Australia Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
His online presence seems to be fading away. No photos now whatsoever. LinkedIn record just a name, no photo, no qualifications, no employment details or history. Business website used to have a clear portrait of him even a few months ago after the inquest but even that photo is gone.
No there is still photo of him in regard to work....following the bouncing ball off website...

Just going back to this about the Real Estate Company = Dianes "cafe"

I have found another piece which really cements all of this for me.

Walmac Constructions Pty Ltd constructed Abattoirs, schools, hospitals etc etc etc

LINK:
Sydney Morning Herald - 1965 - page 25 - Robert Gordon Walker

Sorry I have had to cut it into 3 lots

Attachments

• NOV 1965.jpg
    NOV 1965.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 27
  • NOV 1965..jpg
    NOV 1965..jpg
    77 KB · Views: 27
  • NOV 1965...jpg
    NOV 1965...jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
I've also noted that the Liquidators name, (who is obviously a legit person), in the 1977 Kimberley Developments Company winding up notice is HUNTER .

I also note AH holds onto various surnames for sometimes a decade or more before he uses them to his advantage

Washes his money and washes the names of legit people - a full service laundering he has!

Attachments

• Liquidator L B Hunter.jpg
    Liquidator L B Hunter.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 14
Wonder what Aka’s profile would be? My interests include coins, antiques, lots of cash, travel, vulnerable single women, tall stories, impersonations, Amsterdam, adultery, bigamy, poisons, suitcases, tea chests, sofas, fax machines, Bali, liver tests, plagiarism, writing ads etc, Government form filling, ‘orses, gambling, sailing, safe deposit boxes, photography. Please feel free to add any.

Wonder what Aka’s profile would be? My interests include coins, antiques, lots of cash, travel, vulnerable single women, tall stories, impersonations, Amsterdam, adultery, bigamy, poisons, suitcases, tea chests, sofas, fax machines, Bali, liver tests, plagiarism, writing ads etc, Government form filling, ‘orses, gambling, sailing, safe deposit boxes, photography. Please feel free to add any.
Love it @Lord Peter Flimsy

I'd include murder in mine

Aside from him using a variety of names, I was looking at the rest of the family and their various names. And Dianes sister family who knew all about bankruptcies because generationally her husband and family were known for it. And they were builders and property owners. Is this how the Walkers got into property development?

Diane using DianNe, Anne, Annie.
Her father only ever used his middle name of Gordon, not his Christian name. aside from official documents.
The daughter uses only her Christian and middle name as last name, even before case became well known.
The son uses Christian and middle name and also mothers maiden name.

Dianes father, an astute business man who knew how real estate development worked. Background in the meat industry.
And along comes AH. He catches a perfect bride, whose family have wealth and sets up his safe haven here in Australia, the land of golden opportunity for criminals just like him.
But DdeH knows nothing right?

Just going back to this about the Real Estate Company = Dianes "cafe"

I have found another piece which really cements all of this for me.

Walmac Constructions Pty Ltd constructed Abattoirs, schools, hospitals etc etc etc

LINK:
Sydney Morning Herald - 1965 - page 25 - Robert Gordon Walker

Sorry I have had to cut it into 3 lots
Sorry, I'm a bit lost here. I read it as Robert Gordon Walker has been declared a policy holder with AMP Insurance whose policy #HO145333 has either been lost or destroyed and will be issued with a special replacement policy. Does this somehow correlate with former statement re the demise of Walmac Constructions and its creditors?

I would think the time she spent waiting out her future husband’s sentence in a European prison would give her pause for contemplating their life together.
@Ooohm Yes exactly, and she and her "well to do" family never knew of his imprisonment otherwise I doubt they would have ever welcomed him into their family! IMO, he made up some fantastical story to her of how he had to return to Europe to "sell off his multitude of assets" (amazing properties, businesses, family heirlooms, shares, etc.) before he could return to Australia and marry her in the "prestigious" Wayside Chapel. His mailing address would have been a P.O. Box or an accomplices' address - "I'll be moving quite a bit around the different places so just use this address"! I don't think she ever knew of all his indiscretions nor that he had been incarcerated as he was still trying to downplay these facts at the inquest!

