Found Deceased Australia - Melissa Caddick, 49, Sydney, NSW, 12 Nov 2020 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two forensic experts have raised a theory that Caddick may have died elsewhere before being moved closer to Bournda beach, where her foot and trainer were discovered.

The south coast beach is more than 400km from where Caddick was last seen at her lavish Dover Heights home in Sydney.

'That is remarkable but it can happen,' said Professor John Hilton, a forensic pathologist said.

Mr Hilton said it was possible a foot could survive such a long journey through the ocean without being destroyed and without the shoe being covered in barnacles, as some have speculated.

But he added 'what astonishes me is they found it at all', given the size of the area involved.

Mr Hilton acknowledged it was possible she died closer to where the foot was found.

'There are all sorts of bizarre stories, including dismemberment with bits and piece thrown in the ocean much closer to where the foot washed up,' he said.

Another forensic expert Professor Johan Duflou expressed similar surprise to Mr Hilton and thought it was possible her body was moved.

'I would have thought it was relatively unlikely the entire body would go that far and remain intact, but whether a shoe can or not, I don't know.'

He suggested police may need to explore the area around where Caddick's foot was found.

NSW Police Assistant Commissioner Mick Willing has also said foul play against Caddick was possible but suicide was more likely.

Bizarre twist as missing Sydney conwoman Melissa Caddick hit with 38 charges - though believed dead | Daily Mail Online
Oh and the "bizarre stories" part could be expounded.

Some information on police decoy vehicles, not in direct response to SLouTHs lead but generally relevant to the group:

"Decoy vehicles are chosen to be similar to those targeted for theft. They can be
used to apprehend those committing crime against the vehicle or, if stolen, to locate
potential ‘chop shops’ where the vehicle may be broken into components or rung1
They can be deployed in locations based on high crime levels or the preferences of
targeted offenders. Decoy vehicles are specially adapted, fitted with technical
devices, making it possible to trap the offender inside the vehicle. More
sophisticated technology, such as tracking devices, fuel cut off switches and parts
marking, may also be used and surveillance is often necessary in the use of this
tactic.

Assessing the Police Use
of Decoy Vehicles
Joanna Sallybanks

About Sting Operations:

They Often Require Partnering With Community and
Business Organizations.

Sting operations almost always require the cooperation of
local community organizations or businesses to provide
community, financial, or logistical support.

For example,
a local car dealer may provide decoy or bait cars, or a
local business may provide office space for a storefront
operation. While there may be some risks involved in
accepting help from businesses in sting operations (for
example, they may expect a break in compliance in other
matters), overall, working closer with communities is
a benefit—even essential—for modern policing.

1 Problem-Oriented Guides for Police
Response Guides Series
No. 6
S t i n g O p e r a t i o n s
by
Graeme R. Newman
with the assistance of Kelly Socia

To me, the thing that is a stand out and a clue is that MC attended that area for a school camp when in high school.
This has several implications.

It would be a coincidence of enormity, to have her foot remains and shoe encasement wash up on the shore of a beach in an area she camped at as a teenage student.

Of all the beaches, you know?

So yes Mr Expert, let's search the area, either for more of MCs remains or for evidence of someone planting the foot and shoe there - or both, actually. Imo
Maybe I've missed something but isn't this just a rumour? Has anyone, preferably more than one person, come forward and said, the camp was at such and such location and the year was this, Melissa and I were both in Year X, I went on that camp and I remember Melissa being there because when we did this together . . . etc. Or has the school confirmed that Melissa attended the camp at a particular location x-hundred metres from where the foot was found, and that was in x month and y year and here are the written records that prove it? (I'm sensitive about the way baseless rumours turn into "common knowledge" due to something that happened at my secondary school.)

About searching the crime scene the body (or remains) are found:

Carefully observe the floor or ground surrounding the body. Look for items of evidence or of evidential value such as stains, marks, etc. Remember to look up too, every crime scene is 3 dimensional.

Another technique to you assist in locating evidence is to shine a flashlight on the ground at an oblique angle. Yes, even in the daytime. Look at the items as they are located. Pay close attention to everything as you approach the body at this time, do not dismiss anything until its evidentuary value can be determined.

Are there any footprints or drag marks? Is there anything on the floor or ground that may be stepped on or destroyed?"

Searching and Examining a Major Case Crime Scene.

Maybe I've missed something but isn't this just a rumour? Has anyone, preferably more than one person, come forward and said, the camp was at such and such location and the year was this, Melissa and I were both in Year X, I went on that camp and I remember Melissa being there because when we did this together . . . etc. Or has the school confirmed that Melissa attended the camp at a particular location x-hundred metres from where the foot was found, and that was in x month and y year and here are the written records that prove it? (I'm sensitive about the way baseless rumours turn into "common knowledge" due to something that happened at my secondary school.)
I have made assumptions it would seem, baseless ones perhaps JLZ

Many things regarding this case I think, "oh that was in the deleted threads", and maybe it was, but I cannot recall if determined as factual.

