GUILTY Australia - Morgan Huxley, 31, stabbed to death, Neutral Bay, NSW, 8 Sept 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Police probe possible links between fantasy and murder of ladies man Morgan Huxley

October 12, 2013

POLICE are investigating links between a popular fantasy novel in which the protagonist stabs a man in the throat and the murder of Morgan Huxley

Police yesterday confirmed they were examining the plot of one of Feist's most recent books, Jimmy and The Crawler, published in February this year, because of similarities between the storyline and the way Huxley, 31, was killed.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...an-morgan-huxley/story-fni0cx12-1226738606127
Very interesting! My husband is going to get a copy tomorrow. He said it's only short so it should be quick to read. I looked online for a plot synopsis but couldn't find much. It doesn't have great reviews.

I'm convincing him that it's better for him to read it than me. He can give us a summary and I can avoid reading a book I'm not interested in ;)

And DJK is refusing to talk to police ... (from marly's link above)

Maybe they should take his book away from him.

And DJK is refusing to talk to police ... (from marly's link above)

Maybe they should take his book away from him.

Is there a copy of the article which isn't behind a paywall? I've used up my free DailyTelegraph views.

Is there a copy of the article which isn't behind a paywall? I've used up my free DailyTelegraph views.

I made a fake gmail account and subscribed .. So we have to pay after awhile for these too? Yay .. Not. The Telegraph is bad enough when you find it on a train, but to actually PAY for it .. ?

Welcome, Northern Beaches! (I am loving all these new people, many Aussies too.. sad we're meeting under these circumstances, but still.. )

I'm really curious about the larceny charge too - someone was wondering a while ago how the police knew he'd stolen money.. I thought maybe there was blood on it, but a wallet makes perfect sense!

Im wondering if its a ring. Morgan may have had a untanned band mark on his finger and a ring was missing. Maybe jewelry...
Just a thought - it might have been something DJK tried to hock, sell, or wear.
Still curious about a third person.

Very interesting! My husband is going to get a copy tomorrow. He said it's only short so it should be quick to read. I looked online for a plot synopsis but couldn't find much. It doesn't have great reviews.

I'm convincing him that it's better for him to read it than me. He can give us a summary and I can avoid reading a book I’m not interested in ;)

Hey Fruity, Tell your husband a book report is due no later than Monday morning!:floorlaugh:
Thanks in advance to your husband for taking one for the team! Looking forward to his summary.

Im wondering if its a ring. Morgan may have had a untanned band mark on his finger and a ring was missing. Maybe jewelry...

Just on the rings. It seems DJK has two rings on left hand in the photo of him holding the book. (nicee bracelets too...lol.)

They've stated it was cash, but didn't disclose the amount.

That's how come we were wondering how they knew DJK had stolen money. If it was in a wallet that was obviously missing, that'd explain it.

I have wondered this too, that either there was no intention to kill MH that night and then something triggered him into a fit of rage and he was trying to kill, or in that fit of rage he was just trying to injure him. His plans didn't seem as thought out to cover his tracts as much, he may have panicked, grabbed the knife and fled. Do we know who made the triple 000 call? I remember reading somewhere the call was made at 3.01, and somewhere else that the flat mate arrived home after after 3. DJK could have fled, called 000 and by pure coincidence MH flat mate arrived home moments later, found MH and made a second call to 000. But I'm sure there would be phone records and that with all those details.

Good sleuthing, AJM...

I am still puzzled by the reports that the 000 call came at 3:01 a.m....

and that the flat mate came home after 3:00 a.m....

It sounds like she would not have been there to make the original 000 call...

:dunno:

I live in a highly populated area. There is a couple who always do their grocery shopping at the same time as us. I have to travel a short distance to the supermarket. But I would be able to identify the couple in a crowded room, no worries. It's almost awkward. Most people tend to be creatures of habit. If police were to investigate they would not be able to find a link to myself and that couple. But we are familiar to each other.

I have thought all along that the media running with the 14 women thing was a laugh. I know plenty of single guys who might have one or two really close female friends, then a few regular hook ups, add into that a random Saturday night, could easily see how someone might be thought to be 'involved' with so many women.

Good point, Jamie, about the distinction between "knowing" someone... And being " familiar" with someone...

I wonder if this distinction is a playing a part in the LE investigation...
(When LE says it appears MH and DJK didn't "know" each other ....My own words)
:waitasec:

Good sleuthing, AJM...

I am still puzzled by the reports that the 000 call came at 3:01 a.m....

and that the flat mate came home after 3:00 a.m....

It sounds like she would not have been there to make the original 000 call...

:dunno:

As with a few other things in this case, there appears to be conflicting reports about the flatmate... ie...asleep, not long home from friends. But all the reports say she made the 000 call at 3.01am.

September 12, 2013

Mr Huxley's Irish flatmate told police that a noise woke her up and she found Mr Huxley bleeding heavily from a number of wounds in his bedroom about 3am.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/friends-l...iness-owner-20130912-2tnuw.html#ixzz2hQJnl7u3

Ms Redmond is believed to have been out with friends on the Saturday night and got back to the unit shortly before 3am

http://www.irishecho.com.au/2013/10/09/man-charged-over-huxley-murder/29249

Police said she was at home at the time

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/...-bay-in-hunt-for-morgan-huxleys-killer/?cs=11

Interesting/eerie info about "the book" in the latest report.

