GUILTY Australia - Morgan Huxley, 31, stabbed to death, Neutral Bay, NSW, 8 Sept 2013 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally off topic but interesting and made me laugh in a 'not so funny' kind of way. I found out a few months ago that teenagers can't be diagnosed as sociopaths because so many regular teenage behaviours fit into the diagnostic criteria for sociopaths. It certainly explains why it's so hard to live with them!

The problem with teenagers is that they are biologically adults living in a world that insists on treating them as children. Consequently they don't start learning to behave like adults until they have left school and entered the adult world. They go through this period where they are in a sort of limbo, that is what generates the negative behaviours. I would bet that most of those problems would go away if children were raised to start assuming the responsibilities of adulthood when they hit puberty.

My first ever posting...
You all are truly amazing in your thoughtful reflections on what might have happened that night...
What if it was the other way around?
What if MH was the sociopathic one with S&M tendencies?
Good looking with big smile having 14 women on his books at any given time: not a definition of a honest truth telling lover...
Perhaps MH pushed the envelop to hard in their sexual adventure, DJK could not take it anymore , and stabbed him in self defence... And lost the plot since then...
Few comments re the issues discussed earlier on:
1) walking bare foot is a recent Sydney fad. Most of my students in fact walk into their uni lectures with no shoes on... I think outward insignia of 'laid back surfy tribe' or wannabes
2) no gay or straight man or woman would not let a stranger into their home after they just met them on the street. However friendly Aussies may be, that's not something that would happen. 1:30 am.
3) the fact that DJK ran after MH to me suggests that this was a hook up and they were familiar with each other

Welcome dcohenist! So glad you decided to join us. Additional perspective is always helpful ... keeps us on our toes!

:welcome5:

Interesting about the barefoot fad (just wait till summer though - walking on that hot pavement .. ooch .. aghh .. eek! Bet thongs come right back in style then.)

Agree with you about inviting a complete stranger that you 'met two minutes ago walking down the street' in at 1:30am - we are friendly, but that is pushing the barrel too far for me - especially if your innocent flatmate is asleep in her room. Morgan must have felt a degree of protectiveness toward her.

Agree about the probability of a hookup - that seems a far more likely reason to have someone come into your home at 1:30am, unless they were a mate - and I think Morgan 'knew' DJK, for the flatmate reason I stated above.

Just catching up - you've all been busy!!

I've been thinking about whether anyone else had seen a dark side of DJK. If he was meeting men, the chances of those men coming forward would probably depend a lot on whether they want to keep that part of their life a secret. Even though a murder has occurred, some men may prefer to keep quiet if it means they protect their image - like if they were married with kids.

Makes me wonder if he's ever tried to hurt someone else, or had things go too far but it was never reported.

Just catching up - you've all been busy!!

I've been thinking about whether anyone else had seen a dark side of DJK. If he was meeting men, the chances of those men coming forward would probably depend a lot on whether they want to keep that part of their life a secret. Even though a murder has occurred, some men may prefer to keep quiet if it means they protect their image - like if they were married with kids.

Makes me wonder if he's ever tried to hurt someone else, or had things go too far but it was never reported.

Hopefully, anyone who may have been familiar with DJK before would offer any personal insight to the investigating officers, even if it is under the cloud of anonymity.

With DJK's parents knowing he was gay, I would think that there would have been some type of prior relationship(s). Unless they just knew from magazines he bought or something. I'm not sure that people discuss/mention their sexuality with/to their parents unless there is a reason (like birth control).

Hopefully, anyone who may have been familiar with DJK before would offer any personal insight to the investigating officers, even if it is under the cloud of anonymity.

With DJK's parents knowing he was gay, I would think that there would have been some type of prior relationship(s). Unless they just knew from magazines he bought or something. I'm not sure that people discuss/mention their sexuality with/to their parents unless there is a reason (like birth control).

Totally agree SouthAussie. But anonymity would be hard to give in this case I would say, particularly if they were needed to give evidence. Usually anonymity would only apply if someone's life was in danger IMO, but we might need a legal expert (Ali? LegallyBrunette?) to shed some light on this.