Sorry, I'm a bit lost here. I read it as Robert Gordon Walker has been declared a policy holder with AMP Insurance whose policy #HO145333 has either been lost or destroyed and will be issued with a special replacement policy. Does this somehow correlate with former statement re the demise of Walmac Constructions and its creditors?
I read it as a whole with the Construction company and the Insurer of creditors. But maybe it is 2 separate notices within the column.

I would think the time she spent waiting out her future husband’s sentence in a European prison would give her pause for contemplating their life together.
Yes. It is interesting this part of both their testimony.

We know both of them lied on various things.

I keep going over this story of them falling for each other on the ship and her writing to him for years. The more I look at his past and the length of time he pounces on women and opportunity, the more I am convinced that the story she told was another complete and utter bs story. Just like her parents having a cafe that he worked in. It is ludicrous to even think he worked in a cafe! Or that her parents made enough money to own such properties and to be able to take a year off to travel - Let alone ALL the other trips the family did prior.

Looking back to a post I did earlier:

This is my theory on how they actually met>

I don't believe either of them.
Too many lies DdeH told under oath.

At this stage for me, it's guilty until proven innocent.

I am NOT convinced they started their love bombing after their worlds collided on the Chusan back in 10 March 1971.

He had been living in Lille France with IK and the baby prior and then jumps aboard the Chusan in Southampton UK and sets sail for the land of Golden Opportunity for criminals. Probably free passage using his "credentials" as a photographer.

The Q here is, WHY was he jumping aboard a ship in the UK bound for Aust so soon after leaving The Land of Opportunity for Criminals in 1970?

We've been round and round the mulberry bush on how she could have written to her WW - "I met him as WW on the ship but called him Ric" -

NO Diane you met him as Fredy David and told the court he was WW, because he came into Australia under the false passport of Fredy David.

"I called him Ric because Freddy is a frog in Aust".

AC - "HAVE YOU EVER HEARD HIM USING THE NAME FREDY DAVID"

DdeH - Pause, "NO"

She was 19 yrs old and he was 31.

He stays about 8 weeks - the address he states he is staying is owned by the Penny family and just prior to them, it was the address for Bernard Le Boursicot.

It was in 1968, the year before AH comes in with IK, when an advert in the Le Courierr Aust is placed looking for "Directors of French Firms to partner with the Journal to help compatriots in need " and for any Import/Export firm to contact BLeB.

BLeB is honoured by the French government for services to the Australian-French business community. Besides his vast properties and businesses, namely in the meat industry, 1970 – Salesman Import / Export for Andrews Meat Industries - 10 Oxford Street Paddington.

Andrews Meat Ind. is granted a license to export meat, joining a host of others including Andersons Meats where Robert Gordon Walker has a position with his Uncle.

Bernard Le Boursicot co-owner of Le Courrier Australien.

AC: "Gaeton Le Boursicot mean anything to you "?

DdeH - " No"

He leaves Australia 12 May 1971

After his return from Aust 1971, IK and AH had again been living together in Lille France.

By JUNE 1971 he is arrested in France and he is off to prison in December for 3 or 4 years.

She says under oath, she writes him letters so the Q is , to who and to where - a relative of his?? Doubt that very much.

A friend of his? Doubt that very much.

IF she was writing letters addressed to Fredy David - as she knew him - then that wouldn't work because that was his 'step brothers' name.

And WHY? Why would she say she was writing to him for years after meeting on the Chusan??

DdeH: "His family was in Belgium – I met them when I got married. His mothers name I don't know - he said he had the mother's name of Coppenolle"

I keep going over and over this theory. Her testimony, his testimony.

Both of them had very similar stories of the past.

He had the full BOE to peruse over prior to the inquest.

He manipulates people, that is his jam.

Tall Tales when they hooked up because of WHY???

How did they meet?

On the Chusan, most definitely a connection to it, the daughter is even named after it.

Was there a romance while spending those months on the ship while he is taking photographs of passengers, along with taking down all their details after said photographs? Doubt it.

I do believe he got free passage on the ship though posing as its photographer.
The ship itself is connected to a person named Goossens which I believe AH knew.

Did AH meet RGW and strike up a friendship with a prospect of work down the track?

Totally 100% possible.

She is traveling with her astute property development wealthy father and mother.

