Found Deceased Australia - Melissa Caddick, 49, Sydney, NSW, 12 Nov 2020 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New Article in The Australian tonight ....

Paraphrased

ASIC has filed more than three dozen new charges against Melissa Caddick, despite police believing that MC died after fleeing her home.

Ms Caddick, has been charged with 19 counts of falsely claiming to have a financial services licence.(AFSL)

Ms Caddick was also charged with 18 counts of dishonest conduct in relation to financial products and services and one count of “not holding Australian financial services licence when required”.

The charges, list 29 individuals and investment companies as victims. and were obtained by The Weekend Australian,

The charges were filed at a Sydney local court on Friday (I haven't found them yet.... can anybody assist with this please)

But an arrest warrant issued by the regulator for Ms Caddick in February has been revoked.

The matter will be heard in court on Tuesday.

Melissa Caddick: Dead, but fraudster faces new charges (theaustralian.com.au)

Can you charge a dead person with a crime?

Posthumous trials can be held for a variety of reasons, including the legal declaration that the defendant was the one who committed the crime, to provide justice for society of family members of the victims, or to exonerate a wrongfully convicted person after their death. Due to the heavy cost, they are usually held only under extraordinary circumstances.

You cannot bring proceedings against a dead person. You can, however, bring proceedings against their estate.

Can you charge a dead person with a crime?

Posthumous trials can be held for a variety of reasons, including the legal declaration that the defendant was the one who committed the crime, to provide justice for society of family members of the victims, or to exonerate a wrongfully convicted person after their death. Due to the heavy cost, they are usually held only under extraordinary circumstances.

You cannot bring proceedings against a dead person. You can, however, bring proceedings against their estate.
Yes this a bit strange..... unless they are going ahead with charges incase MC has a "silent" business partner who may be able to be held accountable???? Or to somehow make it easier to negotiate with MC's Executor/s regarding your comment about bringing charges against the Estate .....

The article stats that they believe Melissa is deceased and the matter is with the Coroner... But that MC's death is a Police matter not an ASIC matter.....

Do we have any information on whom the tradie was that frequented the property or lived in the property. Or was this simply AK? Was it a tradie? A bag drop?
I feel that the police should make enquiries on the owner of the vehicle in front of the house on google street view on:
November 15 (old white unmarked Toyota) and; December 18. (newer white VW Caddy van)
Different unmarked vehicles with very similar or identical equipment on the roof , roof racks and tie down system.
On November 15 the tradie can be seen walking into the front of the house.
Once would be a coincidence. But to be spotted a second time three years later means this person was connected to this property.
What was their trade? was any vehicle in the area that looked like this at the time of the disappearance?
View attachment 289999View attachment 290001View attachment 290000

Co-incidence re: photos on two separate occasions this far apart definitely relevant - well spotted Mr Murphy.

Softer work shoes for crawling around in tight roof spaces and up ladders - electrician or comms.

Re: Side-on van pic.
There's a card with blue Australia-ish shaped logo on side of dashboard behind front passenger-side windscreen?

Sometimes tradies put their card/logo on the dash, should residents cars be blocked in at jobs.

Completely unrelated - I have been admiring the unusually green and well-kept grass verge outside the WR property which does not extend to the neighbours...

Last edited:
The charges, list 29 individuals and investment companies as victims. and were obtained by The Weekend Australian,

This is also interesting ..... did other Investment Companies "invest" with MC or would these just be Family Trust or individual arrangements, that formed their own small companies .... for tax and other reasons ????

post: 16714074, member: 100513"]New Article in The Australian tonight ....

Paraphrased

My comments will appear after the original which is in italics:

ASIC has filed more than three dozen new charges against Melissa Caddick, despite police believing that MC died after fleeing her home.

I wonder if they are going to declare MC legally dead soon so the family can get closure and have a funeral service.

Ms Caddick, has been charged with 19 counts of falsely claiming to have a financial services licence.(AFSL)

I would have thought that there would have been more counts on this charge as MC had about 61 clients.

Ms Caddick was also charged with 18 counts of dishonest conduct in relation to financial products and services and one count of “not holding Australian financial services licence when required”.

Again I thought there would have been more charges on this too.

Only 29 victims have come forward so far? I wonder which investment companies were also victims.

The charges were filed at a Sydney local court on Friday

They will be applied against MC's estate.

But an arrest warrant issued by the regulator for Ms Caddick in February has been revoked.

That must be because MC is going to be legally declared dead.

The matter will be heard in court on Tuesday.

Looking forward to hearing about this from the media on Tuesday.

Melissa Caddick: Dead, but fraudster faces new charges (theaustralian.com.au)[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Wow, can a person be declared deceased with only a few foot bones as evidence?