I guess they could give a statement without agreeing to testify, but that probably wouldn't be useful to the prosecution if they can't use it.

Can't they give sworn statements - under the name 'Mr X' with only police knowing their identity? Or have I watched too much TV? You're right ... Alioop or LB would know.

Totally agree SouthAussie. But anonymity would be hard to give in this case I would say, particularly if they were needed to give evidence. Usually anonymity would only apply if someone's life was in danger IMO, but we might need a legal expert (Ali? LegallyBrunette?) to shed some light on this.

I guess they could give a statement without agreeing to testify, but that probably wouldn't be useful to the prosecution if they can't use it.

He will be tried on the evidence regarding whether he committed the crime. Past behaviour is not usually allowed to be brought up because it unnecessarily influences a jury as I understand it.

He will be tried on the evidence regarding whether he committed the crime. Past behaviour is not usually allowed to be brought up because it unnecessarily influences a jury as I understand it.

I think past behaviour is admissible, but past criminal convictions are not?

I think past behaviour is admissible, but past criminal convictions are not?

I think you're right Strangeworld. Especially if DJK isn't talking. Police will need to establish a pattern of behaviour, if there is one. More info for their fact sheet.

I think JR's testimony will be very important to the prosecution's case. Not only for events that night/morning, but also if Morgan's previous pattern of behaviour is required to help prove their case. Poor girl .. what a living nightmare she woke up to!

Just throwing this out there, as subtly as possible.

But where I grew up? That one guy seen hanging around the main street shops on his own every day wasn't carrying x-box games in his bag...

So yeah. There might be an alternate explanation for how DJK made his money, and why he was out eating takeaway five days a week, twice a day. As well as how he got himself into (a very drunk) Morgan's apartment, while the flatmate was home (or due home, I should say). As well as why Morgan wasn't really up for defending himself, as well as the stolen cash.

Just throwing this out there, as subtly as possible.

But where I grew up? That one guy seen hanging around the main street shops on his own every day wasn't carrying x-box games in his bag...

So yeah. There might be an alternate explanation for how DJK made his money, and why he was out eating takeaway five days a week, twice a day. As well as how he got himself into (a very drunk) Morgan's apartment, while the flatmate was home. As well as why Morgan wasn't really up for defending himself, as well as the stolen cash.

It does seem suss, doesn't it? I can't help thinking where we were only a week ago with our theories - boy what a difference an arrest makes :scared:

Edit: we haven't really touched much on the possibility of DJK and drugs, have we. I remember in Gary Tweedle's case, it was like an elephant in the room until MSM discussed it. I wonder if it will be the case here? He certainly wasn't selling candy canes on the corner!

I guess that could also be a reason for police stating they were waiting on forensics and toxicology results to determine exactly when Morgan was attacked. I haven't been able to figure that part out .. how toxicology reports would help them figure out the time frame of the attack ...and it has been bugging me!

Unless there is some other reason for toxicology reports helping them work out the time frame?

Well, if we can discuss prostitution...

Anyway. What kind of leads me in that direction (and I am NOT suggesting Morgan was on drugs, this is all about DJK at this stage, please note) is that we know he ate at the pizza shop five days a week, the Thai place three times a week, and hung about the coffee shop a lot drinking his soft drinks or w/e and relaxing with his book. PLUS -all- the businesses and people working for them up and down that strip knew him, so it's looking like he spent a great deal of time every week hanging about that little area. When he lived a kilometer away.. and the Cooking School says he didn't work there, in any capacity. Despite that he always carried his "chef's kit" - possibly in that satchel.

What I would just love right now? Is if we knew -how much- time, exactly, DJK spent every day hanging about each of the businesses in that block of shops. And whether anyone working in the School actually recalls him being there for work.

Not difficult questions to be asking, if anyone (like.. a reporter, say) was inclined to go about it.

