Found Alive Australia - Mark, 51, & Jacoba Tromp, 53, Jenolan Caves, NSW, 30 Aug 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If someone showed me any of the pictures from their FB before the trip, or their media appearances afterwards, without knowing the context I would guess they are boyfriend and girlfriend. Head to head, entwined fingers, full body hugs - not saying this is wrong per se, but it is unusual and I would say most people who are affectionate with their grown siblings are so in subtly less intimate ways.

Totally agree Ozazure.

What makes an affluent family go bonkers like this?

A beautiful home on producing acres, several investment properties and no one has been diagnosed before this?

Could they have eaten a bad batch of mushrooms?
Can something like mushrooms have an effect like this? Apparently yes?

Magic mushrooms can make you feel nauseated, tired and disorientated. One can also have a 'bad trip' which is a frightening experience during which the user will experience severe anxiety or paranoia

http://preventionhub.org/en/training/drugs/magic-mushrooms

Yes, my initial thought was mushrooms, given their location.

I just thought it was odd that the effects seemed to last for much longer than usual.
Unless of course they took a stash with them on the road trip, or they all had undiagnosed MH issues, and the initial amount they took was enough to induce a psychotic episode in all of them?

The police insisted drugs weren't involved very early on in the investigation...does anyone know it this was actually confirmed by toxicology reports, or just from what the Tromps told the police?

If someone showed me any of the pictures from their FB before the trip, or their media appearances afterwards, without knowing the context I would guess they are boyfriend and girlfriend. Head to head, entwined fingers, full body hugs - not saying this is wrong per se, but it is unusual and I would say most people who are affectionate with their grown siblings are so in subtly less intimate ways.

Agreed.. There was a degree of intimacy that made me uncomfortable..

In saying that, my youngest brother and I are very close.. We occasionally hug, take pics together, and generally muck around.. Nothing to the degree these pics portray however..

Now, not saying this has any thing to do with the Tromp family at all..
But my younger brother is homosexual, he has a real feminine side and can be over the top with all things including affection.. Where as my older (straight) brothers would find hugging etc awkward..

For me, this is the only scenario that I can possibly think of, that has that level of intimacy sit rightish with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm obviously not ozazure, but I thought it was a little odd the way that Mitch and Ella were constantly holding hands, or hugging each other, when in front of the media.
I was afraid to mention it, as they would need each other's support during this stressful time. But I haven't seen a brother and sister act quite like that, physically, in media interviews before.
Combined with their responses, something about it all made me get a Stepford Wives vibe, if that makes sense.

I wonder if that is what ozazure noticed too.

MOST teenage brothers & sisters will stand more than 3' away from each other. Like eeew. Especially knowing the school friends or work colleagues will be seeing the news video.

Just a bit different 💩👫💲

I can't see who notified the police and gained entry into their house to see that their 'things had been left behind.

If paranoia reined who did they tell they were going towards Jenolan Caves? They must have trusted someone to contact the media.

How did LE know where they were heading?

I can't see who notified the police and gained entry into their house to see that their 'things had been left behind.

If paranoia reined who did they tell they were going towards Jenolan Caves? They must have trusted someone to contact the media.

How did LE know where they were heading?

Yep, I smell fish frying.

Agreed.. There was a degree of intimacy that made me uncomfortable..

In saying that, my youngest brother and I are very close.. We occasionally hug, take pics together, and generally muck around.. Nothing to the degree these pics portray however..

Now, not saying this has any thing to do with the Tromp family at all..
But my younger brother is homosexual, he has a real feminine side and can be over the top with all things including affection.. Where as my older (straight) brothers would find hugging etc awkward..

For me, this is the only scenario that I can possibly think of, that has that level of intimacy sit rightish with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I also found disturbing was the constant gazing into each other's eyes. The sister looking up at the brother waiting for him to answer a question put to her. And the little smirks from both of them. This combined with the physicality of both when being interviewed made me squirm in my seat. It all just seemed so off.

Hey Makara, wanna go do a Thelma & Louise with me? It should be worth our while.

I'll cook the mushrooms and you call 60Minutes.

:floorlaugh:

I bags being Louise. :floorlaugh: Nah, that's silly. They both ended up dead!

I remember one of the comments on Ellas facebook before it went mostly private, it was the comments on the photo of her and her father, and it seemed to be a friend of the fathers asking how he was going etc, and mentioned how young he looked, I think Ellas response was long the lines of "he certainly doesn't act his age ;)"

Make of that what you will.

As to the family holding hands, well I think they were just nervous, tired, exhausted, etc.. I wouldn't look too deeply into it. I've seen families that are intimate like this, weird maybe but not THAT unusual, especially given the circumstances. It's pretty clear to me at least that what they were being so coy about was probably the fact Ella stole a freaking car..!

I was so sure it was the father that was having the delusions etc but now that theory seems kinda bust.. I mean he's free to go no issues.. really? Meanwhile the mother and sister are scheduled..?

I thought I had this all figured out but it just continues to make you go... WHAT THE?

Yes the gazes ... and the duper's delight smirking. That said, doesn't sound like Mum and big sis are faring too well.

:floorlaugh:

I bags being Louise. :floorlaugh: Nah, that's silly. They both ended up dead!

I do remember a very young Brad Pitt. ��

Anyways, back to Tromping around Australia with a bag of mushies.

:banghead:
ugh
this is all very strange
can't deny it's going to be ~interesting to watch it play out though ... I won't be giving any ratings to 60 Minutes or ACA or the like though

As soon as I heard they wouldn't be speaking with the media I thought BINGO!

Many will watch because it's soo far fetched people want some answers.

Why Janolan Caves??
Silly question...I'll have to watch 60Minutes.

I have a feeling those kids are terrified of their father and have been for quite a while.

Don't forget the wife either.

Oh I haven't forgotten the wife andyroo! I don't think she would be in the state she is currently in if she wasn't terrified of him.

What I'm not getting is that the wife and one of the daughters are still in hospital, albeit in NSW but the other two aren't rushing to their bedside. An aunt is apparently with the mother. Yes, they have a berry business to run (berries are not in season yet) and they also took off on a Monday not giving a hoot about the business.

Don't forget the wife either.

Oh I haven't forgotten the wife andyroo! I don't think she would be in the state she is currently in if she wasn't terrified of him.

What I'm not getting is that the wife and one of the daughters are still in hospital, albeit in NSW but the other two aren't rushing to their bedside. An aunt is apparently with the mother. Yes, they have a berry business to run (berries are not in season yet) and they also took off on a Monday not giving a hoot about the business.

So possibly the authorities are helping the wife and daughter with DV. No laughing matter that.
Terrible situation if this is the case, would 60 Minutes delve into that side? ACA had a full segment on DV a few nights ago.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back