Australia Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #23

When Aka became a bit too old for impressing the ladies and travelling tens of thousands of miles for each sting I’m sure he has considered why don’t I just do it from the comfort of my own home. Whether he has tried or not?
He has to have some sort of system set up for all of these women IMO

There has to be some sort of tangible link to the women and the names he uses in his aliases or their aliases ( if there are found to be more than just Marion who changed her name>)

A while back I posted up the list of women we know of so far and then added a list of missing women that were found by other sleuths over time.

I was looking at that again tonight and so many of them, had a connection to him knowing a friend / member/ members of their families leading up to the sting, so it isn't that he is using complete strangers!

He even used a relative of the family to swindle!

He used a woman whose ex husband he knew well. 2 Women in fact!

He used women he was once married to and still had no problem getting what he wanted - potentially he killed one of them.

He used the last name of a victim as his own.

He used the initials of a man that was a very well known soccer player in Luxembourg and connected to his lover , and had Marion use the same initials to him and she was married to a very well known soccer player in Australia

There has to be a pattern here

Some women he found through their adverts and like wise from his I am sure.

I'm also interested in these missing women as pointed out here over time

1986 - June Doyle
1990 - Trevaline Evans
1999 - Georgette Van Acker
2012 - Jennifer McDonald
2015- Ellen Wilson

When Aka became a bit too old for impressing the ladies and travelling tens of thousands of miles for each sting I’m sure he has considered why don’t I just do it from the comfort of my own home. Whether he has tried or not?
Well he did mention the large number of women on line looking for love when he was on the witness stand at the inquest. How would he know if he hadn’t been trawling the dating sites himself.

There has to be some sort of tangible link to the women and the names he uses in his aliases or their aliases ( if there are found to be more than just Marion who changed her name>)

A while back I posted up the list of women we know of so far and then added a list of missing women that were found by other sleuths over time.

I was looking at that again tonight and so many of them, had a connection to him knowing a friend / member/ members of their families leading up to the sting, so it isn't that he is using complete strangers!

He used women he was once married to and still had no problem getting what he wanted - potentially he killed one of them.

He used the initials of a man that was a very well known soccer player in Luxembourg and connected to his lover , and had Marion use the same initials to him and she was married to a very well known soccer player in Australia

1986 - June Doyle
1990 - Trevaline Evans
2012 - Jennifer McDonald
2015- Ellen Wilson
In 2010 Monika ‘Moni’ Schöller-Gyüre went missing in Kalmthout (not that far from Lille) in Belgium on the 7 March 2010. Interestingly she was a native Hungarian speaker. Has she been discounted as she was mentioned quite a while back? She had a resemblance to Marion.

I believe he mentioned to the coroner something along the lines that there's thousands of women on the internet or some such.

In 2010 Monika ‘Moni’ Schöller-Gyüre went missing in Kalmthout (not that far from Lille) in Belgium on the 7 March 2010. Interestingly she was a native Hungarian speaker. Has she been discounted as she was mentioned quite a while back? She had a resemblance to Marion.
Not discounted :) It was me posting her, i’m glad you remember & mention her! I still think it’s possible. There haven’t been updates in her case.

FYI: it’s close to Lille (Antwerp), but +/-2hours away from the Lille (Rijsel, France), mentioned a lot in AKA’s case.

He did use RSVP apparently. One of the victims was on podcast

Ah yes I meant to include her in my post!
No she is still on the maybe list for sure!

Not discounted :) It was me posting her, i’m glad you remember & mention her! I still think it’s possible. There haven’t been updates in her case.

FYI: it’s close to Lille (Antwerp), but +/-2hours away from the Lille (Rijsel, France), mentioned a lot in AKA’s case.
Yep still on the list. I just forgot to add her this time round. Yep both "Lille" Belgium and France, connected to this monster.
And there's another woman maybe that I forgot to add !

And another pattern I have noticed.

I will redo the list !

Last edited:

1986 - June Doyle
1990 - Trevaline Evans
2012 - Jennifer McDonald
2015- Ellen Wilson
Adding:
1986 - Suzy Lamplugh
2010 - Monika SCHÖLLER-GYÜRE

I am also noticing a pattern with the victims we know of and some who are missing

In each year there is an Australian woman that correlates with a European or UK missing person from the same areas he frequents.

So is there a sting set up here in Aust for victims to travel OS and OS victims to travel to Aust?

A little bit of me wonders if he has used more than one female accomplice (from the Benelux area) whether willingly, by coercion or with menaces to play the roles of other women? Nothing would surprise me in this case.

If he has what do you do with them afterwards when they have served their purpose but know a little too much?

1986 - June Doyle
1990 - Trevaline Evans
2012 - Jennifer McDonald
2015- Ellen Wilson
Adding:
1986 - Suzy Lamplugh
2010 - Monika SCHÖLLER-GYÜRE

I am also noticing a pattern with the victims we know of and some who are missing

In each year there is an Australian woman that correlates with a European or UK missing person from the same areas he frequents.

