Found Deceased Australia - Melissa Caddick, 49, Sydney, NSW, 12 Nov 2020 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems Clan Grimley wants to blame ASIC for Caddick's death. Apparently can't accept that their daughter/sister was a criminal who topped herself to avoid the consequences.

“How do you feel about being responsible for Melissa’s death?” Melissa Caddick’s brother asked the lead investigator into Caddick’s multimillion-dollar Ponzi scheme, an inquest has heard.

. . .

Caddick’s mother, Barbara Grimley, has made similar accusations.

Umpteen years ago, I read an article somewhere about how some rich homeowners in LA (I think it was) deliberately made the home look rundown from the outside, eg graffiti on the front fence/wall. Makes sense I suppose. Not that this house looks bad, it just doesn't look anything special. IMO

Melissa Caddick investigator denies feeling responsible for her death​

An investigator from the corporate watchdog has denied feeling responsible for Melissa Caddick's suspected death after it was suggested to her by the fraudster's brother.
Isabella Allen from the Australian Securities and Investments Commission said Adam Grimley asked her the loaded question in June 2021.
"How do you feel being responsible for Melissa's death?" Grimley told Allen, she said on Monday in the NSW Coroner's Court.

"Do you feel responsible for her death?" her lawyer John Sutton asked.
"No, I was doing my job," Allen said.
She also denied the accusation that ASIC officers were "parading" around the expensive luxury items they were seizing from Caddick on November 11, 2020.

Nor did she see anyone putting on Caddick's clothing or hanging jewellery around their neck, "giggling and laughing".

I believe AK was the only one there at the raid who could make these accusations. Oh reaaaally?

“She also denied the accusation that ASIC officers were "parading" around the expensive luxury items they were seizing from Caddick on November 11, 2020”

…..putting on Caddick's clothing or hanging jewellery around their neck, "giggling and laughing".

Oh right….

Caddick's husband, Anthony Koletti, has since made several complaints to police about Allen's behaviour during the raid.
And Caddick's mother Barbara Grimley holds ASIC responsible for her daughter's suspected death, saying she was highly distressed during the raid and was not allowed any food or water.
Allen described "as fantasy" the suggestion she was to blame for the current situation
74E399E6-3E70-4721-B0AE-9337B30ACBD2.jpeg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Followed enough cases where the accused‘s families tangentially pile on someone else and it is really frustrating. There is overwhelming evidence of MC’s criminality and IMO her family is being petty and disruptive by what they are suggesting. To me it seems ludicrous. But maybe those statements were made before they understood the full scope of her damaging actions. I hope they are not going to sue ASIC because as a member of the public I would really take exception to this; our interests are at stake here too.

An interesting video of AK leaving the property for the last time as it is readied for sale.

Amusing to see Koletti going through the motions of vacuuming for the camera given what the liquidator found:

Gleeson, a principal at insolvency firm Jones Partners, said he was shocked at the state of the house when Caddick’s husband, Anthony Koletti, vacated in May. As well as rotting food in the fridge, Koletti, a hairdresser, DJ and sometimes prawn breeder, left behind unwanted pieces of furniture as well as his fish tanks.

I think AK was unaccustomed to cleaning that big house, with its three bathrooms. Good for the investors that it’s value has appreciated, although Sydney housing market in a bit of a downturn I think. Fingers crossed for a great price for them.

Also agreeing with MC being responsible for her own actions. I do have sympathy for her mother, but regurgitating the “not allowed to eat” line and blaming ASIC not good. I wonder if there is bodycam footage of the whole day of the raid. I’d be Interested to see if AKs allegations of the way that day went are true.

Seems Clan Grimley wants to blame ASIC for Caddick's death. Apparently can't accept that their daughter/sister was a criminal who topped herself to avoid the consequences.

“How do you feel about being responsible for Melissa’s death?” Melissa Caddick’s brother asked the lead investigator into Caddick’s multimillion-dollar Ponzi scheme, an inquest has heard.

. . .

Caddick’s mother, Barbara Grimley, has made similar accusations.

The G's live in a fantasy land. Too bad ASIC is responsible for bursting that bubble to protect the public, how dare they.

MOO

Melissa Caddick’s husband set to break silence over conwoman’s disappearance​

Melissa Caddick’s husband is set to break his silence about the fraudster’s disappearance when he takes the stand at a coronial inquest on Tuesday.

……after the court heard her family had pointed the finger at investigators over her suspected death.

Melissa Caddick’s husband is set to break his silence about the fraudster’s disappearance when he takes the stand at a coronial inquest on Tuesday.
Break his silence? Seems to me he's done nothing but talk (and 'sing') about it ever since. Gotta love News Corp headlines.

……after the court heard her family had pointed the finger at investigators over her suspected death.

Wish I could attend AK's court showing. Should be very interesting. If the G's would let people in to watch, that is :p

MOO MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member