Australia - Martin Place siege: 2 Hostages killed in Lindt Chocolate shop #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad and scary as it is .... I think threats against the hostages are to be expected unfortunately. They would not be hostages if they weren't threatened with death or something equally as bad.

just saw a picture on twitter of onlookers taking selfies
ugh

I feel so much for them, in the dark with a mad man with a gun.......don't know what I would do. I'd really lie to know if it's just the one gun man :-(

This is stupid. I feel like catching a train to the city and getting them out my bloody self

ABC live feed:

reporter: did you turn the lights off?
police: not at liberty to say, will give out news when it's appropriate

condition of hostages: none injured

can freed hostages go home: they'll be working with us...

police: n terms of numbers, who they might be we're not at liberty to say

The cops are stressing that they're being very tight-lipped for the sake of the hostages' safety... mention of "days" if that what it takes...

"days"!! Gods, I hope not..

The Martin Place twitter feed

I think I saw that? I'm so useless with Twitter though. I saw one that was a screen shot
From FB, can't be sure it was legit though!
Scary about the 2 brothers and the
Dude
That saw 3 men this morning!

At least one hostage appears to have posted on Facebook about Monday’s siege and some of the gunman’s demands.

The post has since been taken down.

Scores of police officers are monitoring social media channels for posts like these that help shape how they handle the tense stand-off.

“We are monitoring what is happening (on Twitter and Facebook) and that is forming a part of our tactical response in how to handle this,” NSW Deputy Commissioner Catherine Burn said.

http://www.news.com.au/national/a-m...artin-place-cafe/story-fncynjr2-1227156241649

Hi everyone. It only just dawned upon me to look here for info. Does any one have a link to Chris Reasons twitter feed as I don't have time to go through 30 pages! You guys have been busy! TIA.

They stopped reporting on the hostage that made the
Slit throat gesture early on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members