So is there a sting set up here in Aust for victims to travel OS and OS victims to travel to Aust?
How do you mean Mishy? That there is an Australian woman sighted in the vicinity of the missing woman or has befriended them?

ETA: I think I see. The con has a duplex flow. Are they played off each other?
Yes there does look to be some sort of pattern here with him and the victims we know of so far

Somehow he must keep track of all of these women - I don't believe they are just randomly picked out and then forgotten about. IMO he has records of who he has fleeced. His filing cabinet is a handy tool for this IMO

1. All seem to have known him/ either family / have met him/ been introduced to with family / MB also told SL that a mutual friend introduced them ( whether that is correct who knows) BUT he has no qualms of anyone connected to the victims meeting him.

2. SOCCER - There is a connection to soccer with FR being a well known European player . JW being a well known Aust player. He has an affair with FR wife and caught MB in is net. He uses the initials FNMR for MB for a reason.

3. COINS - He knew the husband of JO who was involved with coins - pretty brazen thing to do given so many people would know him back then in those circles.

4. We know he used the surname of one victim as one of his aliases - how many more??

5. For the victims names we know of so far, (not including those others who have been mentioned on the podcast with no name revealed) - there is a pattern with "possible victims" and "known victims"

Two a year - Red are possible victims

I will include 1994 because there are so many trips taken that year.

1994 - multiple short trips taken to UK & Europe after the ad is placed in Dec 1994 - from March to April and July to September - Victims unknown

1997 - Also including Marion Barter

1999 -Janet Oldenburg
1999 - Georgette Van Acker - last seen Lille Train Station - convinced she was known to AH - too many links to this name through researching family

2005 - Rosemary Zillig
2004 / 2005 ?- * ER mentions AH talked about a Melbourne woman that he had recently robbed & given fake mobile number

2010 - Andree Flamme
2010 - SCHÖLLER-GYÜRE Monika - Kalmthout Antwerp

2012 - CL – family
2012 - Jennifer McDonald - last seen Neutral Bay New South Wales

Book review
Honestly this TLV book is so damaging to this case for SL!
SO many discrepancies.
For the general public who only read what has been published in newspapers and for other possible victims out there, you would think as journalists who have set up a podcast on the whereabouts of Marion Barter and have been in constant contact with SL over all those years, they would at LEAST get the facts laid out by SL correct for their book, that reads like it was hastily put together, and have at least a proof reader! GET a book out fast after the podcast finishes, to keep TLV in the public arena - I see they are now onto 2 other cases and SL is still under contract with 7, so can not at this stage speak out on any other media platform, to even maybe get the facts back on track, no thanks to this book.

A few of these discrepancies that do nothing to help the case:

He was in an orphanage

He stayed with Dianes family when he arrived on the Chusan

He saw Diane at the Hilton swimming pool before the Chusan set sail

He introduced himself as FdeH to Diane on the Chusan

Marion Barter purse was stolen in 1994

There is a bank account in Marions new name FNMR

Marion Barter left Australia with 4 suitcases and 2 carry bags ( might seem trivial but knowing what actual luggage she had to travel with goes a long way in figuring out what she did with it all)

There are others but leaving it here for now. I find it so frustrating that some of the TLV podcast itself goes against the fiction in the book! If I had never heard about this case before and picked up that book, I would believe every single thing written in it. This case has enough manure in it as it is without a book adding more.
It reads like SL & team don't know the facts and the journalists do!
ALL of these "little things" that are inconsistent to what SL has publicly said, paint a very different picture to the timeline of the disappearance of Marion Barter.

I give it a 3 out of 10
Publicity stunt for 7
And I feel really sorry for SL
It must be so frustrating !

Daring to disagree, but the details you mention about the book, though careless and maddening, and totally indicative of hastily poorly written books, do not stop the spread of news about RB and about Marion’s tragedy. That’s the book’s worth. To get a good book, you need passion in a great writer. To get a lead sometimes you just need a title or a book review.

Daring to disagree, but the details you mention about the book, though careless and maddening, and totally indicative of hastily poorly written books, do not stop the spread of news about RB and about Marion’s tragedy. That’s the book’s worth. To get a good book, you need passion in a great writer. To get a lead sometimes you just need a title or a book review.
Yes like all poorly accurate books about missing persons, don't let the facts get in the way of a good money making venture

Yep
IMO this is exactly what he does
First time poster here. In 1997, was it possible for someone to enter Australia with a forged passport? I’m thinking of a forged passport in the name of Florabella Natalia Marion Remakel but with the picture of someone else. The person could have presented it to the bank with other proof of name change or other forged supporting documentation, enabling them to make the withdrawals.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rouark50
Back