GUILTY Australia - Morgan Huxley, 31, stabbed to death, Neutral Bay, NSW, 8 Sept 2013 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you ladies for all of the updates. Much appreciated.

I've just been too angry to even say much here, over Kelsall's defense and his lies.. similar rage level to Arias here... same smug *advertiser censored* arrogance. fully expecting people to believe the unbelievable.

BBM. Yep, I'm with you there Ausgirl. I'm fully expecting a guilty verdict sometime tomorrow.

"Going to jail depended on whether he wanted to get caught"

DJK thinks he can outsmart everyone. Ran out without seeing who the intruder(s) were - it would not have been a big room. Also, took a phone and money but didn't see what was happening and with whom? Had MH blood on his bag & glasses although when he ran out they were just struggling and he didn't fear for MH's life (which doesn't make sense due to blood splatter & also why did he not call for help for MH when he escaped). It's all been manufactured around the evidence the defence has uncovered (contacting ex girlfriends, run-ins at work).

Why didn't the prosecution dig further in to his story? Or did they think it was so far fetched the jury wouldn't believe it?

I was wondering maybe even hoping about a mental illness.
Maybe more for his parents - how shocking for them.

Silly me I should have believed DK when he said "He sounded psychopathic"
If this wasn't already his new diagnosis I suspect it will not be long. imo

YES!!!!!

DK and his defense came up with the most outrageous scenario and expected the jury to believe it?!!!!!

Samantha Brett ‏@samanthabrett 48m48 minutes ago

BREAKING: Jury finds Daniel Jack #Kelsall guilty of indecently assaulting and murdering 31 year old Morgan Huxley in Sept 2013 @7NewsSydney

Amy Dale ‏@amydale_tele 48m48 minutes ago

Morgan Huxley's family begin to cry. #Kelsall rocks back and forth in dock very briefly, is now still.

Kelly Fedor ‏@KellyFedor 48m48 minutes ago

Gasps and sobs from the Huxley family. Daniel Jack #Kelsall appears calm. #9newscomau @9NewsSyd

Steph Gardiner ‏@steph_gardiner 48m48 minutes ago

#kelsall has not reacted. His mother is looking at him. He is not returning her gaze.

Leonie Ryan ‏@LeonieFRyan 48m48 minutes ago

Morgan's family and friends in court cry out at the GUILTY verdict. Daniel Jack #kelsall shows no reaction at all @NewsTalk2UE

Lauren Farrow ‏@farrowl 47m47 minutes ago

Judge thanks the #Kelsall jury for their service saying they had clearly been diligent

Samantha Brett ‏@samanthabrett 47m47 minutes ago

#Kelsall to be sentenced 29th April 10am @7NewsSydney

Steph Gardiner ‏@steph_gardiner 44m44 minutes ago

#kelsall's mother Lynne tried to speak to him as he went down to the cells at King Street courts. He glanced at her and nodded.

Lauren Farrow ‏@farrowl 38m38 minutes ago

Family and friends of murdered man Morgan Huxley wearing yellow roses - signifying favourite colour #Kelsall

Leonie Ryan ‏@LeonieFRyan 34m34 minutes ago

An ex girlfriend of Morgan Huxley has addressed the media in tears. Saying his life was cut short by a psychopath #Kelsall @NewsTalk2UE

Cathy Niven ‏@CathyNiven 33m33 minutes ago

The family of #Kelsall have no comment as they exit the court @WSFM1017

Lauren Farrow ‏@farrowl 29m29 minutes ago

Morgan Huxley's family have thanked detectives, the jury and crown prosecutor Peter McGrath SC for their dedication to justice #Kelsall

https://twitter.com/search?src=typd&q=%23kelsall

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-03-18/daniel-kelsall-guilty-of-stabbing-murder-morgan-huxley/6327992

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...indecent-assault/story-fni0cx12-1227267704006

A jury of seven women and five men today returned guilty verdicts to charges of indecent assault and murder.

They took a total of just two-and-a-half hours after retiring yesterday to reach their decision.

Morgan’s friend and ex-girlfriend Jessica Hall spoke immediately on behalf of the family, saying his life had been stolen by “a worthless psychopath.”

I am in tears. On one hand I feel bad for DJK's parents but on the other ... well you all know how I feel.

I am in tears. On one hand I feel bad for DJK's parents but on the other ... well you all know how I feel.

It's taken a few mins to sink in, fruity.. I was all 'woohoo!', but now I'm a bit emotional, just so grateful this psycho is going to jail and Morgan's family saw justice done. Small consolation..

:hug: for you

I think it's about time media use this case as a warning to other men about random sexual violence, they should come out and apologise to Morgan for all but blaming him for his own murder too, retract properly, and do a huge spread on mens safety in his memory. RIP Morgan.

now just a matter of sentencing

tho I don't doubt there'll be an appeal..

It's very sad that a life can be taken so randomly. All the "what ifs"…what if Morgan has just stayed in…what if the ex had driven him home. It must be incredibly painful for his friends and family.

Judge Robert Allan Hulme said the sentencing hearing would be on April 29.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-03-18/daniel-kelsall-guilty-of-stabbing-murder-morgan-huxley/6327992

The lead detective Mark Dukes looks pleased with the verdict.

865067-a74c2d78-cd12-11e4-a028-65bfa3bc1db2.jpg

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2015/03/18/03/33/kelsall-jury-to-continue-deliberations

The jury also didn't know he had given three separate versions of what happened the night he stabbed Mr Huxley at least 20 times on Neutral Bay bedroom in the early hours of September 8, 2013.

In the first, which was given to police on September 24, 2013 he said he had only seen Mr Huxley at an ATM.

But days later, he called up the detectives saying, "I wasn't telling the entire truth".

In a conversation deemed inadmissible at trial, Detective Senior Sergeant Mark Dukes said Kelsall told him: "I started talking to (Mr Huxley) and he was like upset and depressed so I said to him, `can I cheer you up?'"

He said Mr Huxley fell asleep during a sex act, so Kelsall left his flat.

"When I was leaving there was a woman coming towards his unit and she saw me coming out."

"She saw me coming out and I think that's why he got murdered."

Why would that info be deemed inadmissible?? I really don't get the law sometimes.

Never favors the bloody victim!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I still have a very strong feeling he was watching that pub frequently from the cafes across the street. I have to wonder if he watched men, if he watched Morgan, and if so was he fantasising about rape and stabbing..

The fact he hung around in that alley for so long makes me think he'd targetted Morgan specifically that night, and probably had previously too. Maybe not exclusively, but seeing Morgan drunk and alone must have sparked Kelsall into fulfilling his violent fantasies. I don't think that just happens out of the blue.

I was watching some of the snips from police interviews with him. He reminded me of Peter Dupas in several ways.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
QueenOfPain
Back