GUILTY Australia - Morgan Huxley, 31, stabbed to death, Neutral Bay, NSW, 8 Sept 2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.9news.com.au/national/2015/04/29/13/10/sentence-delivered-for-daniel-kelsall-trial

Daniel Kelsall sentenced to at least 30 years in jail for murder of Morgan Huxley

Daniel Jack Kelsall has been sentenced a minimum of 30 years in jail for the murder of Sydney man Morgan Huxley, which the judge described as “most chilling”.

Kelsall was handed a 40-year-sentence with a non-parole period of 30 years.

A further one-year sentence for indecent assault will be backdated to October 8, 2013.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/daniel-kelsall-jailed-for-at-least-30-years-for-murdering-morgan-huxley-20150429-1mw6i3.html

What a sick cold blooded killer who may be released when he is what 50? I doubt there is any therapy that can "help" him realise what he has done. He is a true psychopath.

"When a psychologist asked Daniel Kelsall to define the word "terminate", he responded: "To kill. To completely extinguish the life source".

It was an answer that surprised Dr Susan Pulman, who said most people, even violent criminals, usually responded with "to end" or "to stop"."

"As Kelsall sat in jail talking to Dr Pulman before being sentenced for the murder of Morgan Huxley, his behaviour was at odds with someone who was facing the prospect of a life sentence: he was upbeat, polite, and appeared to be enjoying the attention"

Definitely should have got life. I'm okay with the possibility of parole after 30 years, but what if he's a total nutcase - like obsessed with death and killing - and he has to be let out after 40 years with no monitoring.

He'll only be 50 .. that's still young enough to kill again, and considering the nature of his crime that is possible, any chance he could be deported back to New Zealand at that stage do you think?

Oh great news!!

Out at 50 is a concern though, can't see 30 years in prison improving him much.

He'll be a model prisoner, more than likely (psychos like him generally are) and there's a good chance he'll get parole first try. I hope not, but there's a good chance it'll happen. There again, who knows, he might creep out the wrong person in jail..

Kelsall was supposed to be back in court today for charges relating to police finding images of child abuse on his computer. I can't find any result or media report anywhere, perhaps it was postponed.

He might not be out till he's 60. But because he has to be out by then, he'll probably get out earlier so they can watch him on parole and because he might adjust better at 50 rather than 60. I think any unprovoked or sexual murder should be mandatory life, and the judge can set non parole.

This was interesting - and not surprising.

Mental health history

Dr Nielssen reviewed records of a general practitioner and psychiatrist from the Petone Medical Centre in Lower Hutt, New Zealand who the offender had consulted in late 2010. The general practitioner’s notes included discussion of sleep disturbance, thoughts of suicide and “also states has enjoyed inflicting pain on others in past”. The offender was prescribed an antidepressant and an urgent referral was made to a mental health team.

-- So two years before he talked to Dr Pullman and admitted violent murder fantasies, there he is admitting to inflicting pain on others -- how, I wonder? I'd really an answer to that... Also:

Dr Pulman referred to the offender's reported history of differential diagnoses including depression, ADHD, autism, and Asperger's. But as she assessed him:

"He was articulate, fluent in his conversation, and there was no evidence of any autistic features or symptoms consistent with ADHD or depression. On the contrary, his attention and concentration abilities fell in the Superior range and his mood upbeat, insofar as he appeared to be enjoying the attention and challenge the interview and testing provided."

Dr Pulman noted that the offender demonstrated obsessive traits and restricted or idiosyncratic behaviours but observed as well that the latter are known to occur in more gifted individuals.

She raised doubt about the possible diagnosis of autism and suggested a possible personality disorder with psychopathic traits

http://www.caselaw.nsw.gov.au/decision/5540011fe4b0fc828c9967c1

So once more, we find a killer diagnosed with autism, who doesn't actually have it. I get the feeling we're going to see more of these, as time goes on.

His mental health treatment seems to have been all over the place, diagnosed with everything and the kitchen sink, helpful medications denied him, what a mess.

He sounds like someone Krafft-Ebing would have described as a sexual sadist, tainted.

How interesting! I'll have to set some time aside to read that. Re the differential diagnoses, that likely means the psych had a list of possible diagnoses to rule in or out. It's not the same as saying "this is what you have". Some diagnoses exclude others, but they can co-exist on a list of differential diagnoses e.g autism and Aspergers.

How interesting! I'll have to set some time aside to read that. Re the differential diagnoses, that likely means the psych had a list of possible diagnoses to rule in or out. It's not the same as saying "this is what you have". Some diagnoses exclude others, but they can co-exist on a list of differential diagnoses e.g autism and Aspergers.

sure, but she said 'there was no evidence of any autistic features', ruling autism out. adhd, also.

i think he's a lot like Peter Dupas, whatever he was. People assumed he had this or that issue, but he didn't - he manipulated everybody around him to maintain an air of harmlessness - all the while dreaming of mutilating women.

Sydney murderer Daniel Kelsall sentenced for possessing child *advertiser censored*
Convicted murderer Daniel Kelsall has been sentenced to six months in jail for possessing computer-generated child *advertiser censored* images.

Almost four months after he was sentenced over the killing, Kelsall pleaded guilty at Central Local Court to possessing more than 30 computer generated *advertiser censored* images.

9NEWS AAP
Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...ild-*advertiser censored*#9UMOmyrikg17rHr3.99

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[h=1]The brutal murder of businessman Morgan Huxley drew feverish headlines that bore no resemblance to the real person. How did his family cope? [/h]http://www.smh.com.au/good-weekend/the-brutal-murder-of-businessman-morgan-huxley-drew-feverish-headlines-that-bore-no-resemblance-to-the-real-person-how-did-his-family-cope-20170405-gve24t.html

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GowBuj
Back