actually a victim of foul play? MOO.

Hope LE looked at the death from all angles.

Yes there are a few variables
The report has always said it isnt so accurate due to the supposed time in the water.
MB was 5"6 so its not too much of a difference given the circumstances and range they suggest

And yep who knows about the timeline of where this person was.

Like so much of this story, anything and everthing is possible.

Before last year we had no idea AH had over 50 aliases, so Im not throwing anything out until proof of otherwise
Yes Mishy, I think all Jane Does from Europe that fits time frame and age should be looked into. I did read that the lady found in Scotland had no teeth. Do we know if MB had dentures or her own teeth?

Yes Mishy, I think all Jane Does from Europe that fits time frame and age should be looked into. I did read that the lady found in Scotland had no teeth. Do we know if MB had dentures or her own teeth?
Yes she had no teeth - that could be because of removal of all to help prevent ID
No idea in regard to MB teeth
It is just a small thing that doesnt rule out one way or the other

Is it just me or does it seem a very long time waiting for the coroner to announce her findings? It must be very frustrating for SL watching the wheels of justice turn so slowly.
I know it's so frustrating !! AH isn't getting any younger, I will be so furious if the pig dies before we get there.

At this stage, with all the WE know, and I am sure the authorities know a lot more, I don't understand why it doesn't seem to be a priority.

Just noticed these 2 comments by SL in the new MPMB Facebook Community Group that they started up recently. It’s unbelievable the amount of administrative obstacles that are put in the way in Australia when people go missing.

Attachments

• IMG_6833.jpeg
    IMG_6833.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_6834.jpeg
    IMG_6834.jpeg
    133.1 KB · Views: 76
In Rebecca Hazel’s newly released book, “The Schoolgirl, Her Teacher and His Wife”, the following statistics provided by Liz Davies, Co-ordinator of Service NSW Family & Friends of Missing Persons Unit are quoted:

“‘In NSW, 87% of missing people return within 48 hours. And within a month, 98% are located. The remaining 1-2% are the long term missing.’

Of that small group, I remembered Carl Milovanovich [NSW Deputy State Coroner] telling Peter Dawson [Chris Dawson’s brother and legal representative at Lyn Simms’ (Dawson’s) 2003 inquest] most are subject to homicide.’

‘There are lots of families who have someone go missing for a short time, they can be lost or disoriented as many older people are, they can choose to leave and want to be left alone, some suicide and some meet with misadventure. Those people are found.’”

So the statistics indicate that homicide is the most likely explanation for Marion’s disappearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966