Thankyou for reminding me to check my facts! (Vicious, petty and nonsensical rumours abound in secondary school, don't they? Sometimes I wish to be young again but quickly remind myself of what a messed up world high school was and that I'd never want to go back to that)

Can anyone help me and JLZ out with confirmation on this?

I have made assumptions it would seem, baseless ones perhaps JLZ

Many things regarding this case I think, "oh that was in the deleted threads", and maybe it was, but I cannot recall if determined as factual.

Thankyou for reminding me to check my facts! (Vicious, petty and nonsensical rumours abound in secondary school, don't they? Sometimes I wish to be young again but quickly remind myself of what a messed up world high school was and that I'd never want to go back to that)

Can anyone help me and JLZ out with confirmation on this?
Melissa Caddick's victims may finally get some money back

Ms Caddick attended a school camp at the same beach when she was younger, and she reportedly had familiarity with that area.

There are several links about Melissa attending school camp at Boundra Beach. I don't think it is a rumour. Sounds like it came from a Peakhurst High School source.

In a bizarre twist, Ms Caddick had previously camped at the very same location on school excursions, her classmates from Peakhurst High School said.
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...dick-s-school-excursions-20210226-p5768j.html

Ms Caddick attended a school camp at the same beach when she was younger, and she reportedly had familiarity with that area.
Melissa Caddick's victims may finally get some money back

Bournda Environmental Education Centre, where Melissa Caddick visited as a school student, on the South Coast of NSW, close to where her running shoe and foot were found.
Credit:Angi High
xx1.JPG
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...icksremainshavebeenfound-20210226-h1u9z8.html

Thanks Slouth and SA. I knew it had been mentioned in MSM, but I'm not believing it on the basis of anonymous "classmates" who could be just repeating what other "classmates" have said.

This helps though--that LE apparently believes that she had a connection to the area:

"Some of the investigators we have spoken to say that's piqued their interest a little bit," Steinfort said this morning. Melissa Caddick's victims may finally get some money back

It's also stated confidently that Melissa at least "visited" Bournda Environmental Education Centre, so a definite place makes it more convincing to me too. Though it would be a lot better if they said what the evidence for her visit was, and whether the visit was for example a week-long camp or an hour's drop-in.

Thanks Slouth and SA. I knew it had been mentioned in MSM, but I'm not believing it on the basis of anonymous "classmates" who could be just repeating what other "classmates" have said.

This helps though--that LE apparently believes that she had a connection to the area:

"Some of the investigators we have spoken to say that's piqued their interest a little bit," Steinfort said this morning. Melissa Caddick's victims may finally get some money back

It's also stated confidently that Melissa at least "visited" Bournda Environmental Education Centre, so a definite place makes it more convincing to me too. Though it would be a lot better if they said what the evidence for her visit was, and whether the visit was for example a week-long camp or an hour's drop-in.

Probably not going to get much more than that. Investigators usually don't go into great detail, and maybe details of an active case cannot be discussed.
Being that it is in MSM means that it is on the table, as far as WS is concerned.

I am more concerned about how AK became the holder of more than $1.95 in his bank account. Reports say he rarely leaves the house, he drives a Mercedes, he pays at least $160 for dog grooming ......

Didn't his investor funds run out a couple of months ago?

The DT article was definitely trying to point out the money angle with regard to AK. imo

I am more concerned about how AK became the holder of more than $1.95 in his bank account. Reports say he rarely leaves the house, he drives a Mercedes, he pays at least $160 for dog grooming ......

Didn't his investor funds run out a couple of months ago?

The DT article was definitely trying to point out the money angle with regard to AK. imo
He was well paid for a while there; perhaps he managed not to spend it all on the very necessary items argued.

Probably not going to get much more than that. Investigators usually don't go into great detail, and maybe details of an active case cannot be discussed.
Being that it is in MSM means that it is on the table, as far as WS is concerned.
I'm OK with it being on the table but I'd rather it wasn't relied on as fact; particularly when it's interpreted to mean Melissa was familiar with the area. I went on up to a dozen camps in secondary school; I'm certainly not familiar with those places let alone to the extent that if I was going into hiding they'd come to mind as comfort zones.

I'm OK with it being on the table but I'd rather it wasn't relied on as fact; particularly when it's interpreted to mean Melissa was familiar with the area. I went on up to a dozen camps in secondary school; I'm certainly not familiar with those places let alone to the extent that if I was going into hiding they'd come to mind as comfort zones.
Yes exactly.

Even if she did go there for school camp it means nothing unless she continued to visit the area when she was an adult. It’s just a coincidence imo.

I’d say this is what happened. Plus he might be getting jobseeker now.

If this is what happened - he 'saved' money from the investor funds he was granted - then he rorted the system and was paid too much. He should have repaid what he didn't need/use for the time period in which it was granted.

It is not okay for him to keep investor funds. He shouldn't have got them in the first place. imo

The investors are peed off enough about that. I am sure they are thrilled to learn that he is driving around in a Mercedes, wearing $5,000 sneakers, taking the dogs for expensive grooming.

I came to the same conclusion after minime posted about it probably being a coincidence and I thought on it.

I think it's time I picked up a good novel to satiate my desire for a thickening plot..or started to write one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway