Found Deceased Australia - Melissa Caddick, 49, Sydney, NSW, 12 Nov 2020 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr M, and everyone, what makes you lean towards murder rather than suicide in this case??
Are you thinking its purely based on more people with "motive" with what MC has done to them re financial ruin? Or something else?
For me.. it's her life as she lived it... the tremendous display, the rabid hoarding and collecting of jewels, shoes, handbags, necklaces, Dior, Chanel, the dogs, the cars, the school for the son, the ..... .. the manner of the way of death , that she chose, according to police, and others... that doesn't jell, for me. For what it's worth.

Also, she must have made many , many enemies along the way. And sure, we hear from cantankerous, and rightly so, 'former investors'.. very controlled in their disparagement, .. but there are people out there who will never advertise their fury. ..

If I can put it this way, her chosen path in life, and the way she chose to display that profit from that scamming placed her in a position to have more enemies , truly lethal enemies than your average Dover Heights housewife. .
I agree with Troops. Plus she had too much respect for herself and her own story. Her body and face seem to have not been modified at all. Visible tattoos, Teeth, lips, breasts etc... Quite rare this day and age. She treated her body with respect from what she ate down to her exercise regime. Her hair seems to be the only thing she changed. Even then, her high school friends said she seemed like the same person. She did not try and rip off high school friends... that was interesting to me. It shows that she has some kind of soft spot or respect for her past. She seemed very comfortable in her own skin. If she had this love of herself, the love of her son would be so much greater. To me, This does not fit someone that would hurl themselves off a cliff into the angry ocean and rocks below... and also makes the Bournda beach connection seem less than coincidental...

I agree with Troops. Plus she had too much respect for herself and her own story. Her body and face seem to have not been modified at all. Visible tattoos, Teeth, lips, breasts etc... Quite rare this day and age. She treated her body with respect from what she ate down to her exercise regime. Her hair seems to be the only thing she changed. Even then, her high school friends said she seemed like the same person. She did not try and rip off high school friends... that was interesting to me. It shows that she has some kind of soft spot or respect for her past. She seemed very comfortable in her own skin. If she had this love of herself, the love of her son would be so much greater. To me, This does not fit someone that would hurl themselves off a cliff into the angry ocean and rocks below... and also makes the Bournda beach connection seem less than coincidental...
BBM. I think it showed that her high school friends had no money.

Good point JLZ ...
I hope that all the investors have come forward, or they could become ineligible for compensation....
Just based on what I've read, there might be some problems for investors who were in SMSFs (self-managed super funds):

"All members of an SMSF are responsible for the fund's decisions and for complying with the law.
These responsibilities come with risks:
You are personally liable for all the fund's decisions — even if you get help from a professional, or if another member made the decision." ...
"If you lose money through theft or fraud, you won't have access to any special compensation schemes or to the Superannuation Complaints Tribunal." BBM
- Self-managed super funds (SMSF), moneysmart.gov.au

Mr M, and everyone, what makes you lean towards murder rather than suicide in this case??
Are you thinking its purely based on more people with "motive" with what MC has done to them re financial ruin? Or something else?
"She went for a run."
BBM. I think it showed that her high school friends had no money.
;)

Just based on what I've read, there might be some problems for investors who were in SMSFs (self-managed super funds):

"All members of an SMSF are responsible for the fund's decisions and for complying with the law.
These responsibilities come with risks:
You are personally liable for all the fund's decisions — even if you get help from a professional, or if another member made the decision." ...
"If you lose money through theft or fraud, you won't have access to any special compensation schemes or to the Superannuation Complaints Tribunal." BBM
- Self-managed super funds (SMSF), moneysmart.gov.au
Good point Stormy....
Would an investment via Maliver still be classed as SMSF as technically they invested with a company??? Albeit one without an AFSL ..... But your post is most likely the outcome for the investors... I just had hope when those other people got their money back....

BBM Agree - the "love of her son" would definitely be classified as a "safety mechanism" in a suicide assessment.....

I now see that ASIC filed those criminal charges for this reason ....

“It is not for ASIC to determine if, or speculate on whether, Ms Caddick is alive," an ASIC spokeswoman told The Australian.
“That is a matter for the NSW Police and — should it come to that — a coroner.”
Fresh twist in case of Melissa Caddick as more charges laid

Essentially, they went ahead and filed charges due to evidence they have found - even though there will be absolutely no repercussions for Melissa, once she is officially declared deceased. imo

I now see that ASIC filed those criminal charges for this reason ....

