Found Deceased Australia - Matthew Leveson, 20, Cronulla, NSW, 24 Sept 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks so much Bohemian, you truly are much treasured here :tyou:

This has become a great thread , a bit of cat and mouse play now with Atkins .
What tone of voice did mr leveson say "look over your shoulder" ?

layout app for photos

This has become a great thread , a bit of cat and mouse play now with Atkins .
What tone of voice did mr leveson say "look over your shoulder" ?

layout app for photos

I don't like Atkins' chances now DCI Jubelin is on his trail. He possesses more cunning than any cat IMO. I think Atkins may just have met his match.

As for Mr Leveson, his tone of voice comes across as resolute IMO. You can listen to his comments at the conclusion of the search via the link below:

Leveson parents warn 'Atkins look over your shoulder'

Mr Leveson has stated that he wouldn't take the law into his own hands, or words to that effect, in previous MSM articles. As a parent I think I would be sorely tempted to mete out my own very special brand of justice under the same circumstances.

Thanks so much Bohemian, you truly are much treasured here :tyou:

Thanks blossom. We all bring our own special talents to WS. What one of us misses, another picks up on. That's what I love about being here - the collaboration and camaraderie of like-minded people. We all provide valuable pieces to try to complete a puzzle for the greater good and are all equally treasured, I'm sure.

Thanks blossom. We all bring our own special talents to WS. What one of us misses, another picks up on. That's what I love about being here - the collaboration and camaraderie of like-minded people. We all provide valuable pieces to try to complete a puzzle for the greater good and are all equally treasured, I'm sure.
Thank you bohemian for the uplifting encouragement & warm fuzzies.
Hopefully matts loved ones felt the support too recently from hearty supporters like you

layout app for photos

On the same night that Atkins went to Newcastle for sex covered in ashy dirt, he was texting another man.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-...-man-days-after-leveson-disappearance/7199790
Mr Atkins sent 'flirtatious' texts to another man, Inquest hears

Another man, referred to as Patrick Anderson, told the inquest that he met Mr Atkins at ARQ nightclub in April 2007 shortly after his 18th birthday.
He also knew Mr Leveson.
Mr Anderson said Mr Atkins frequently contacted him on instant messaging and sent him "flirtatious" text messages, asking if he wanted to "play around ".
"Mike asked me to be discreet, to keep the conversation we had between us," Mr Anderson said.
The inquest heard that on the night of Wednesday, September 26, 2007, the pair exchanged 37 test messages, with Mr Atkins wanting to meet up.
Counsel assisting Lester Fernandez asked, "In any of those messages, did he tell you that his partner Matt had disappeared?"
"No," Mr Anderson replied.

And from the same link:

The young man referred to by the pseudonym Bradley Johns told the inquest that Mr Atkins arrived at his apartment in Hunter Street, Newcastle, on September 26, 2007, covered in dirt from top to toe.

BBM

Just to clear up the date of the 2007 Sleaze Ball, it was held on 29 September, after Atkins drove 170 km to Newcastle to have sex with Johns:

'This year's Sleaze Ball, Zirkus, takes its inspiration from the underground club and cabaret scene of Weimar Berlin. Zirkus promises decadence without limitation and uncompromising sensuality oozing from every beautiful pore.

Zirkus will happen on Saturday September 29th form 10pm to 8am at the Hordern, Dome & Forum and first release tickets are already SOLD OUT!'

Sleaze Ball Coming Up!

The search at the flat happened the day after the Newcastle meeting.
What a low life - of course he'd automatically put the blame on Matthew for the drugs and cash found.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2016/05/16/nsw-leveson-inquest-hears-secret-recording

A previously unseen excerpt of video footage from a search warrant of the pair's home on September 27, 2007, was also played at the inquest.
The inquest heard the 48-minute excerpt wasn't played because it showed drugs and cash being seized from the home.
Footage showed police searching the pair's home as they discovered drugs, believed to be ecstasy and GHB, in the kitchen, along with $3755 cash.
"It's Matt's," Mr Atkins tells police.
"He's been doing it a while."

Just to clear up the date of the 2007 Sleaze Ball, it was held on 29 September, after Atkins drove 170 km to Newcastle to have sex with Johns:
'This year's Sleaze Ball, Zirkus, takes its inspiration from the underground club and cabaret scene of Weimar Berlin. Zirkus promises decadence without limitation and uncompromising sensuality oozing from every beautiful pore.

