Found Alive Australia - Mark, 51, & Jacoba Tromp, 53, Jenolan Caves, NSW, 30 Aug 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe the son drove to Jenolan. I don't believe one bit a completely normal family with no history of mental illness can go bonkers like this. Btw Cops only test for the standard Meth, Canabis, Benzo's, Cocaine and Opioids when doing drug screens. It's all too weird. Very incestul looking family, Maybe an elaborately planned hoax to con $$ out of the media. Who really knows. My bet drug induced psychosis

Could there have been an extraterrestrial encounter perhaps (as strange as it may sound to some)?

Not sure if this link has been posted from stuff.co.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/australia/83956490/tromps-trump-trump-in-terms-of-intrigue
A gentle handed journalist giving a more realistic view .... Just for a change!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks perkie. From your link:

'And perhaps we needed to be reminded of something else, too – while we were so engrossed in looking for clues in that house of mirrors we failed to notice that what was reflected back at us wasn't a modern-day gothic story, but rather just another version of our own lives. In other words, it's not the extraordinary 1500-kilometre journey that kept us spellbound, but a single, straightforward, human call for help.

Mitchell alluded to as much shortly after his father was found. "I can see everyone's questions," he said as if reading from an autocue. "I can see why they want to know, but it's a family matter."

And, in that one small, resolute moment, we had all we needed to know, after all.'

http://i.stuff.co.nz/world/australia/83956490/tromps-trump-trump-in-terms-of-intrigue

Yes I agree with you Bo. Well said.
My perception of the case. One must always remember to know the mushrooms that you are about to eat. It has been perfect conditions for the old magi's this year around the yarra valley.

It's almost like they were still paranoid when they were making there way home. Sort of like they split up....

Mitch seems to be the most level-headed one in the family. When he got out of the car, I suspect he assumed that his sisters would remain with the parents. I think he really does know what is going on but is too afraid of his father to speak.

I agree. I think he knows a lot more he is not telling. When Ella and Mitchell were giving the press conference after their dad had been found I noticed Ella kept glancing over at him with a look of fear in her eyes. She seemed terrified that he was going to say the wrong thing or reveal something he is not supposed to tell the media. JMO.

Just came across this story on my fb newsfeed. Anything for attention I suppose, good or bad. smh Reminds me of Balloon Boy years ago. Remember that one? LOL

Oh I haven't forgotten the wife andyroo! I don't think she would be in the state she is currently in if she wasn't terrified of him.

What I'm not getting is that the wife and one of the daughters are still in hospital, albeit in NSW but the other two aren't rushing to their bedside. An aunt is apparently with the mother. Yes, they have a berry business to run (berries are not in season yet) and they also took off on a Monday not giving a hoot about the business.

That is a really good point about none of the immediate family going to be with either Jacoba or Riana in hospital. Ella and Mitchell appear to have prioritised their father. And maybe because they are so controlled by him. Maybe he's already calling the shots again.

"Good parents want to teach their children to be good citizens, have good manners, and to treat others with respect. However, sometimes parents desire something more from their children; they want their children to continue a family business, be part of their religious organization, or to be “just like us.” Parental influence is easier when communities are isolated. When shared family beliefs are pervasive and impede the individuation of thoughts, feelings, and behaviors, these families are considered enmeshed and undifferentiated. Enmeshed families are more susceptible to indoctrination. Indoctrination is easier when there is a high level of emotional involvement, meaning that children are kept close, and differentiation and individuation are discouraged."

BBM. Very interesting article: http://www.clinicalpsychiatrynews.c...sorders/0df19034853cd699b06c4546fac4134c.html

:goodpost:

I have a feeling those kids are terrified of their father and have been for quite a while.

I totally agree with this, and the wife is just as terrified. I think the above post by LHouston says a lot, but the problems are that the father is a controlling tyrant.
I have a theory, and it is only my opinion and I might be wrong. If this is not allowed mods, just remove it.
That if the wife announced divorce.
The children (or some of them) might have assured her they would support and protect her if she told him.
All of this might have been his reaction to loss of control when she told him.
Just my opinion.

