Australia Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just going back over the time D Walker mets him and up to the years 1977/ 78 to get some perspective

She says she met him on the Chusan 1971

What was his name when you met him in 1971
D: Willy Wouters
He introduced himself as WW but I called him Ric, I liked it better than Willy.
He was on his own on the ship.

D: He changed his name to deH because it was his true family name and his other family adopted him and then he was called WW. Maria was his aunt and she married Andre Wouters.

Are you sure it's not Abdiel* Florent Wouters
D:YES

Do you know the name Abel, Florent or Albert Wouters
D: NO

D: His mothers name I don't know
His family was in Belgium, he had 2 cousins. I met them when we got married.

D: We married in 1976 - I always called him Ric

Even when you knew him name as WW

D: Yes I always called him Ric - he changed his name over.
When we got married we went to Europe and he worked with his family in Belgium and then he ran the Luxembourg business.

MARRIAGE : February 1976 Wayside Chapel Kings Cross

28 July 1976 they both left Australia for Luxembourg - stating away for 9 months
Inquest: P cards filled out by him - going through immigration he states "there is a bench with pens and I fill out both cards"

1976 -He is arrested in Wiltz Luxembourg using alias R Lauzoney - also has his FdeH PP on him. Sentenced to 1 yr. ( doubt that happened)

From Oct 1976 to May 1977 he goes on a money and goods shopping spree stealing everything he can lay his hands on under the aliases of Lauzoney and Dupont and publicly using the names WILSON and FLEMING

From 1 Sept 1976 and 31 March 1977 France , he was found with a forged die carrying the inscription 'Ye Old Passy, Australia Tamborine Queensland

16 MARCH 1977 - FdeH is back into Australia - leaving from England - Photographer - uses address Towns Road Vaucluse - says he has been absent from Australia for 8 months

22 MARCH 1977 - FdeH departs Australia for Belgium - Photographer - says he will be away 7 months
What was he up to for 5 days - must have been important to him because he was a wanted man at this stage - running from the heat of the law? collecting a new ID from his filing cabinet?

1977 Electoral Roll shows they were living at 1/303 Old South West Road, Bondi. He is listed as an artist and Diane as a secretary.

1977 - MAY - arrested for 3 grams of Lebanese hashish

1977 - MAY - The family furniture company established
1977 - JUNE - FdeH resigns ( syphons the coin out)

March 1978 - Arrested Tournai sentenced to 3 yrs

High tails it back to Australia
13 August 1978 - both he and Diane are back in Australia - 5 / 48 Towns Road Vaucluse - been away 2 years

Can't return to Belgium / France because of his outstanding sentences.

* Diane knows nothing* :rolleyes:
I think it’s fair to say Mishy that you have DdeH’s number!

Was she involved with any Church in Australia considering she was quick to put her two penn’orth in with St Bartholomew’s during her short stay in Burwash?

Also are there any wedding photos in local newspapers of her marriage to Aka in 1976? Was very common to do so at the time. He must have known a few photographers!

Just going back over the time D Walker mets him and up to the years 1977/ 78 to get some perspective

She says she met him on the Chusan 1971

What was his name when you met him in 1971
D: Willy Wouters
He introduced himself as WW but I called him Ric, I liked it better than Willy.
He was on his own on the ship.

D: He changed his name to deH because it was his true family name and his other family adopted him and then he was called WW. Maria was his aunt and she married Andre Wouters.

Are you sure it's not Abdiel* Florent Wouters
D:YES

Do you know the name Abel, Florent or Albert Wouters
D: NO

D: His mothers name I don't know
His family was in Belgium, he had 2 cousins. I met them when we got married.

D: We married in 1976 - I always called him Ric

Even when you knew him name as WW

D: Yes I always called him Ric - he changed his name over.
When we got married we went to Europe and he worked with his family in Belgium and then he ran the Luxembourg business.

MARRIAGE : February 1976 Wayside Chapel Kings Cross

28 July 1976 they both left Australia for Luxembourg - stating away for 9 months
Inquest: P cards filled out by him - going through immigration he states "there is a bench with pens and I fill out both cards"

1976 -He is arrested in Wiltz Luxembourg using alias R Lauzoney - also has his FdeH PP on him. Sentenced to 1 yr. ( doubt that happened)

From Oct 1976 to May 1977 he goes on a money and goods shopping spree stealing everything he can lay his hands on under the aliases of Lauzoney and Dupont and publicly using the names WILSON and FLEMING

From 1 Sept 1976 and 31 March 1977 France , he was found with a forged die carrying the inscription 'Ye Old Passy, Australia Tamborine Queensland

16 MARCH 1977 - FdeH is back into Australia - leaving from England - Photographer - uses address Towns Road Vaucluse - says he has been absent from Australia for 8 months

22 MARCH 1977 - FdeH departs Australia for Belgium - Photographer - says he will be away 7 months
What was he up to for 5 days - must have been important to him because he was a wanted man at this stage - running from the heat of the law? collecting a new ID from his filing cabinet?

1977 Electoral Roll shows they were living at 1/303 Old South West Road, Bondi. He is listed as an artist and Diane as a secretary.

