Australia Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #23

Yes ! Thank you that was it.

So her and the woman from Sydney who was on the dating site.

2 more women

How many more!
Actually, you could make that 3 or even 4 more victims

The 2 women above and one woman that SL spoke of on the MB FB page last year where thanks to the David Murray investigation into him, a woman contacted them in regard to a negative experience she had had with him years before - no name given. I think @HinterlandObserver found that notice.

AND the Melbourne woman that ER spoke of when she met up with him and he laughed when he told her that he had just ripped off a woman and gave a false number or threw his phone away.

If it was $5000 withdrawn each day, then that would have to have been done at the counter of the bank. For that to happen over three and half weeks, IMOO something dodgy was going on at the bank.
:cool:

AND we are back to G Higgins again

Assistant Manager during the time of Marions disappearing money and his boss JH ( married at the time to a BB policeman) who testified she "remembered' Marion coming in ..... after seeing a reward poster yrs later

GH, one and the same person who fleeced women out of their life savings when he was manager at the Tweed Heads CBA in 2001

I think we have all asked the Q here over the years, DID he and AH, along with GC, know each other !

There is definitely a ring of rosie with the bank and its staff at the time IMO

GH - I think I remember someone here finding out he was once a salesman for Trendwest......
Trendwest
The GC Arts Centre and Marions remark to SL that a mutual friend introduced her to AH

The GC Arts centre - across the road from Trendwest

I know SL has said they met at the Arts Centre at a Coin and Antique fair but I wonder if Marion had spoken to her Bank manager at one time enquiring about investing and Trendwest Timeshare came up??

It would be a trip if GH who once worked for them and AH who 'could' have worked there all collided the day Marion went to find out more about Trendwest and then down the track she and AH met up at the local Art Centre

Did anyone ever find out if Trendwest was operational across the road from HOTA back in 1997??

POLICE NOTE:
1 DECEMBER 1997
MB LOCATED SAFE AND WELL AND WHEREABOUTS NOT TO BE DISCLOSED
" THE BANK TELLER WAS JUST SO INSISTENT THAT IT WAS DEFINITELY MARION AND THERE WAS NO OTHER WAY ABOUT IT"

I think I posted previously that there was a connection to JH the bank manager from a big horse racing family, lived in the same town AH lived in, worked as a volunteer at BB high school and her horse racing enthusiast accountant friend ALSO from the same town and he knowing NS the woman who had the same PO box as AH yrs earlier.

I mean, its all a tangled web right!

Last edited:
AND we are back to G Higgins again
Assistant Manager during the time of Marions disappearing money and his boss JH ( married at the time to a BB policeman) who testified she "remembered' Marion coming in ..... after seeing a reward poster yrs later
GH, one and the same person who fleeced women out of their life savings when he was manager at the Tweed Heads CBA in 2001
Wow.

Last edited:
Higgins, Childs, Blum are linked inexorably in my mind.

I attended a gemstone and rock show at HOTA (then known as The Arts Centre) in May/June 1997. Made a connection with one of the guys who prospected around Queensland. An antiques fair would certainly provide the opportunity for Marion to meet someone. These things bring out the “characters.”

I believe TrendWest was operational around that time, located across a busy street (Bundall Road) from the Arts Centre. There was a popular Mexican restaurant beside it where workers from the area would meet up, especially on a Friday night.

As to the bank teller’s recollection years later, give me a break. It either made an impression on her immediately after her encounter with the flower-haired woman, or it didn’t happen and was a false memory IMO.

Working in Human Resouces for a US bank in 1990s in busy city. Very common to have a crooked teller who was working with pickpocket/purse thieves. Thief at counter for max cash withdrawal. Shows photo ID to teller & she hands over cash. Often from bank card theft to withdraw only 15-20 minutes, clearly a multi person theft ring, must have crooked teller at every bank in downtown. Number customers said bag probably stolen by cleaners at nearby food court, pushing handbag from under table with a broom. Customers would run to bank as soon as notice theft and the money already gone.
Anyway, bank video would show a mature black man withdrawing cash for account of 20 year old white, blond female.
Teller insists she did her job correctly, checked photo ID. Tellers were hard to hire, impossible to prove they were crooked when they “checked Id”. Bank customers outraged.
Of course. It’s PIN now thankfully

Just saying, I don’t find it so unusual for bank teller to be a crook & getting kickback from a thief. Maybe in smaller town Oz, also common.

Higgins, Childs, Blum are linked inexorably in my mind.

I attended a gemstone and rock show at HOTA (then known as The Arts Centre) in May/June 1997. Made a connection with one of the guys who prospected around Queensland. An antiques fair would certainly provide the opportunity for Marion to meet someone. These things bring out the “characters.”

I believe TrendWest was operational around that time, located across a busy street (Bundall Road) from the Arts Centre. There was a popular Mexican restaurant beside it where workers from the area would meet up, especially on a Friday night.

As to the bank teller’s recollection years later, give me a break. It either made an impression on her immediately after her encounter with the flower-haired woman, or it didn’t happen and was a false memory IMO.
That is great to know and have it confirmed. Thank you @Ooohm

Yes ! Thank you that was it.

So her and the woman from Sydney who was on the dating site.

2 more women

How many more!
And wasn't there an "unknown" woman who may have been wealthy and living in Melbourne?? RB was in Melbourne when he spoke to ER about (allegedly) "ripping off a woman" then "disposing of his mobile phone". Unknown female #3 ???