He states he saw his future bride with her family in the pool at the Hilton before boarding the ship.
BUT there was no Hilton built in Southampton in 1971.

I have a theory that Diane Walker and WW made up a tall tale for the inquest about meeting on the Chusan and her waiting 3 to 4 yrs to marry him, writing to him ( where/ addressed to who ) all the while working with her parents at their real estate development company.

The father a Director, the mother a Secretary, she a secretary and Stenographer.

Never heard of any cafe needing those sorts of credentials. Father entrenched in the Meat / Real Estate Industry and family owning prime real estate, one home across the road from Vaucluse House.

If this is the case WHY did she lie about the letter writing for all those years? The same reason she lied about him working in her parents "cafe".

To hide the fact that her very wealthy parents lost everything and ended up in a unit just prior to their deaths. IMO because he duped them out of every cent they had.

I believe they actually met much later when he returns to Australia in 1974 under B Dupont.

The same year he set up his Willy Coppenolle business - Retail trade in meat and meat products

Then he closes down 1st August 1997 - ( the same date Marion calls SL)

I believe he knew RGW from the Chusan trip and reached out to him in 1974 for a job in his Real Estate Development business and when DdeH testified that HE stayed with her from 1974 until 1976 when they married, I think that was the truth for the most part.

And it was then that he really sunk his claws into the Walker household.

Ching Ching! Money and an Australian bride, what more could a crook ask for!

In any case, there is no doubt at all that she can be done for perjury.

And while they are at it, they need to look into her parents deaths and ask Qs to the people on the death certs.

Rueben Goossens
An Australia-based maritime historian and Cruise Ship owner in the 1970's.
Commenced in the Passenger Shipping & Cruise Industry in 1960.

The Chusan
She was transferred to the P&O Passenger Division in 1971, and from December of that year to January 1972, she operated on P&O's first cruises starting from South Africa
Her final commercial voyage ended on 26 March 1973, when she arrived in Southampton.

Rueben Goossens
Jewish
His associate Shmuel Elisha

I keep going over this story of them falling for each other on the ship and her writing to him for years. The more I look at his past and the length of time he pounces on women and opportunity, the more I am convinced that the story she told was another complete and utter bs story. Just like her parents having a cafe that he worked in. It is ludicrous to even think he worked in a cafe! Or that her parents made enough money to own such properties and to be able to take a year off to travel - Let alone ALL the other trips the family did prior.

I am NOT convinced they started their love bombing after their worlds collided on the Chusan back in 10 March 1971.

He had been living in Lille France with IK and the baby prior and then jumps aboard the Chusan in Southampton UK and sets sail for the land of Golden Opportunity for criminals. Probably free passage using his "credentials" as a photographer.

The Q here is, WHY was he jumping aboard a ship in the UK bound for Aust so soon after leaving The Land of Opportunity for Criminals in 1970?

We've been round and round the mulberry bush on how she could have written to her WW - "I met him as WW on the ship but called him Ric" -

NO Diane you met him as Fredy David and told the court he was WW, because he came into Australia under the false passport of Fredy David.

DdeH - Pause, "NO"

He stays about 8 weeks - the address he states he is staying is owned by the Penny family and just prior to them, it was the address for Bernard Le Boursicot.

It was in 1968, the year before AH comes in with IK, when an advert in the Le Courierr Aust is placed looking for "Directors of French Firms to partner with the Journal to help compatriots in need " and for any Import/Export firm to contact BLeB.

BLeB is honoured by the French government for services to the Australian-French business community. Besides his vast properties and businesses, namely in the meat industry, 1970 – Salesman Import / Export for Andrews Meat Industries - 10 Oxford Street Paddington.

Andrews Meat Ind. is granted a license to export meat, joining a host of others including Andersons Meats where Robert Gordon Walker has a position with his Uncle.

DdeH - " No"

After his return from Aust 1971, IK and AH had again been living together in Lille France.

By JUNE 1971 he is arrested in France and he is off to prison in December for 3 or 4 years.

She says under oath, she writes him letters so the Q is , to who and to where - a relative of his?? Doubt that very much.

IF she was writing letters addressed to Fredy David - as she knew him - then that wouldn't work because that was his 'step brothers' name.

And WHY? Why would she say she was writing to him for years after meeting on the Chusan??