I'm thinking it is a classic case of control gone haywire.
Family walking on eggshells, maintaining the status quo.

Dad has a paranoid psychotic episode and convinces the family to leave with him.
As they don't know how to operate or conduct themselves outside their enforced restrictive boundaries, they comply.

The dramatic sequence of events may have triggered a sudden unravelling of family members who have been brought up in an insular, controlled household.
Stealing a vehicle because you need to feed your horse, looking forward to a family dinner when your mum and sister are still in a mental facility...

I'm thinking the apology presser was not initiated or written by the dad, more like his brother. Pro forma.

I'm thinking it is a classic case of control gone haywire.
Family walking on eggshells, maintaining the status quo.

Dad has a paranoid psychotic episode and convinces the family to leave with him.
As they don't know how to operate or conduct themselves outside their enforced restrictive boundaries, they comply.

The dramatic sequence of events may have triggered a sudden unravelling of family members who have been brought up in an insular, controlled household.
Stealing a vehicle because you need to feed your horse, looking forward to a family dinner when your mum and sister are still in a mental facility...

I'm thinking the apology presser was not initiated or written by the dad, more like his brother. Pro forma.

Yep - they are "adults" but in likely truth the four of them are dependent like children, vulnerable to his mental state and actions.

That statement even said at the top that it can be "attributed" to - that's basically saying someone wrote it for him.

Hope they let us know when Mum and big sister are recovered.

I'm not convinced Dad was the instigator..
Mum and sister are still in hospital, Dad was never taken in..
Maybe Dad was / is the "victim"
His family fell apart for whatever reason, and he ceased the moment to make a run for it..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very interesting that mom and daughter are still in-patient.

I know we have no way of knowing, but if the family hasn't visited them yet, that is very very strange!

Sent from my 0PM92 using Tapatalk

Could there have been an extraterrestrial encounter perhaps (as strange as it may sound to some)?
I find this possibility LESS strange than the apparent "mass psychosis" theory being put out. Jmo.[emoji4]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I agree with the diagnosis of enmeshed family, I've seen it in action, and people will deny reality rather than deny their family members perceptions.

It's sadly frequent, at least in the US, for a man to go ballistic and kill his whole family and then himself, and yet the family members don't recognize the danger signs and get away. So for a father to go ballistic in a, fortunately, less violent way, and drag his close knit, dependent, family along with him seems very probable to me. But there could be other scenarios and perhaps we'll never know and just be grateful no one died.

I agree. I think he knows a lot more he is not telling. When Ella and Mitchell were giving the press conference after their dad had been found I noticed Ella kept glancing over at him with a look of fear in her eyes. She seemed terrified that he was going to say the wrong thing or reveal something he is not supposed to tell the media. JMO.

I agree and Mitch said he only went with them as he wanted to know where they were going.

I found it quite poignant when the father 'flipped the bird' to media, usually intended as a gesture of contempt. This certainly eludes to an arrogant, self righteous type of personality. Not an action you would expect to witness after what his family had gone through...or unless he felt he had the right to put them through that. As for his wife and daughter, something or someone had scared the bejeesus out of them. Dads not rushing to their side so I'm tipping he's not allowed near them??? The other daughter and son seem to be blanketing the whole truth to protect them all. Bizarre!

I agree with the diagnosis of enmeshed family, I've seen it in action, and people will deny reality rather than deny their family members perceptions.

It's sadly frequent, at least in the US, for a man to go ballistic and kill his whole family and then himself, and yet the family members don't recognize the danger signs and get away. So for a father to go ballistic in a, fortunately, less violent way, and drag his close knit, dependent, family along with him seems very probable to me. But there could be other scenarios and perhaps we'll never know and just be grateful no one died.

bbm

This, and then you can have the 'golden child(ren)' and the scapegoat(s). From way on the outside where I'm standing, this does looks at least similar to that, where Riana was likely dad's scapegoat, and Ella and Mitch the 'golden children'. In these situations mom is likely to be the one to try and hold everything together and smooth things over and try and keep the image of a tight knit family when in reality the relations have tipped over to the unhealthy side.
It would take up too much space but google enmeshed families and golden child/scapegoat, it will bring up lots of info.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back