Zirkus will happen on Saturday September 29th form 10pm to 8am at the Hordern, Dome & Forum and first release tickets are already SOLD OUT!'

Sleaze Ball Coming Up!

So Atkins asked Rogers to Sleaze Ball on the day of the Ball.
Then Rogers overdoses on the drug Atkins gave him, he's very lucky he made it out alive.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/partner-o...leaze-ball-inquest-hears-20160223-gn1fld.html
A man going under the pseudonym Anthony Rogers told the ongoing inquest into Mr Leveson's death that on September 29, 2007 - six days after Mr Leveson was last seen - he received a text message from Mr Atkins.
In it, Mr Atkins, then 44, told Mr Rogers that he had a "spare ticket" to the ball and asked if he wanted to come along.
Mr Rogers told the inquest on Tuesday that, while he had had a sexual encounter with Mr Atkins before, he had been surprised by the invitation because he believed the older man was still seeing Mr Leveson.
And:
He said that when they arrived, Mr Atkins offered him a dose of the drug 'GHB' contained in a small plastic fish of the type sushi restaurants often used to distribute soy sauce.
He told the inquest that he drank the entire vial, resulting in an overdose that forced him to the ball's medical tent where he stayed until the next morning.

http://www.news.com.au/national/que...s/news-story/b7f866b3c808644ee6915930ce8160bd

AN online petition is calling for Michael Atkins — the man granted immunity from prosecution for perjury if he was able to lead police to the body of his former lover — to be banned from gay bars and nightclubs across Australia.

The petition on chang.org comes just days after the official search for Matthew Leveson’s body was called off in the Australian Royal National Park and in the wake of new details and photographs of Michael Atkins’ sexual behaviour with young men in the years since he was tried and acquitted of Mr Leveson’s murder.
The petition, started in Brisbane by James Vasilic, calls on “all LGBTI nightclubs in Australia” to refuse to let Mt Atkins into their clubs. It has more than 400 supporters.
The petition was commenced “in light of the recent events surrounding Matthew Leveson and the search for his body in NSW bushland”.

And from the same link^:

Meanwhile, Leveson’s parents have taken to social media to thank members of the community for their ongoing support, and have alluded to their belief that their son’s body is not in the location Mr Atkins claimed.
“There can be little doubt that if Matt was as this location, he would have been found,” they said in a joint statement.
“The police were painstakingly thorough.”

http://www.news.com.au/national/que...s/news-story/b7f866b3c808644ee6915930ce8160bd

AN online petition is calling for Michael Atkins — the man granted immunity from prosecution for perjury if he was able to lead police to the body of his former lover — to be banned from gay bars and nightclubs across Australia.

The petition on chang.org comes just days after the official search for Matthew Leveson’s body was called off in the Australian Royal National Park and in the wake of new details and photographs of Michael Atkins’ sexual behaviour with young men in the years since he was tried and acquitted of Mr Leveson’s murder.
The petition, started in Brisbane by James Vasilic, calls on “all LGBTI nightclubs in Australia” to refuse to let Mt Atkins into their clubs. It has more than 400 supporters.
The petition was commenced “in light of the recent events surrounding Matthew Leveson and the search for his body in NSW bushland”.

It's 12 signatures away from the goal of 5,000.

And from the same link^:

Meanwhile, Leveson’s parents have taken to social media to thank members of the community for their ongoing support, and have alluded to their belief that their son’s body is not in the location Mr Atkins claimed.
“There can be little doubt that if Matt was as this location, he would have been found,” they said in a joint statement.
“The police were painstakingly thorough.”

Yes, Mr and Mrs Leveson, I believe you're correct. Damn that *advertiser censored* for leading you on a wild goose chase.

Facebook:

Justice for Matthew Leveson

'About

Created by Matt's dad [Peter] due to the overwhelming interest expressed over Matt's disappearance and murder in September 2007 and the subsequent acquittal in October 2009 of the person accused of this crime.'​

http://gaynewsnetwork.com.au/news/n...pearance-of-matt-leveson-continues-20504.html

Leveson’s Toyota Corolla was discovered three days after he disappeared at Waratah Oval in Sutherland, the site of a known gay beat. The vehicle had been wiped clean of prints.