Magician, by Raymond E. Feist, tells the story of Pug, an orphaned kitchen-hand who becomes a magician's apprentice.

It was the first book of 30 written as part of the series known to fans as the Riftwar Cycle.

More than 30 years after the book was written, Feist brought his much-loved series to an end in May this year.

The blurb to Magician's End reads: “Now it will all end. Readers will finally discover the fate of the original black Magician, Pug, and his friends. Will they survive? Or will someone die?”

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/morgan-hu...pped-sydney-20131011-2vcva.html#ixzz2hOLmerBa

Yes... These are eerie/interesting facts about the book...

I wonder if DJK could possibly have been adopted, too..

I understand, in some cases, adoption can bring thoughts of "I don't belong" to the one adopted... Feeling "out of place" within the family...

could this have been another factor in DJK's rage...

and his choice of recreating himself?

There is nothing in MSM to back this up...

I am merely speculating...

JMO...

Additionally... The fact that this decades long series of books came to an end fairly recently (May of this year) may have left JDK feeling empty... Since he could no longer follow a beloved fantasy life within those books?

More speculating here...

JMO

I'm working on setting up a timeline/media thread for Morgan's case. Not sure when it will be ready as Marly keeps getting distracted by some of the conflicting reports.

Things such as the following....this is dated Sept 10th...two days after the murder.

Police have not said where or how many times he was stabbed or what type of weapon was used. But they denied earlier reports he had been stabbed in the back up to 30 times

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/police-in...ith-friends-20130909-2tga5.html#ixzz2hPrL1SMc

An investigating officer said reports he was knifed up to 30 times were false but confirmed he suffered stab wounds to his back.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/friends-l...iness-owner-20130912-2tnuw.html#ixzz2hQIlOm7w

Yet some sections of media, especially DailyTelegraph, have continued on with the "28 stab wounds" right up until tonight's report.

SydneyMorningHerald is the only outlet that is going with "about a dozen".

Great new article - because he was wearing a black chef's jacket, it would be near impossible to see blood splatter at night time. Obviously his pants were probably splattered as well, but at night time he had a pretty good chance of avoiding detection - dark, not many people around.

Wonder what the deal was with Morgan standing on that corner for minutes? Was he doing anything - looking at his phone? He didn't talk to anyone, but I'd love to know if he was just staring into space/waiting for someone to arrive? or using his phone to text or something else.

I'm also curious about whether any of DJK's past lovers will come forward (if there are any of course).

Ooohhh Yes! I would be VERY interested in hearing (reading) from DJK's friends and lovers!

JMO...

As Morgan Huxley took what would be his final steps, a figure walks 100 metres behind him. A man dressed in chequered pants and a long-sleeved black chef's jacket starts to quicken his pace.

When he reaches the Oaks Hotel on Military Road in Neutral Bay, he breaks into a jog. Then he runs. The ginger-haired man is carrying a satchel over his shoulder and catches up to Huxley, who is waiting at a set of traffic lights.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/morgan-hu...pped-sydney-20131011-2vcva.html#ixzz2hOn56g00

The above, running to catch up, reminds me so much of the way Jill Meagher's killer stalked her before killing her.

Could DJK have had the knife or even a fake gun at Morgan's back once he caught up to him or once they reached the unit??

Police believe he allowed his alleged killer inside.

Good point...

Maybe MH DID allow the killer into his house...

But only under duress... By being threatened with a knife or gun or ???

JMO

This is just a random post of appreciation for all you Sleuthers...

You are all so dang SMART!

and so compassionate...

I am proud to be a mate along side ya! (Hope it is alright that I used an Australian term... Even though I am from the states... I love the Australian vernacular! :sunshine:)

:yourock:

So Borderline .. I wonder? http://outofthefog.net/Disorders/BPD.html

• Frantic efforts to avoid real or imagined abandonment. [Not including suicidal or self-mutilating behavior covered in Criterion 5]
  • A pattern of unstable and intense interpersonal relationships characterized by alternating between extremes of idealization and devaluation.
  • Identity disturbance: markedly and persistently unstable self-image or sense of self.
  • Impulsivity in at least two areas that are potentially self-damaging (e.g., spending, promiscuous sex, eating disorders, substance abuse, reckless driving, binge eating). [Again, not including suicidal or self-mutilating behavior covered in Criterion 5]
  • Recurrent suicidal behavior, gestures, or threats, or self-mutilating behavior.
  • Affective instability due to a marked reactivity of mood (e.g., intense episodic dysphoria, irritability, or anxiety usually lasting a few hours and only rarely more than a few days)
  • Chronic feelings of emptiness.
  • Inappropriate, intense anger or difficulty controlling anger (e.g., frequent displays of temper, constant anger, recurrent physical fights).
  • Transient, stress-related paranoid ideation or severe dissociative symptoms.

This is an interesting possible diagnosis...

My experiences with people having (possible) Borderline Personality are that they are gregarious and have difficulty recognizing "boundaries" (thus talking incessantly about subjects most others would perceive as "TMI").... In other words... They have been extroverts, not introverts, in my experience...

I wonder how a Borderline Personality presents in an introverted person...(like DJK)...

:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member