1977 - MAY - arrested for 3 grams of Lebanese hashish

1977 - MAY - The family furniture company established
1977 - JUNE - FdeH resigns ( syphons the coin out)

March 1978 - Arrested Tournai sentenced to 3 yrs

High tails it back to Australia
13 August 1978 - both he and Diane are back in Australia - 5 / 48 Towns Road Vaucluse - been away 2 years

Can't return to Belgium / France because of his outstanding sentences.

* Diane knows nothing* :rolleyes:
It looks like he filled in D’s card in 76, but not in78

It looks like he filled in D’s card in 76, but not in78
I was making a point that he and her said at the inquest he fills out passenger cards.
Whether thats all, some of, etc who knows. But both of them said it.

I wasnt putting these cards up to show that. I was using them to show where they had been and for how long in the context of the post.

I think it’s fair to say Mishy that you have DdeH’s number!

Was she involved with any Church in Australia considering she was quick to put her two penn’orth in with St Bartholomew’s during her short stay in Burwash?

there any wedding photos in local newspapers of her marriage to Aka in 1976? Was very common to do so at the time. He must have known a few photographers!
Searched high and low for wedding photo of them. The wayside chapel had a wedding project some time back that included many photographs over the years. Myself and a couple of other sleuths asked if they could show any photographs from the late 70s but to no avail.

Have never been able to find any photos of Diane in the papers but her sister was all over them.
Interesting family that one.

The church.....IMO I think she was involved with a spiritual congregation in NSW

I was making a point that he and her said at the inquest he fills out passenger cards.
Whether thats all, some of, etc who knows. But both of them said it.

I wasnt putting these cards up to show that. I was using them to show where they had been and for how long in the context of the post.
Yes, I understand that and agree with you. It seems that D has filled in cards as well, and in my opinion knows a whole lot more than said at the inquest.

Searched high and low for wedding photo of them. The wayside chapel had a wedding project some time back that included many photographs over the years. Myself and a couple of other sleuths asked if they could show any photographs from the late 70s but to no avail.

Have never been able to find any photos of Diane in the papers but her sister was all over them.
Interesting family that one.

The church.....IMO I think she was involved with a spiritual congregation in NSW
Well he’s always been a bit camera-shy, hasn’t he?
Best to leave as little evidence as possible when you run that kind of operation.

As with the Brabant Gang killers there appears to be an unwillingness to expose the culprits in Belgium. It beggars belief nobody was found and convicted of those crimes. It does have the feel of an establishment cover up.
Agree. I think that unwillingness is due to their connections they most probably had inside departments of the government and the Gendarmerie itself.

Hello to the deH family!! You should take every opportunity to write a non-fictionalised biography (that could also venture into an intriguing mini-series) about your husband/father/brother-in-law, before secrets go to the grave. What and when you knew of all his past life, your suspicions, involvement or being innocent third parties. Include testimony of known "victims" (AF, GGB, MC, GGD, JO, ER, C?, et al); business in coins, stamps, jewelry, property, etc; the multitude of name changes, passports, etc; the constant house moves and how it affected you; reasons given for both his short and extended overseas travel; hobbies, pastimes, interests, etc. This could be not only lucrative but very cathartic for you all and would bring RB the notoriety he has craved (spy, diplomat, bank manager). Using the term ALLEGEDLY very loosely - to reveal a lifetime of crime, lies, subterfuge, infidelity, cunning and conning.

Love it @Liselle !

They all need to be investigated!
Lived off the money from victims all their lives - their husband and father a liar and a thief. What a proud achievement eh. Not to mention the children just like their father, using alias names and threatening his victims with law suits. What a joke. And he calls himself a Dr. Come on! Their fathers criminal past will haunt them forever.
The victims of this case will always be shouting out to them forever!

NOW is the time for everyone to sign that petition for a Parliamentary Inquiry into Missing Persons Investigations!

Not sure if this is allowed on here but here is the link. PLEASE sign this!!

If they were my mother & father not only would I be utterly ashamed but I would demand they cut the BS and tell me the real truth and the whereabouts of Marion and all the money. Look me in the eye and still try and lie to me.

Of course if they already knew or had suspicions and have substantially benefited including financially from their parents behaviour you can understand their reluctance to publicly disown their parents.

It would be enlightening to hear what they said to NSW Police during their interviews.

RB was your stepfather Andre Wouters born around 1929 by any chance???
Was he also another criminal by any chance??
Or maybe your stepfather was born in 1915 in Belgium and worked for FRANZ WENDT in Germany ??
He owned a CONSTRUCTION COMPANY
HIGH DEEP REINFORCED CONCRETE in LEIPZIG

Ring any bells Blum??

Dr Dave if you will - CHANGED name to mothers maiden name leading up to the Coroners outcome.... and has changed it since to the business name - all on public access
100% convinced he / they watch WS
His online presence seems to be fading away. No photos now whatsoever. LinkedIn record just a name, no photo, no qualifications, no employment details or history. Business website used to have a clear portrait of him even a few months ago after the inquest but even that photo is gone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back