GUILTY Australia - Masa Vukotic, 17, brutally murdered, Doncaster, Melbourne, 17 March 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IMO, there is no way to "rehabilitate" a man who rapes, assaults, beats and murders women. How can you fix someone like that? You can't! Why even give them a chance?! What is the reason for letting these types of people have freedom when they have proven time and time again that they are incredibly dangerous to our society. WHY???? Isn't this what we have prison's and mental hospital's for?!

IMO, there is no way to "rehabilitate" a man who rapes, assaults, beats and murders women. How can you fix someone like that? You can't! Why even give them a chance?! What is the reason for letting these types of people have freedom when they have proven time and time again that they are incredibly dangerous to our society. WHY???? Isn't this what we have prison's and mental hospital's for?!

There is absolutely no valid reason... it has been proven time and time again.
I am so gaaaaa! about this.

Wow...I just don't even know what to say..Surely there are laws in place in case of people like that?? They call him a sociopath, and maybe he is, but aren't these also characteristics of a psychopath?? I'm actually worried for the people of Geelong

What is going on in Geelong?

I've been avoiding this thread, this case has me just way too emotional as I have family near there and this could have been my own girl, visiting her rellies.

It's like the safety of women and kids isn't important in this country. I'm so angry, I get teary, for the sake of the parents and relatives mourning yet another innocent. It's a total betrayal, on behalf of our Govt, that these .. so and so's.. walk free time and again to hurt and kill more of us.

RIP, Masa, dear girl.

Not even a death penalty could start to make up for the loss of a daughter, at the beginning of her life.

:( It get too much, sometimes.

What is going on in Geelong?

If you take a look at the second post on this page (7), Katie posted about a 16 year old who has committed heinous crimes seemingly without remorse. Maybe I shouldn't have, but I presumed Geelong due to a local paper being named.

Evening guys...

Because of our judicial system, which WS complies with, we need to remove all posts and links which refer to the accused's past.

Some of you may recall this also occurred in Jill Meagher's case threads. We realise it's like trying to put toothpaste back in a tube but we need to comply for the sake of justice for Masa.

Moving forward from the above, new thread rule -------> zero discussions will be allowed regarding his past. Discussing his current charges will be all that's allowed.

self-edited my last post, marly, to remove specifics.

Hugs to everyone, this is another tough case to follow.

eta: and just to add, Katy's post made me shiver... here we have a future serial killer, plain as the nose on anyone's face, and the court s powerless - the cops must just ask themselves sometimes why they even bother catching these people.

The fault lies with the laws & the people making and upholding them, which put the rights of the individual violent criminals (of ANY age) over the rights of you and me, and all our kids and loved ones. I've read many times, where a clearly too-lenient sentence is imposed because the judge had his or her legal hands tied, by law.

It;s sad when the judge can't do what he knows is RIGHT and in the interest of public safety, until these offenders kill somebody. Or several somebodies, as it may happen.

It must have been agony for Slavoljub Vukotic, here to lay eyes on the man accused of murdering his daughter less than three days ago. The father was seated in the front row at 9.59am, and sat for 90 minutes listening to the drone of part-heard matters for people defending various drug charges. One can only imagine the storm in his mind at 11.30 when Mr Price was led into the room. And yet Mr Vukotic was the picture of restraint.
Mr Price himself said nothing, and did little. He sat behind glass, flanked by guards, wearing a white T-shirt. Angular jaw, olive skin, tousled brown hair. His head tilting from one side to the other in metronomic detachment. He bit his bottom lip. Was he bored? Worried? Do you read anything into darting eyes? Or a head leaned back against a plaster wall? What was that stern sweeping look he gave the open court?
We know he lived in a single-bedroom flat in Albion. That he was a man who made people feel uneasy. A man who felt aggrieved. A roller of his own "skewer thin" cigarettes. He was variously sheepish and athletic. Wired and dangerous.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/s...r-murder-of-masa-vukotic-20150320-1m3rm1.html

My heart breaks for Masa's family. How incredibly strong her father is.

Hi everyone, I'm new here, though I've been a lurker for awhile.

This case has absolutely devastated me. I can't even expressed how frustrated and rage-filled I feel. But I also wanted to say how refreshing it is to read all of your comments, and how there is absolutely no victim blaming here. It's comforting to know others don't see it as a fact of life that women are going to be killed and need to adjust their behaviour accordingly, but are willing to completely lay the blame where it truly lies: on the men who choose to commit violent acts against women.

On another note, I watched SP's youtube videos, and as garbled as they are, a couple of things stuck out to me (aside from his obviously disturbed mental state). 1., his fixation with the "rape" of his ears. How ironic is it that he is so disturbed by this, given what he's just been charged with? This is someone unable to feel sympathy for anyone but himself. 2., he mentions Rosie Batty and feminists in his videos, even blaming Rosie for the death of her son. This is a man who hates women.