Off topic:

Fantastic article - worth a read:

http://www.news.com.au/national-new...er-martin-bryant/story-fncynjr2-1226738815697

My time with mass killer Martin Bryant
Former police officer Phil Pyke was handed the grim task of guarding Australia's worst mass murderer Martin Bryant in the hospital after the Port Arthur massacre in 1996. He had met Bryant before and been shocked by his callous attitude to the death of his father. But it was watching over the killer in the hours after the tragedy that he gained a unique insight into Bryant's evil nature. These are his never-heard-before thoughts from that time:

Cheers for the article!

Just another smidge of info re the Cooking School - DJK is said to have been wearing a black "chef's outfit" of some sort. Here's what most pics of the SCS show people wearing:

12753_search_listing_image.png

So yeah. DJK worked there. Or... he didn't. :propeller:

Yeah ... I thought that was pretty odd too. Black shirt and harlequin pants, or was it checked pants ... same thing, aren't they? Cafe's often have black shirts/black pants. Restaurants often have white shirts/dark pants. And all the chefs I've seen do the all-white thing (show-offs .. just because they don't splash stuff all over themselves when they cook!)

I'm not a chef, but I do cook at my local pub from time to time when their cook is away. I don't take my own knives as I don't do enough prep to really care. But yes chefs can be really uptight about their knives and who touches them and it's common to carry them with them if no secure locker is available at work .
This past week I've been using a bunch of different knives, it's odd for me using knives I don't own , when I open the draw I look at the knives, pick up a few and flick my thumb across to see which ones are sharp (I despise blunt knives) and from there select a suitable knife for my task.
Each knife I've picked up, I think of DJK and MH, I hold the knife and think 'hell no' this is not a good feel for a weapon. Until I was in the store room and trying to open a box of frozen fish, I looked around and on the shelf was a 'paring' style knife, it was a great fit for my hand with a small handle and at 2-3 inch blade and when I held it to open the box I just felt like it could be comfortably used as a weapon.

A knife like this would also make slashing or shallow incisions rather than deep gashes or stab wounds.

Just thought I'd share my perspective, feel free to make of it what you will.

I'm not a chef, but I do cook at my local pub from time to time when their cook is away. I don't take my own knives as I don't do enough prep to really care. But yes chefs can be really uptight about their knives and who touches them and it's common to carry them with them if no secure locker is available at work .
This past week I've been using a bunch of different knives, it's odd for me using knives I don't own , when I open the draw I look at the knives, pick up a few and flick my thumb across to see which ones are sharp (I despise blunt knives) and from there select a suitable knife for my task.
Each knife I've picked up, I think of DJK and MH, I hold the knife and think 'hell no' this is not a good feel for a weapon. Until I was in the store room and trying to open a box of frozen fish, I looked around and on the shelf was a 'paring' style knife, it was a great fit for my hand with a small handle and at 2-3 inch blade and when I held it to open the box I just felt like it could be comfortably used as a weapon.

A knife like this would also make slashing or shallow incisions rather than deep gashes or stab wounds.

Just thought I'd share my perspective, feel free to make of it what you will.

Paring knife sounds good to me ... and I agree, they allow a lot more control. As well as being small and fairly easy to conceal - if it wasn't in his satchel. I'm just not convinced he was enough of a cook to be carrying expensive chef's knives around. But I guess if he was a student, then maybe. Are we sure that students need their own knives?

I prefer paring knives for cooking prep most of the time - they are just so ... handy! I've been liking a Stanley knife for the attack, but a paring knife really fits the bill (to me) as well. Easy to hide after the attack as well, just plunge it into some dirt somewhere and step down to make sure it is well into the ground. Would be very hard to find without a metal detector.

Well, looks like Kelsall's talking. Seems he contacted police --voluntarily---

"He told police that he and Huxley engaged in a consensual sexual activity before he left Huxley's unit sometime before 3am.

Mr Kelsall then allegedly told police he saw a ''young woman'' going into Huxley's unit as he was leaving. What happened next, he did not know.

It is understood police have not accepted Mr Kelsall's version of the night's events."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/huxleys-a...sources-say-20131012-2vf60.html#ixzz2hVursqwN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henry Cooper