GUILTY Australia - Masa Vukotic, 17, brutally murdered, Doncaster, Melbourne, 17 March 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Fumigate the courthouses!

Two of the worst filthy cockroaches are seen within hours of each other.

Bailey and Price!
What a bloody coincidence!

Yuck YUCK! * with many many swear words added in.

I can't believe this, I barely have scratched the surface and I am furious... just like when AB's history had come to light.

How do we fix this system, it is clearly completely F&$@!D

Yuck YUCK! * with many many swear words added in.

I can't believe this, I barely have scratched the surface and I am furious... just like when AB's history had come to light.

How do we fix this system, it is clearly completely F&$@!D

How do we fix this system, it is clearly completely F&$@!D?

Swap them for the Bali9. Indonesia, please be my guest.

Yes indeed, however I think if you murder in Bali.... It is far less a crime than dealing in drugs
( few of the bali bombers were released from prison�� )

If he doesn't want to see a doc or nurse, I guess the chances of him taking medication to control his psychosis are pretty slim. It's a dreadful prospect thinking he might one day be on the streets again.

The video the journalist has seen with an official police photograph that will cause uproar - I guess that will be a photo of a crime scene or a victim? Or possible, a suspect making a threat? I can't think what else an official police photo would be of.

It's odd the way Australian media have to retrospectively delete or blur images that have previously been widely disseminated. Seems like that law is a hangover from days before the internet but it seems a bit irrelevant now. Once the images are out there, they're out there. Having to even delete cctv images police issued feels crazy to me.

Did I hear you on an AM radio station saying this quote ?
I phoned in ( didn't talk on air ) about when I was younger I used to carry a purse size can of hairspray in my bag.... or always had a lit cigarette as my security to use if I ever felt that creepy vibe when on my own.

No, wasn't me. I used to have a can of Impulse. Even now when I walk through the carpark I get my keys out just in case.

I saw something about it last night - from memory it was about his mistreatment in gaol. I'm trying to find a copy that hasn't been wiped. It should still be available somewhere for me (NSW).

Thanks Fruity...I was editing my post when you replied.

So in September 2014 he was in prison for assault (threatened guards) Then in October he was interviewed in relation to the threats and charged.

When was he released from prison? How does someone who threatens to go on a 'homicidal rampage' end up out of prison and living on his own? With such a serious history of previous offences and mental illness.

The whole criminal justice system is in serious need of review. Anyone involved in his release needs to be stood down

Thanks Fruity...I was editing my post when you replied.

So in September 2014 he was in prison for assault (threatened guards) Then in October he was interviewed in relation to the threats and charged.

When was he released from prison? How does someone who threatens to go on a 'homicidal rampage' end up out of prison and living on his own? With such a serious history of previous offences and mental illness.

The whole criminal justice system is in serious need of review. Anyone involved in his release needs to be stood down
I totally agree. Anyone who gets themselves into that kind of a rage and threatens such horrible things NEEDS serious treatment. Clearly he was not receiving it.

I am sympathetic to those with mental illness. I don't share much of my private life here, so you'll only have to believe me when I say that I know what I'm talking about. I don't want to tell any sob stories to try to gain credibility. But if your mental illness means that you are a threat to the safety of others, I'm sorry but that means you need treatment. Whether it is your responsibility or the responsibility falls to to someone else because of your inability, it needs to happen. It might be hard and yes the meds can be unpleasant. Yes they can dull creativity and yes it can make it seem like you're not 'you'. No it's not fair. But it's also not fair for those around you to be unsafe. Their right to be safe trumps your wish not to receive treatment.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

Quoting myself - he has already spent time there! That's where he punched Tony Abbott. If I hadn't skimmed earlier I would have seen that TGY gave the info in post 138:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ster-Prk-Vic-*Arrest*&p=11607347#post11607347

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/m...ched-tony-abbott-in-2006-20150320-1m43sg.html

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2004-10-12/man-sent-to-psychiatric-hospital-over-sex-crimes/567212

A 20-year-old man has been sentenced to more than eight years detention at a psychiatric hospital, over a series of attacks on women around Melbourne.

Sean Christian Price of Donvale pleaded guilty to 22 charges including two counts of rape, three counts of indecent assault and four of stalking.

The County Court heard he attacked seven women including a mother who was walking with her two children in Balwyn in May last year.

The court heard he forced his way into her home and threatened to kill the children if she did not comply.

The court heard he also indecently assaulted a 13-year-old girl who was walking with her friend in Kew.

Judge John Barnett said Price was suffering from the onset of schizophrenia and his psychosis clouded his social judgement as well as his understanding of the impact on his victims.

He ordered he serve at least five and a half years of an eight year, two month sentence as a secure patient at the Thomas Embling Hospital.

I totally agree. Anyone who gets themselves into that kind of a rage and threatens such horrible things NEEDS serious treatment. Clearly he was not receiving it.

I am sympathetic to those with mental illness. I don't share much of my private life here, so you'll only have to believe me when I say that I know what I'm talking about. I don't want to tell any sob stories to try to gain credibility. But if your mental illness means that you are a threat to the safety of others, I'm sorry but that means you need treatment. Whether it is your responsibility or the responsibility falls to to someone else because of your inability, it needs to happen. It might be hard and yes the meds can be unpleasant. Yes they can dull creativity and yes it can make it seem like you're not 'you'. No it's not fair. But it's also not fair for those around you to be unsafe. Their right to be safe trumps your wish not to receive treatment.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

I can't say how much I agree with your post. Like you, I'm not going to go into any detail about my history but it's more than fair to say that I have.."experience" in regards to mental health issues.

