GUILTY Australia - Morgan Huxley, 31, stabbed to death, Neutral Bay, NSW, 8 Sept 2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I looked at the court lists to see what is happening. It says that DJK will be fronting up for arraignment on 8th August (Friday), presumably for Morgan's murder.

He'll also be attending court for a mention on 18th August - could be the result of his July appearance in the child *advertiser censored* charges. Haven't seen a separate case number for the larceny charges yet.

08 Aug 10:00 Arraignment Criminal Supreme Justice P Johnson Law Courts Building Court 13A Queens Square Sydney R v DANIEL JACK KELSALL 201300302108
18 Aug 09:30 Mention (Police) Criminal Local Unassigned Central Unassigned R v DANIEL JACK KELSALL 201400070850

http://searchcourtlists.lawlink.nsw.gov.au/scm/search

DJK will be going in front of Justice Peter Johnson for the murder case. Justice Johnson is currently presiding over Robert Xie's trial (who murdered 5 family members http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-08-04/robert-xie-murder-trial-to-hear-sexual-abuse-claims/5646420 ).

Thank you, SouthAussie, for the updates and refreshers of the court dates for DJK!

:tyou:

Just wanted to mention, too, that I wouldn't think that DJK's murder trial will start till early next year. Justice Johnson has advised the jurors in the trial he is currently presiding over that the trial may interfere with their Xmas holidays .. and he has set aside 4 months for that trial, which starts today.

Unless, of course, another judge steps in for DJK's trial, and Justice Johnson is only doing DJK's arraignment. Or Judge Johnson can run two intense trials at the same time. :dunno:

Just wanted to mention, too, that I wouldn't think that DJK's murder trial will start till early next year. Justice Johnson has advised the jurors in the trial he is currently presiding over that the trial may interfere with their Xmas holidays .. and he has set aside 4 months for that trial, which starts today.

Unless, of course, another judge steps in for DJK's trial, and Justice Johnson is only doing DJK's arraignment. Or Judge Johnson can run two intense trials at the same time. :dunno:

Thanks for the "heads up" on the possible timing of the trial, SouthAussie!

:seeya:

The fabulous Clue just reminded me that DJK's in court for his arraignment tomorrow morn. Thanks Clue! :seeya:

So I'm now reminding everyone else too! Let's see what happens......

The fabulous Clue just reminded me that DJK's in court for his arraignment tomorrow morn. Thanks Clue! :seeya:

So I'm now reminding everyone else too! Let's see what happens......

My pleasure... :seeya:

I am in the U.S. .... So It takes me a while to figure out the date/time difference between Neutral Bay, AU and SoCal, U.S.... (We are 17 hour "behind"...:lookingitup: :D)

He's still on the court schedule for 10am Sydney time ... about 40 mins away ... hope those court reporters are logged in to their Twitter accounts already. :waiting:

Though I expect it will be a quick arraignment - with a plea (finally!)

It is 11 months, to the day (8th), since Morgan was murdered.

He's still on the court schedule for 10am Sydney time ... about 40 mins away ... hope those court reporters are logged in to their Twitter accounts already. :waiting:

Though I expect it will be a quick arraignment - with a plea (finally!)

It is 11 months, to the day (8th), since Morgan was murdered.

It will be interesting to see if any of DJK's family members will be there for his support?

:waitasec:

I just want to know truth of it all. Not that I expect any kind of truth to come from Kelsall, but hopefully the trial will help clear up what went on that night. I never did and still do not believe this was any kind of "booty call". I think whatever sexual expectations went on were purely in the mind of the disturbed individual who stabbed Morgan to death and then showed up for work like nothing happened.

Well, Nick Ralston is in Sydney court this morning ... he has twittered about disgraced former cop Roger Rogerson appearing there this morning.

Waiting for something about Kelsall from him. :crossfingers:

https://twitter.com/NickDRalston

I just want to know truth of it all. Not that I expect any kind of truth to come from Kelsall, but hopefully the trial will help clear up what went on that night. I never did and still do not believe this was any kind of "booty call". I think whatever sexual expectations went on were purely in the mind of the disturbed individual who stabbed Morgan to death and then showed up for work like nothing happened.

Hopefully, the truth can be put together from the evidence.

A man accused of stabbing small-business owner Morgan Huxley to death in his Neutral Bay unit has made some comments that may constitute an admission, a Sydney court has heard.

Mr Breton indicated that the alleged admissions would be disputed.

The prosecution told the court that the case against Mr Kelsall was a "circumstantial case" .......

Mr Kelsall's lawyer, George Breton, told the NSW Supreme Court on Friday that a high-profile silk had been set to represent his client at trial but that "couldn't continue".

He calmly answered "not guilty, your honour" as the charges of indecent assault, murder and stealing a mobile phone were read out.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/morgan-hu...-to-murder-20140808-101unn.html#ixzz39m7b6wqm

Daniel Jack Kelsall pleads not guilty to Neutral Bay murder of Morgan Huxley
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...m=twitter&nk=01cf1083442df623aab8bd2847cfbc3f

The trial is estimated to last four weeks.

Kelsall might also have to apply for legal aid, the court heard.

It is alleged Kelsall followed Mr Huxley home to his Neutral Bay unit in the early hours of September 8 with the intention of having sex with the popular 31-year-old.

Documents previously tendered to the court claimed the indecent assault involved Kelsall allegedly touching Mr Huxley’s penis after breaking into the home about 2.55am.

Good luck getting off if he's already made some 'admissions' :facepalm:

I wonder if they're going to keep running with the 'a woman entered the flat after I left and she's the killer' argument?

Or run with the mental illness angle?

I suspect one of his 'admissions' is about the touching of Morgan's penis.

That line always seems weirdly specific - like how on earth would LE know that happened?

Evidently DJK told them.......

Kelsall, 21, appeared briefly via audio video link at the NSW Supreme Court on Friday where he pleaded not guilty to the murder.

He also pleaded not guilty to the additional charges of indecent assault, larceny and entering a home.

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/loca...d-pleads-not-guilty.html#sthash.7VXB0lzc.dpuf

So, DJK evidently appeared by video link again. The way that the Daily Telegraph said he wore 'prison greens and glasses, and stared straight ahead', I wasn't sure.
And now we all wait for 7 months for the trial, and justice for Morgan and his family.

Parents of accused killer speak ahead of Morgan Huxley trial

The parents of a young man charged with the murder of Neutral Bay businessman Morgan Huxley say they often think about the grief and loss of the victim's family.

Mark and Lynne Kelsall are preparing to support their son Daniel Jack Kelsall, 22, through his trial which is expected to begin in the NSW Supreme Court in Sydney this week.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/parents-o...d-of-morgan-huxley-trial-20150228-13rebm.html

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back