Australia - Martin Place siege: 2 Hostages killed in Lindt Chocolate shop #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy carp, helicopters everywhere here in Melb's north.... wish they'd piss off, making me scared. :(

And hey hats off to LE over there! Here,by now, they would have blown up the block -- hats off!

you know what tho if you look at first three getting out - they were followed by a LE guy, so maybe LE is getting em out?

All 5 that escaped have come out of 3 separate doors, 1 lone terrorist can't cover all exits.

Muslim girl at scene denounces the hostage taker, "We are really ashamed" (speaking for her family)

"(People) are looking at me in some weird way, it's really terrible" (she's wearing hijab)

:(

what is the most popular news outlet out of the local ones

A cafe employee being interviewed, she says "We're just a coffee shop. It's the kind of place where we see a regular coming down the street (through the glass windows) and we already have their coffee made when they walk in the door."

[video]https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/72C0F882401156158544308277248_316979da20c.1.3.1456 6820108040535888.mp4?versionId=ftgeUTIWbWmZZHS.umH M5oZHbGZiNXgy[/video]

Video of women escaping

how far away are you from actual site?

I'm in Melbourne. But at the heart of the Muslim community here, close to several good targets. The copters make me afraid there's a second situation planned.... just me being scared of the noise, as I listen to the live stream.

I'm in Melbourne. But at the heart of the Muslim community here, close to several good targets. The copters make me afraid there's a second situation planned.... just me being scared of the noise, as I listen to the live stream.

I hope all remains well for you

South east or Northern suburbs?

ABC live stream: "The PM is remaining in Canberra tonight" -- big surprise there..

Talk of Martin Place & Opera House being referenced back in September as sites for attack.

Appeal for commentary to make it clear this group/person does not represent all Aussie Muslims. Seek it out every opportunity to put it in context.

Question re "copycat" crimes... "a very real possibility"... for 'lone wolf' attacks, 'cascading series'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrissymarie