Australia - Martin Place siege: 2 Hostages killed in Lindt Chocolate shop #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's true and thanks to you and Ausgirl for bringing reason to this issue. A bit of research shows how many Muslim leaders and everyday Muslims (MILLIONS) denounce and march and protest horrors like this. But that does not get widely reported. This stuff does and even though I personally know several Muslims who are simply normal, cool people, it has been very hard for me not to become prejudiced. IMO, when immigrants march against the countries they inhabit and scream death to the police or whatever, and, perhaps due to my prejudice, even just populations who wear the Niqab, are total extremists and I worry terribly about them being in and allowed to remain in western nations they seem to hate and/or not respect.

I admit that I have become biased.

I know this is going OT. But I've personally only encountered extremism in the form of white nationalist types - swastikas, neo-nazi ranting, the whole bit. Only had that displeasure on a few occasions thankfully. They also hate their government. Same story, different details. They're just disgruntled, semi delusional, people with an axe to grind because the world hasn't treated them properly. Wearing the niqab or burqa doesn't fall into that group for me. Not all skinheads are extremists either, lol.

sky now reporting that perp has requested to speak with PM. I did my Lunesta and shall be in dream land shortly - good night to you all

Tony Abbot blah'ing, saying nothing of import. From his cosy chair in Canberra.

he really has not hid his face so it seems he might kill himself at the conclsuion of whatever.................

Been trying not to think about this... I agree, it's not a good sign. but he hasn't killed anyone yet, so remaining very hopeful

Channel7 has clear visual from their 4th floor down into the shop and of the gunman - appears gunman rotating hostages at windows. Hostages clearly stressed.

They saw the fury when the gunman realised hostages had escaped.

One of the escapee's is a Barrister who has offices upstairs. Ch7

One of the women that escaped is pregnant - think she is the one that has been taken to hospital.

From Channel 7 :

Hostages using their SM accounts to relay demands of the hostage taker which were described as "modest"

First demand: An ISIS flag (Hmmm why would he want one of these?). He will release one hostage if this demand is met

Second demand: He wants to talk with Prime Minister on broadcast TV. He will release 5 hostages if this demand is met.

The expert on Ch 7 declined to get into specifics of the third demand

Is there a link to watch it?

Here is a pic of him ...

sydney_man_AP.jpg

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-20-people-are-held-by-armed-man-9924641.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roiana