“It is not for ASIC to determine if, or speculate on whether, Ms Caddick is alive," an ASIC spokeswoman told The Australian.
“That is a matter for the NSW Police and — should it come to that — a coroner.”
Fresh twist in case of Melissa Caddick as more charges laid

Essentially, they went ahead and filed charges due to evidence they have found - even though there will be absolutely no repercussions for Melissa, once she is officially declared deceased. imo
It will be interesting to see whether the charges are dropped should the coroner determine Melissa is dead.

I am looking forward to seeing how Lawyer, Dom Calabria, handles the investors' cases.

"Dom is a highly energetic legal practitioner who is known for his ability to prepare and run large and complex commercial litigation. Clients like Dom because of his direct, sensibly aggressive approach and critical thinking which is focused on getting them the best possible outcome as quickly and cost-effectively as possible."

People | Bridges Lawyers

SUMMARY OF RECENT CHARGES

29 alleged victims
38 new offences
19 counts of falsely claiming to have a financial services licence
18 counts of dishonest conduct in relation to financial products
1 count of not holding an Australian financial services licence when required.

An ASIC-issued warrant for Caddick’s arrest has also been revoked. “It is not for ASIC to determine if, or speculate on whether, Ms Caddick is alive,” an ASIC spokesperson said.

https://7news.com.au/news/crime/fre...-caddick-as-police-lay-more-charges-c-2449672

AS there are 29 alleged victims, I was wondering why there were not

29 counts of falsely claiming to have a financial services licence and
29 counts of dishonest conduct in relation to financial products and
29 counts of not holding an Australian financial services licence when required.

I guess 10 of them were couples.

Is it too unbelievable to think that perhaps Melissa did suicide, and then someone placed her foot plus shoe to make it look like murder? Because that might benefit someone? (Please don't ask me what I mean, because I'm not very well at the moment, and my brain is refusing to see where this could leado_O)

I wondered about a dog walker, but dogs are great social instigators...I am sure they were props for 'event's.. '.. like running into elderly people with time and money etc...

It is difficult for me to believe that she didn't check out her location, the exact location of where she was intending to end her life. She was meticulous and highly detailed in her scope of scam, and fraud, leaving hardly anything to chance, .sure, a few errors, but they mostly passed muster, for a very long time.

There surely would be camera footage of the runs she went on previously. Where she went, where she stopped and checked out stuff. I just can't believe she would hurl herself off an unknown and uninvestigated piece of cliff, not knowing if it was shelved, or the depth, or the rocks. So disfiguring, and not in the strata of how women suicide, according to stats..
If she went up Dover Rd towards the cliffs then there probably isn’t any camera footage. Google maps shows very few houses on that route with cameras, and the one or two that do aren’t pointing towards the road / street.

It’s also noteworthy imo that the quickest walking route to the cliffs via Dover Rd also leads up to the part of the cliffs that if one were to jump off to the sea.... well that part gives you the best chance of going out to sea, depending on the tide of course. I can see how the police have come to their suicide conclusion (for now). I’m still open.

Last edited:
Now Media are stating that ASIC are dropping the charges tomorrow.......
Paraphrased from The Daily Telegraph

Dozens of criminal charges laid against Melissa Caddick will be dropped on Tuesday by ASIC

It follows the Australian and Securities and Investment Commission last week withdrawing the arrest warrant.

MC had been charged with not holding a financial services licence, 19 counts of falsely holding out that she had a financial services licence and 18 counts of dishonest conduct in relation to providing financial services.

They are listed for Downing Centre Local Court tomorrow.

ASIC ready to drop criminal charges against Melissa Caddick | Daily Telegraph

Now Media are stating that ASIC are dropping the charges tomorrow.......
Paraphrased from The Daily Telegraph

Dozens of criminal charges laid against Melissa Caddick will be dropped on Tuesday by ASIC

It follows the Australian and Securities and Investment Commission last week withdrawing the arrest warrant.

MC had been charged with not holding a financial services licence, 19 counts of falsely holding out that she had a financial services licence and 18 counts of dishonest conduct in relation to providing financial services.

They are listed for Downing Centre Local Court tomorrow.

ASIC ready to drop criminal charges against Melissa Caddick | Daily Telegraph
The above article also goes on to say (paraphrased)

The Federal Court has a two-day hearing scheduled for next week to appoint liquidators to her affairs and those of her company Maliver.

And the hunt for the millions Caddick, conned out of devastated investors will continue.

The figure now being quoted by the media is $13 Million as missing.....

Does anyone else think its slightly bizarre that at the end of last week ASIC were adding more charges and that today they are dropping them???? (as per the media)

Wonder what the "real story" is here???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member