AND

Phone records have also been tendered at the inquest that suggest Atkins was texting and meeting up with other men just two days after his boyfriend went missing.
The phone records show that the first time Atkins tried to call his missing boyfriend's mobile phone was September 26, three days after his disappearance.
In interviews with police Atkins said he texted his partner on the day of his disappearance after waking up and discovering he was alone.
Leveson’s phone was later discovered during a search by police hidden under a mat on the passenger side of Atkins’ car.
During a search of the couple’s apartment Atkins was unable to produce the clothes or shoes he was wearing at the time of Leveson’s disappearance and police have never recovered the mattock purchased on the day Leveson disappeared.

BBM

So Atkins asked Rogers to Sleaze Ball on the day of the Ball.
Then Rogers overdoses on the drug Atkins gave him, he's very lucky he made it out alive.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/partner-o...leaze-ball-inquest-hears-20160223-gn1fld.html
A man going under the pseudonym Anthony Rogers told the ongoing inquest into Mr Leveson's death that on September 29, 2007 - six days after Mr Leveson was last seen - he received a text message from Mr Atkins.
In it, Mr Atkins, then 44, told Mr Rogers that he had a "spare ticket" to the ball and asked if he wanted to come along.
Mr Rogers told the inquest on Tuesday that, while he had had a sexual encounter with Mr Atkins before, he had been surprised by the invitation because he believed the older man was still seeing Mr Leveson.
And:
He said that when they arrived, Mr Atkins offered him a dose of the drug 'GHB' contained in a small plastic fish of the type sushi restaurants often used to distribute soy sauce.
He told the inquest that he drank the entire vial, resulting in an overdose that forced him to the ball's medical tent where he stayed until the next morning.

Not according to this SMH article:

'A Sydney man whose boyfriend went missing nine years ago went shopping and sent a text to a potential party date the day after his partner vanished, an inquest has heard.

Michael Atkins, then 44, texted a male he had invited to the Sleaze Ball dance party, bought a pair of shoes and shopped at a supermarket on September 24, 2007, the day after Matthew Leveson was last seen, the Coroner's Court heard.'

Michael Atkins invited date to Sleaze Ball a day after Matthew Leveson vanished: inquest

Although this Canberra Times article states Atkins invited his former lover, Anthony Rogers, to the 2007 Sleaze Ball on the 29/9/2007:

'A man going under the pseudonym Anthony Rogers told the ongoing inquest into Mr Leveson's death that on September 29, 2007 - six days after Mr Leveson was last seen - he received a text message from Mr Atkins.

In it, Mr Atkins, then 44, told Mr Rogers that he had a "spare ticket" to the ball and asked if he wanted to come along

The surprise was compounded when Mr Atkins told him Mr Leveson was coming separately "with some friends" and that they would all meet up later in the night.

"[We had] a conversation along the lines of 'why aren't you going together?' It was confusing to me, I would go together if I was with someone," Mr Rogers told the inquest.

"He said there wasn't anything wrong and that they weren't fighting."'

Partner of missing man Matthew Leveson asked ex-lover to Sleaze Ball, inquest hears
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/nsw...-to-sleaze-ball-inquest-hears-20160223-gn1fld

Confusing. Are the two journalists reporting on two different men that Atkins invited to the Sleaze Ball on two separate dates? Or has one of them reported the sequence of events incorrectly?

Bohemian. The way I read all that, is that Atkins texted Rogers on 24 September but didn't invite him to the ball until a subsequent text on 29 September. The reporters' phrasing is a bit vague in places, but that's not unusual.

I had to read that a few times myself, if you could elaborate?

I edited my post, Mr A, as I was confusing even myself. We're trying to work out as accurate a timeline as possible from MSM reports for Atkins' movements in the days surrounding the date of Matthew's disappearance and presumed death.

Bohemian. The way I read all that, is that Atkins texted Rogers on 24 September but didn't invite him to the ball until a subsequent text on 29 September. The reporters' phrasing is a bit vague in places, but that's not unusual.

Thanks, JLZ. I think I've read one too many MSM articles lately. Time to clock off for today, I think *cracks open a tinnie*

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karmalicious478
Back