I haven't wanted to say anything but I think part of the reason the Victorian legal system is the way it is, is because of people too afraid to offend others.

Anyway...I've had enough of mental health issues and past hardships coming into consideration when sentencing violent criminals. I have all the sympathy in the world for victims of child abuse (sexual, physical, emotional..)..until they are a danger to others. Adrian Bayley had a similar history as Sean Pierce before he murdered Jill. It took a crime that was highly publicised for him to finally be given a half decent sentence. It's time that criminals who commit such horrific crimes are jailed for life, rather than waiting them to find the "ideal victim". If they have mental issues, send them somewhere like the Thomas Embling Hospital (but don't release murderers on day leave for gosh sakes!!), don't give them a lenient sentence!

I can't say how much I agree with your post. Like you, I'm not going to go into any detail about my history but it's more than fair to say that I have.."experience" in regards to mental health issues.

I haven't wanted to say anything but I think part of the reason the Victorian legal system is the way it is, is because of people too afraid to offend others.

Anyway...I've had enough of mental health issues and past hardships coming into consideration when sentencing violent criminals. I have all the sympathy in the world for victims of child abuse (sexual, physical, emotional..)..until they are a danger to others. Adrian Bayley had a similar history as Sean Pierce before he murdered Jill. It took a crime that was highly publicised for him to finally be given a half decent sentence. It's time that criminals who commit such horrific crimes are jailed for life, rather than waiting them to find the "ideal victim". If they have mental issues, send them somewhere like the Thomas Embling Hospital (but don't release murderers on day leave for gosh sakes!!), don't give them a lenient sentence!
Exactly! I agree totally.

The only thing I'm willing to say is that I was assaulted by someone with a mental illness and I don't want that person to suffer. But I have the right not to suffer too.

No, wasn't me. I used to have a can of Impulse. Even now when I walk through the carpark I get my keys out just in case.

crazy.... someone said the same thing word for word this morning!

For so long I have been extremely critical and, honestly, ashamed, of the Victorian justice system. Especially in the case of rape. The sentences given to men who have raped women is not severe enough. If it were, Masa and Jill might still be alive today. The failure is in our legal system and the lenient sentences given to violent men. Can police criticise jail sentences? Violent offences, especially those committed by men against women need to be taken more seriously!! When is Victoria going to get its act together??

I feel the same way. It seems like the balance between protecting the community and protecting the rights of offenders and giving them the chance to be rehabilitated has very much tipped in the favour of offenders.

----

A bit off-topic, but has anyone seen this article about a youth offender in Victoria? From what I can gather, the system focuses on rehabilitation of offenders, rather than punishment up until the age of 18, but I'm not sure how community protection fits into all of this?

February 25, 2015
A story from Victoria today has chilled the heart of parents everywhere: a 16-year-old boy who appears, to most observers, to be a true sociopath. According to The Geelong Advertiser, the boy has amassed more than 140 charges since he was 10 years old, including bestiality, cruelty to animals, arson, theft and criminal damage. Recently he was also found with two young girls – one just four years old – who had been reported missing by their parents.

An officer told the Children’s Court magistrate this week that these charges were only “the tip of the iceberg”.

A policewoman, giving evidence, said the boy’s offending was “escalating”, he had no respect for police or court orders, and should not be granted bail.

“He chokes animals and says he likes feeling the last breathe they take,” she said.

He defies every court order levelled against him, all while promising that he’s changed his ways. The paper reports that he is neither teary nor embarrassed, as is the usual figure in a Children’s Court. He smirks. He’s cold. He stares. “His behaviours are sociopathic and extremely disturbing,” an officer told the court. “(He) is an unacceptable risk to the community on so many levels, he is uncontrollable, he has a hatred of women, he has no respect for property or people’s belongings. He is dangerous.”

“What can I do?” the magistrate said.

The teen had broken every court order given to him, and at the time of the offence had five active Youth Supervision Orders over him.

“I am aware of the limitations of the Children’s Court Act, I’m hamstrung as to how I deal with the matter,” the magistrate said.

He decided not to impose another order, as the teen would only break it.

http://www.kidspot.com.au/is-this-victorian-teen-a-true-sociopath/

http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...-christian-price/story-fnii5sms-1227272036011

"details about the murder...rocked the state government, amid concerns about public safety" <- Quote from the above article. There has to be something more to this, not just that he was released. Am I the only one alone in thinking this? Or have I been too desensitised from all the crap going on that the parole board effing up again doesn't surprise me?

A quote from an officer in most articles that I've been curious about:

&#8220;We changed our focus this morning and that focus has led to this suspect surrendering,&#8221;

http://news.optuszoo.com.au/2015/03/19/masa-murder-suspect-arrested/

Does anyone know what this means? Is it something as simple as someone recognising him and the police started treating it as a random attack?

Here's hoping SP spends the rest of his life in prison. Ha. Who am I kidding?

Wow...I just don't even know what to say..Surely there are laws in place in case of people like that?? They call him a sociopath, and maybe he is, but aren't these also characteristics of a psychopath?? I'm actually worried for the people of Geelong

Oh my goodness. I just don't even know how to explain how I am feeling after reading all of this. Jill, Sarah and now Masa. Why do innocent women have to keep losing their lives because of the parole board?! I wouldn't even say that Victoria has a "justice" system, WHERE IS THE JUSTICE???? Is it even really justice when they're finally behind bars for the rest of their lives AFTER they've been granted parole, then go on to sexually assault children and older women, and eventually murder innocent women. This is just absolutely horrible, my heart breaks for the victims and families of these people :( It's just not fair! Something needs to be done to change this!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CurlyClue
Back