Last edited:
Actually, you could make that 3 or even 4 more victims

The 2 women above and one woman that SL spoke of on the MB FB page last year where thanks to the David Murray investigation into him, a woman contacted them in regard to a negative experience she had had with him years before - no name given. I think @HinterlandObserver found that notice.

AND the Melbourne woman that ER spoke of when she met up with him and he laughed when he told her that he had just ripped off a woman and gave a false number or threw his phone away.
And wasn't there an "unknown" woman who may have been wealthy and living in Melbourne?? RB was in Melbourne when he spoke to ER about (allegedly) "ripping off a woman" then "disposing of his mobile phone". Unknown female #3 ???

Chaim Frederick David DEHEDERVARY

CFDD

This name has always had interest to me

He had his legal name in the mix but added a new Christian name then got a driver's licence in that new name

Reminds me of his FNRemakel drivers license and the victim he helped get a new name for FNMR, along with an International drivers licence.

MARION

I just cant help thinking that somewhere out there is a woman with the initials CFDD or CFD

There are thousands of missing women throughout the world and many Jane Does waiting to be identified.

It would be a miracle to tie any of them to him

But this one has been on my possible list for a while now
*Sorry it is fairly graphic *
Commonalities:
1992 - timeline fits
Suitcase
Amsterdam
Born roughly in the era of his other known victims
Had her hair bleached recently

The timeshare company Trendwest was rebranded at some point to WorldMark by Trendwest and now has rebranded to Wyndham South Pacific Asia. It’s moved within the Arts Centre area but is still close.

Timeshares are legal but dodgy as anything. Their contracts would please the devil. I wonder if Marion might have met Ric Blum at one of their information meetings; maybe he was a salesman for them? I have a hunch there is a connection to this business.

Also, guess who likes to rebrand themselves frequently? Hope he likes the latest iteration. Would be a bit awkward to change that one now.

Timeshares are legal but dodgy as anything. Their contracts would please the devil. I wonder if Marion might have met Ric Blum at one of their information meetings; maybe he was a salesman for them? I have a hunch there is a connection to this business.
Yep, Thats my thought

In her postcards from the UK Marion writes of feeling relief after renting a car because of her luggage. She also wrote of “shop until you drop” sessions. Her friend who dropped her off at the bus to the airport said Marion had a huge amount of luggage.

Where is all this luggage? Every piece of it has disappeared.

"Cousin Willy quickly gets down to business. He himself is quite successful Down Under, owns a house on Australia's Gold Coast and one in Bali (or so he says). Shouldn't they buy another one together? "Because he knew that I already owned property, he suggested we invest in a house together in Bali," Charlotte's statement to the police later says. They could live there together, dividing their time between Belgium and Bali, and rent it out the rest of the time."

That's pretty much timeshare in a nutshell, no?

TLV book on page 383 states Marion briefly worked at an Anglican School in the UK in 1968. I assume this was in the Stockport (Greater Manchester) area where Johnny was having his short spell with the local football team?

Has the name of the school ever been mentioned?

That's pretty much timeshare in a nutshell, no?
It sure is.
His financial gains hidden in these properties

His "family shares" he collected over the years.

Dianes lies about her family owning a cafe. Perjury.
Nope Diane, try property development and rentals, your parents were right into it.

Her sister is the same. Born and breed into a life of property development.

The way he can scoot from place to place all over the world and be able to have cheap accommodation from student accom to shabby hotels his victims stayed in, to higher end establishments his family stayed in
*cough" maites wedding...

The reason why his Australian kids could grow up playing with the rich & famous, yep because they have wealth.
The deH's wealth is hidden in property under her name.

I think @KiwiNZ was on the trendwest tail and his dealings.

The thing that gets me is WHY have the investigators and NSW police still NOT investigated this family and taken Diane for perjury!

TLV book on page 383 states Marion briefly worked at an Anglican School in the UK in 1968. I assume this was in the Stockport (Greater Manchester) area where Johnny was having his short spell with the local football team?

Has the name of the school ever been mentioned?
Nice to have you back here.

@Lord Peter Flimsy dont get me started on this book of theirs :cool:

Hastily written, words missing, pages and pages of information that is NOT fact, VERY CONTRADICTORY information to what SL has mentioned, mostly taken from his testimony.... so all lies, even mentions Marion had a bank account in the FNMR name. :cool:

Theres never been mention of Marion working in the UK in 1968, in fact she wouldn't have been there long enough to work ! And they were newly married with her playing housewife. But she was working at an Anglican school here.

How would this theory fit with some of what we already know?

KNOWN ~ Marion acquires a new passport under her MB name mid 1996. So she is already thinking of heading OS the following year herself. Long before AH arrives on the scene.

MAYBE ~ She inquires about investing her money should she put her house up for sale and the bank manager suggests a property investment scheme, like Trendwest, whose headquarters is not far from where she lives.
In her initial discussion with one of their salesmen, she is asked to fill out her details and they will get back to her.

KNOWN ~ Mid 1996 she has her purse stolen from the front seat of her car which was parked at her home. The CC was later used at a service station by a woman looking just like Marion at the time.

MAYBE ~ A salesman working at Trendwest and using the name Remakel (known from police tip hotline) removes from his home filing cabinet, the name of next victim and makes a visit to her home to give her advice about investing in Trendwest but sees her purse on the car seat and takes that instead.

KNOWN ~ Feb 1997 MB meets up with AH at the GC Arts centre

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rouark50
Back