Will arrest Warrant actually be revoked?
MC pronounced deceased in light of new, irrevocable evidence?
MC found?
Evidence to charge a third part with murder?
Evidence to charge a third party on other charges?

Last edited:
Also a little more from the same article .... important, as the original date given by ASIC was 2009........

The new charge documents show Ms Caddick’s alleged fraud began as early as November 2012 and continued until October 31, 2020 — shortly before her home was raided.

Melissa Caddick: Dead, but fraudster faces new charges (theaustralian.com.au)

This is my estimated timeline from 2009

6/o5/2009 According to court documents, MC’s “suspected contraventions” may have started then

26/08/2009 31/08/2009 Singapore trip probably to see her brother who was working there at Accenture.

2010 to early 2013 Anthony Caddick moved to the UK as offered a job in London as a lawyer for 2 years.

13/03/2010 to 20/07/2010 UK trip MC, OC and AC moved to London. Maybe separation began here as MC returned to Australia four months later?

9/02/2011 to 2/04/2011 MC’s short trip to UK alone to go on Mediterranean cruise where MC meets AK who was the hairdresser on the ship

13/04/2011 to 28/01 /2012 UK trip probably to spend more time with AK as he was working in London then and to convince him to return to Australia to live with her?

2012 MC lived in Kensington, Sydney at her martial home.

The new charge documents show Ms Caddick’s alleged fraud began as early as November 2012 and continued until October 31, 2020 — shortly before her home was raided.

26/12/2012 to 18/01/2013 USA trip Possibly met AK to New York for Christmas as friend said she took her hairdresser with her and they both returned to Sydney together

2013: MC is divorced and sells their Kensington house for $900,000. Moves from Kensington to Rose Bay and lived with AK there(SMH)

8/04/2013 to 20/04/2013
USA trip School holidays

18/06/2013 Maliver Pty Ltd was incorporated

2013 Two of Mr Calabria’s (lawyer) clients invested.

Melissa Caddick ‘lived large’ on investor funds for many years, lawyer claims (theage.com.au)

2013: contact address World Square NSW (from ASIC)

2013: Place of business Kensington NSW (from ASIC)

2013: Place of business Rose Bay NSW (from ASIC)

28/09/2013 to 6/10/2013 USA trip

4/04/2014 Bought Wallangra Road, Dover Heights for $6.2 m. Borrowed $4m. Melissa's brother owned 1% of the Dover Heights home.

I am very interested in how MC was able to find the approximate figure of $2.2m for the Dover Heights house and how she was able to borrow $4m.

My guess Mr M is a pool man????
Someone to regularly check the water pH and clean it etc....
Although I will admit they usually have a logo on the van if from a pool shop ...
Could be... I am leaning towards electrical... with the aluminium ladder and items on roof top.... one pipe is marked ‘Clipsal’. .....it’s a conundrum.
It just screams decoy white random van to me.
Nothing to see here....

New article Daily Telegraph
Praphrased:

Police are becoming increasingly sure the mystery of Melissa Caddick will never be solved

For AK life must go on, and the first sign life might slowly be returning to normal evidenced by taking his two dogs to a pet groomer in Rose Bay, on Friday.

Police are struggling to piece together MC's disappearance and the circumstances of her death, as investigations continue to unravel the financial scam Ms Caddick committed,

A lack of CCTV footage near her home and no credible sightings is making it impossible to draw any conclusions.

Melissa Caddick’s husband Anthony Koletti spotted at dog groomers | Daily Telegraph

Free article here
Bizarre twist as missing Sydney conwoman Melissa Caddick hit with 38 charges - though believed dead | Daily Mail Online

Missing fraudster Melissa Caddick has been hit with dozens of new charges relating to eight years of fraud - despite police believing she is dead and admitting her disappearance may never be solved.

Caddick was charged with 19 counts of falsely claiming to have a financial services licence, one of failing to produce a licence and 18 counts of dishonest conduct in relation to financial products in a Sydney local court.

As well as the 38 new charges filed by Australia's corporate regulator, the new documents filed revealed the extent of her crimes while running the unlicensed Maliver Pty Ltd.

The matter will be heard in court in Sydney on Tuesday.

From ASIC
'It is not for ASIC to determine if, or speculate on whether, Ms Caddick is alive,' the spokesman said.

'That is a matter for the NSW Police and — should it come to that — a coroner.'

It did however withdraw its arrest warrants for Caddick - which were issued in February - and its lawyer noted it was unable to issue the relevant court notice to the defendant.

More at the link above

Last edited:
Two forensic experts have raised a theory that Caddick may have died elsewhere before being moved closer to Bournda beach, where her foot and trainer were discovered.

The south coast beach is more than 400km from where Caddick was last seen at her lavish Dover Heights home in Sydney.