Anyway, thank you all again for your posts, they offered me a lot of comfort last night when I most needed it.

If he doesn't want to see a doc or nurse, I guess the chances of him taking medication to control his psychosis are pretty slim. It's a dreadful prospect thinking he might one day be on the streets again.

The video the journalist has seen with an official police photograph that will cause uproar - I guess that will be a photo of a crime scene or a victim? Or possible, a suspect making a threat? I can't think what else an official police photo would be of.

BBM. Hi Zwiebel, he can say that before the magistrate, but it depends upon which Law applies to him once he is assessed. He has allegedly murdered an innocent victim in a brutal stabbing, then violently assaulted two others who needed to be taken to hospital, and violently subdued another woman in a bookshop, allegedly began to rape her, but was interrupted by other men who chased him away. He is a clear danger to others in or out of prison. IMO he will be medicated in a 'takedown' by injection. This procedure is used for inpatients suffering paranoid schizophrenia who refuse reasonable requests to take their medication. My opinion only.

I feel much sorrow for Masa's family. Their deep pain all consuming. The unimaginable grief of the circumstances of their beautiful daughter's death. So overwhelmingly sad. I hope that caring family and family friends are 'being' there, allowing them to grieve in their own way, but providing support. Simple kind words. A silent, caring touch on the shoulder. A silent kiss on the cheek - all let them know that you are there with them in their grief. Supply food for them - if they choose to eat, let them; if they choose not to eat, let them. The food is there for when they want to eat. Many in the community 'are with them' in their grief at present. We mourn the tragic loss of this beautiful life under such tragic circumstances and feel for this family. :rose:

http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...-christian-price/story-fnii5sms-1227272036011

"... as details about the murder — which the Herald Sun cannot legally report — rocked the State Government, amid concerns about public safety.
“This is a very serious matter and the Government is very concerned about safeguarding the community,” a government spokeswoman said.
“The Government is giving careful consideration to how to respond to this matter in a way that does not adversely affect the legal proceedings’’...

Put simply: WTF made these decisions?

Hmm. Indeed, there are serious questions to be asked here: what was he doing living in a flat, on his own, in the community? who assessed that? who approved that decision? There huge questions of culpability of management in this case IMO. Some questions: did he have case management assigned to him? level of training? Was he being managed by 'private detention'? level of training of staff? Supervisory responsibility? Questions of suitability of management by 'private detention' as opposed to legally-mandated government run facility? Training of private detention staff? Was he non-compliant with case management? medications? why was this not alerted and action not taken asap? Why was he released back into the community by the Victorian Parole Board? Who assessed his suitability for release? Several parts of the MH and Parole system, who were responsible for assessing this person, need to be called to account for they are, in part, culpable. They need to be held responsible for their decisions. They are being paid to make these decisons and they need to be made accountable IMO.

My hope is legal action is taken against the responsible departments for the death of Masa Vukotic.

The legal 'rights' of offenders should be subject to the 'safety' of other law-abiding people in the community. We had massive community outpouring of grief over the tragic death of Jill Meagher and an unprecedented public march calling on the government to change the laws to protect the community from repeat violent offenders. On paper it was reported changes were made to the Victorian Parole system ... but it has failed miserably again!
How many other repeat violent offenders have been 'released' back into the community and are living among us like 'ticking time-bombs'?

Now we have the tragic murder of Masa Vukotic in not dissimilar circumstances. It's time those public organisations we call 'authorities' were sued.
We need to hold those 'staff' and 'management' responsible for their assessments and decisions. Legal action against these authorities will speak louder than words.
My opinion only.

I don't care how he's restrained as long as it's behind steel bars. Solitary.
I care about the wardens welfare now.
He can be sedated by a blow dart for all I care.
Period.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/s...r-murder-of-masa-vukotic-20150320-1m3rm1.html
Sean Christian Price appears in Magistrates' Court over murder of Masa Vukotic
March 21, 2015 - 7:33AM by Konrad Marshall

Excerpts from article:

" ... Public seize the first chance to see the man charged with the brutal killing of a young Doncaster woman... Things felt busier than usual ... as if a voyeuristic mass came to catch a glimpse of just one man at the Melbourne Magistrates' Court... but of course it was not busier ... the machinery of justice was moving as ever and always ... Still, courtroom one was filled to the brim. It was standing room only for this particular filing hearing, regarding charges laid hours earlier against Sean Christian Price, 31, of murder and sexual assault and more... Masa Innocent. Beloved. At 17, taken too soon. Too meanly. Too much to bear, it is only natural that we care"...