DdeH: "His family was in Belgium – I met them when I got married. His mothers name I don't know - he said he had the mother's name of Coppenolle"

How did they meet?

On the Chusan, most definitely a connection to it, the daughter is even named after it.

Was there a romance while spending those months on the ship while he is taking photographs of passengers, along with taking down all their details after said photographs? Doubt it.

The ship itself is connected to a person named Goossens which I believe AH knew.

Did AH meet RGW and strike up a friendship with a prospect of work down the track?

Totally 100% possible.

She is traveling with her astute property development wealthy father and mother.

He states he saw his future bride with her family in the pool at the Hilton before boarding the ship.

I have a theory that Diane Walker and WW made up a tall tale for the inquest about meeting on the Chusan and her waiting 3 to 4 yrs to marry him, writing to him ( where/ addressed to who ) all the while working with her parents at their real estate development company.

The father a Director, the mother a Secretary, she a secretary and Stenographer.

Never heard of any cafe needing those sorts of credentials. Father entrenched in the Meat / Real Estate Industry and family owning prime real estate, one home across the road from Vaucluse House.

If this is the case WHY did she lie about the letter writing for all those years? The same reason she lied about him working in her parents "cafe".

To hide the fact that her very wealthy parents lost everything and ended up in a unit just prior to their deaths. IMO because he duped them out of every cent they had.

I believe they actually met much later when he returns to Australia in 1974 under B Dupont.

The same year he set up his Willy Coppenolle business - Retail trade in meat and meat products

I believe he knew RGW from the Chusan trip and reached out to him in 1974 for a job in his Real Estate Development business and when DdeH testified that HE stayed with her from 1974 until 1976 when they married, I think that was the truth for the most part.

And while they are at it, they need to look into her parents deaths and ask Qs to the people on the death certs.
Brilliantly put together Mishy. He will more than likely pop his clogs before justice is done but DdeH is a lot younger and the long but painfully slow arm of the law might just catch up with her one day.

DdeH - Pause, "NO"

DdeH - " No"

How did they meet?

Totally 100% possible.

Agree 100%, that theory is very plausible.

Although I still wonder why the daughter has been named after that particular ship. Do we have any evidence like passenger cards for DdH to prove she was on that ship on the same voyage as him?

As to scamming her family, no doubt on that one. Everything he did had an ulterior motive. There’s no way he would have married her without some benefit. He had already been married 3 times before he met her and had 3/4? children. Also, unlikely her parents would have had any interest in running a small cafe with the kind of wealth they had, unless of course it was a front for some other criminal activity.

Her parents’ deaths are highly suspicious. Agree, that her sister needs to be questioned, as she would be one of the few that would have the least to lose , having witnessed her inheritance being scammed away from her parents.

Agree 100%, that theory is very plausible.

Although I still wonder why the daughter has been named after that particular ship. Do we have any evidence like passenger cards for DdH to prove she was on that ship on the same voyage as him?

As to scamming her family, no doubt on that one. Everything he did had an ulterior motive. There’s no way he would have married her without some benefit. He had already been married 3 times before he met her and had 3/4? children. Also, unlikely her parents would have had any interest in running a small cafe with the kind of wealth they had, unless of course it was a front for some other criminal activity.

Her parents’ deaths are highly suspicious. Agree, that her sister needs to be questioned, as she would be one of the few that would have the least to lose , having witnessed her inheritance being scammed away from her parents.

I think the sister needs to be asked if it was her that filled out the death cert, because I doubt it was,
I also believe that the Walkers were already OS when she turns 21 and gets married the same year in Aust. I also believe there may have been some family argy bargy going on within the dynamics of the family in regard to the sister and her new husband who's relatives are all from Europe also. She married into her own wealth and shady dealings.

Attachments

• 3 Robert gordon walker Chusan 1971.jpeg
    3 Robert gordon walker Chusan 1971.jpeg
    148 KB · Views: 30
  • 2 PEGGY WALKER Chusan 1971.jpeg
    2 PEGGY WALKER Chusan 1971.jpeg
    146.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 1.Diane Walker Chusan 1971 incoming passenger card.jpeg
    1.Diane Walker Chusan 1971 incoming passenger card.jpeg
    144.9 KB · Views: 32

Members online

Online statistics