'That is remarkable but it can happen,' said Professor John Hilton, a forensic pathologist said.

Mr Hilton said it was possible a foot could survive such a long journey through the ocean without being destroyed and without the shoe being covered in barnacles, as some have speculated.

But he added 'what astonishes me is they found it at all', given the size of the area involved.

Mr Hilton acknowledged it was possible she died closer to where the foot was found.

'There are all sorts of bizarre stories, including dismemberment with bits and piece thrown in the ocean much closer to where the foot washed up,' he said.

Another forensic expert Professor Johan Duflou expressed similar surprise to Mr Hilton and thought it was possible her body was moved.

'I would have thought it was relatively unlikely the entire body would go that far and remain intact, but whether a shoe can or not, I don't know.'

He suggested police may need to explore the area around where Caddick's foot was found.

NSW Police Assistant Commissioner Mick Willing has also said foul play against Caddick was possible but suicide was more likely.

Bizarre twist as missing Sydney conwoman Melissa Caddick hit with 38 charges - though believed dead | Daily Mail Online

Re the DT Article...
IIRC the number plates on the Mercedes were also black plates (PAWS ?) ..... They now appear to be standard issue Yellow NSW Plates....
Maybe the plates on both cars have been changed? For anonymity.....??
Sorry cant put photo here as DT Photo is paid article.

Last edited:
It appears that there will be two different court cases. One in the local court on Tuesday and another in the Supreme Court.
n
"Caddick was charged with 19 counts of falsely claiming to have a financial services licence, one of failing to produce a licence and 18 counts of dishonest conduct in relation to financial products in a Sydney local court. As well as the 38 new charges filed by Australia's corporate regulator, the new documents filed revealed the extent of her crimes while running the unlicensed Maliver Pty Ltd. "

"A large number of additional and, unsurprisingly, distressed consumers who claim to have invested with the defendants have contacted ASIC and provided further information,' documents filed at the Federal Court read."

Have I interpreted this correctly?

It seems that AK was able to hang onto all of his designer and expensive gear.

In the DT article that Slouth just posted, he was seen wearing what is believed to be Air Jordan retro sneakers worth over $5,000 resale value.

And he parked 'his' Mercedes AMG CLA 45 in a no-stopping zone as he went in to pick up the dogs from the groomers.

Dog grooming costs about $80 per dog, as per the article.

I don't know where he is getting his money, unless JobSeeker has gone up one huge heck of a lot.

No Cookies | Daily Telegraph

It appears that there will be two different court cases. One in the local court on Tuesday and another in the Supreme Court.
n
"Caddick was charged with 19 counts of falsely claiming to have a financial services licence, one of failing to produce a licence and 18 counts of dishonest conduct in relation to financial products in a Sydney local court. As well as the 38 new charges filed by Australia's corporate regulator, the new documents filed revealed the extent of her crimes while running the unlicensed Maliver Pty Ltd. "

"A large number of additional and, unsurprisingly, distressed consumers who claim to have invested with the defendants have contacted ASIC and provided further information,' documents filed at the Federal Court read."

Have I interpreted this correctly?
It's a separate case in a different court, yes. This new one is a criminal prosecution.

Two forensic experts have raised a theory that Caddick may have died elsewhere before being moved closer to Bournda beach, where her foot and trainer were discovered.

The south coast beach is more than 400km from where Caddick was last seen at her lavish Dover Heights home in Sydney.

'That is remarkable but it can happen,' said Professor John Hilton, a forensic pathologist said.

Mr Hilton said it was possible a foot could survive such a long journey through the ocean without being destroyed and without the shoe being covered in barnacles, as some have speculated.

But he added 'what astonishes me is they found it at all', given the size of the area involved.

Mr Hilton acknowledged it was possible she died closer to where the foot was found.

'There are all sorts of bizarre stories, including dismemberment with bits and piece thrown in the ocean much closer to where the foot washed up,' he said.

Another forensic expert Professor Johan Duflou expressed similar surprise to Mr Hilton and thought it was possible her body was moved.

'I would have thought it was relatively unlikely the entire body would go that far and remain intact, but whether a shoe can or not, I don't know.'

He suggested police may need to explore the area around where Caddick's foot was found.

NSW Police Assistant Commissioner Mick Willing has also said foul play against Caddick was possible but suicide was more likely.

To me, the thing that is a stand out and a clue is that MC attended that area for a school camp when in high school.
This has several implications.

It would be a coincidence of enormity, to have her foot remains and shoe encasement wash up on the shore of a beach in an area she camped at as a teenage student.

Of all the beaches, you know?

So yes Mr Expert, let's search the area, either for more of MCs remains or for evidence of someone planting the foot and shoe there - or both, actually. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214