Media prevented from telling the full story behind Masa Vukotic's death
March 20, 2015
http://www.3aw.com.au/news/media-pr...hind-masa-vukotics-death-20150319-1m3l74.html

A leading media lawyer is confident Melburnians will hear the truth about Masa Vukotic's death and the man accused of killing her.Top media lawyer Justin Quill, of Kelly Hazell Quill, has been in the thick of the case. He told 3AW Mornings he's confident the truth will emerge.

And Neil Mitchell says we will be shocked. He agrees with the Heraldsun Newspaper's editorial: ["Victorians will be shocked, angered and disgusted by the full story behind the tragic murder of VCE student Masa Vukotic"] which expressed frustration at not being able to report details.
Mitchell concurs: "I am deeply frustrated that the law does not allow me to explain more'.

For interested WS's there is an audio of Mitchell's discussion with Justin Quill there which you may like to listen to.

The earlier tragic murders of Margaret Maher, Nicole Paterson and Mersina Halvagis: in not dissimilar circumstances. Their murderer, Peter Dupas, now incarcerated for life, was a 'known' danger to others, a 'known' repeat, violent offender against women, yet he had been released back into the community by the Victorian Parole Board numerous times.

Now Sarah Cafferkey and Jill Meagher both murdered in not dissimilar circumstances.
We expressed community outrage, marched in our thousands, called for changes to the Law and Victorian Parole Board.
On paper procedures were reviewed and promises of change made.

... But now we have Masa Vukotic murdered in not dissimilar circumstances.
She was not killed because she walked in a public park, was a woman or because she had her earphones in. Many normal men pass women out walking and wearing earphones without a blink. Masa was killed by a known 'deviant and dangerous' man who was an unacceptable 'risk' to the safety of others. He should not have been released back into the community, living among us, to stalk and murder an innocent citizen walking in a park.

There are serious questions/answers to be demanded as to how this offender managed to slip through the alleged 'protective' net?
Responsible authorities are paid from the public purse. We need to call them to account for their assessments and decisions through legal action against the the management and CEO's of these organisations.

Government needs to step-up and revisit our Laws to make changes necessary to protect the public from offenders who have demonstrated that they are 'deviant and dangerous' and/or 'suffering co-morbid Mental Illness' combined with 'personality disorders' which make them too difficult to manage in the community and who pose an unacceptable 'risk' to the safety of others. Incarceration in a Prison facility with mental health service seems feasible for the management of these 'complex' cases.

My opinion only.

Masa Vukotic was like "the fizz of a champagne bottle" and will be remembered for her vivacious personality and gentle heart, her closest friends say.

As her suspected killer faced court yesterday, Masa's friends and loved ones were sharing their favourite memories of her, determined to let the world know who Masa was: a loveable and loving princess.
Close friend Melanie, 16, started the Facebook group "In Memory of Princess Marci", a nod to the nickname her friends fondly called her. "She would always introduce herself that way, as people would pronounce her birth name (Masa) incorrectly most of the time," Melanie said.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/news-wire/mas...gne-bottle-20150320-1m405g.html#ixzz3V00RFkTH

On paper it was reported changes were made to the Victorian Parole system ... but it has failed miserably again!
How many other repeat violent offenders have been 'released' back into the community and are living among us like 'ticking time-bombs'?

Paul Allan Miller is due for parole in 4 months (another Victorian repeat offender "with psychosexual problems").

I'm hoping the parole board make a sensible decision...though according to this article he'll be released in 2 years anyway, regardless of whether he's been rehabilitated. :shakehead:

At his sentencing, Judge Michael Tinney remarked, ''I have concluded that there was no remorse and that you have poor prospects for rehabilitation … There is a real need to protect the community from you.''

Even his own lawyers admitted Miller had ''increasingly worrying psychosexual problems''.

The Parole Board know Miller's results from a confidential psychosexual test proved ''off the scale'' - worse than any Victorian serial sex offender - and will be unlikely to take any risks.

They know he has reoffended soon after release. He abducted and sexually assaulted a Sale woman while on parole and was on the run over another sex crime when he injured Dr Hunter. While on bail for the hit-run he committed a further offence and was arrested after a police chase.

But as the Hunter crime was not defined as a sexually related offence he could not be sentenced as a serial sex offender. This means even if he is refused parole he will be released after completing his maximum term and the police who have dealt with him say it is not a matter of if but when he reoffends.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/save-the-last-dance-for-me-20140530-399da.html

Edited to add: I hope I'm not drawing attention away from Masa's death by mentioning these other cases (I certainly don't mean to). I just get really, really frustrated at the current state of the justice system in Victoria. I'm slowly losing hope that things will ever change and that these terrible and unnecessary deaths will continue :-(
The Police keep saying that these offenders are dangerous and will reoffend, but the politicians, judges and parole board just aren't listening.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitbladdo
Back