Deceased/Not Found AUSTRALIA - Ms Lesley Trotter, 78, Homicide, Brisbane, 28 Mar 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hey as it’s National missing persons week, this lady came up on my feed:

Penelope Smith was last seen at Toowong, Brisbane at 7pm on 07.11.05 and was believed to be travelling in her vehicle a 2003 silver Holden Astra Hatch, Reg 536 HUH.

Interesting to note same area, and similar demographic to Lesley.
Not a huge area.
View attachment 438231
And there's nothing else I can find about Penelope. Come on, journalists, hassle the police, there has to be more. Who reported her missing and when? Did she have an address or only a car? On what grounds was she believed to be driving in Toowong at that time? Has her driving license been renewed and has there been any Medicare history? Has there been an inquest?

And there's nothing else I can find about Penelope. Come on, journalists, hassle the police, there has to be more. Who reported her missing and when? Did she have an address or only a car? On what grounds was she believed to be driving in Toowong at that time? Has her driving license been renewed and has there been any Medicare history? Has there been an inquest?

I looked earlier to see if there were any similarities between the cases.

Penelope left Toowong Private Hospital after a day visit, driving her Astra, and was never seen again. Police said she needed medication daily.
Her brother made a public appeal at the time, said he hadn't heard from her in 3 weeks, that it was unlike her to disappear without contact. He said that Penelope could do what she wants, please just let them know that she is okay.

Last seen on Milton Rd, Toowong, on November 7, 2005

Penelope left Toowong Private Hospital after a day visit, driving her Astra, and was never seen again. Police said she needed medication daily.
Her brother made a public appeal at the time, said he hadn't heard from her in 3 weeks, that it was unlike her to disappear without contact. He said that Penelope could do what she wants, please just let them know that she is okay.

Thank you for the paraphrase! . . . bloody paywall.

TPH is a mental health hospital.

The possible similarity that occurs to me is that I've known one or two people with severe depression who talked about putting themselves out with the garbage.

TPH is a mental health hospital.

The possible similarity that occurs to me is that I've known one or two people with severe depression who talked about putting themselves out with the garbage.
So I wonder was she visiting someone there or a patient? I doubt she would have clearance to drive from the property as a patient?

So I wonder was she visiting someone there or a patient? I doubt she would have clearance to drive from the property as a patient?
The hospital was very well regarded for its day patient programs. If she was attending one of those, she might have been fine to drive. I wonder where Penelope lived.

Any news about Lesley ?

I keep getting my hopes up when I see new posts.

Then I realise it's about another missing person.
Do you not find it possibly interesting a woman of similar demographic went missing from the same small suburb?
Naturally we are all hoping for a resolution on Lesley’s case. Would love @neighbour the pop back for an update.
I know another sleuth found a place went up for sale across the road from Lesley’s recently. Wonder if that’s related.

Do you not find it possibly interesting a woman of similar demographic went missing from the same small suburb?
Naturally we are all hoping for a resolution on Lesley’s case. Would love @neighbour the pop back for an update.
I know another sleuth found a place went up for sale across the road from Lesley’s recently. Wonder if that’s related.
the property I saw wasn’t for sale Hinterland, it’s for rent. It’s diagonally to the left across the road from Leslie’s Apartment block. 57 meryvale street.

Attachments

• 1B431891-B902-45B7-9A61-0DAE2864548E.jpeg
    1B431891-B902-45B7-9A61-0DAE2864548E.jpeg
    116 KB · Views: 12
the property I saw wasn’t for sale Hinterland, it’s for rent. It’s diagonally to the left across the road from Leslie’s Apartment block. 57 meryvale street.
Ah my flu brain haha
Totally worth noting though as clearly someone’s moved since. Wonder if anyone else did?

Edit to add, in a paywalled article it was mentioned a neighbour across the road sent her a late text and she’d replied. I wonder which “across the road” it was?

Ah my flu brain haha
Totally worth noting though as clearly someone’s moved since. Wonder if anyone else did?

Edit to add, in a paywalled article it was mentioned a neighbour across the road sent her a late text and she’d replied. I wonder which “across the road” it was?
Yeah it just caught my eye. I’m only just catching up on the thread. Interesting about that other possible missing person from toowong!

So... she saw something in the rubbish that someone didn't want her to see?
Potentially, or she told the wrong person to be more thorough with their recycling more than once. LE did mention her digging through the rubbish could put her at odds with some other local residents.

Seems hard to believe that could’ve led to a murder, but people have killed for less… you never know when you’re going to catch the worst kind of person on their wrong day.

Would love some kind of update from LE or the media, I’m fearing this case has been pushed aside or forgotten. If it wasn’t an accident (Leslie falling into a bin and getting stuck, etc), then there has been a killer on the loose all this time.

All imo.

Potentially, or she told the wrong person to be more thorough with their recycling more than once. LE did mention her digging through the rubbish could put her at odds with some other local residents.

Seems hard to believe that could’ve led to a murder, but people have killed for less… you never know when you’re going to catch the worst kind of person on their wrong day.

Would love some kind of update from LE or the media, I’m fearing this case has been pushed aside or forgotten. If it wasn’t an accident (Leslie falling into a bin and getting stuck, etc), then there has been a killer on the loose all this time.

All imo.
Was hoping for an update from @neighbour but likely they’ve been told not to say anything?
Still thinking daily about this too.

Was hoping for an update from @neighbour but likely they’ve been told not to say anything?
Still thinking daily about this too.
It was interesting that the police seemed to certain she ended up in one of those bins, and thus into landfill. It was a quick summation, one that tells me they might have had some sort of evidence or lead to point towards it, rather than just following the most likely explanation, and yet it seems there’s no progress being made. If it was caught on cctv, for instance, you’d think they would have evidence of exactly how she ended up there.
Potentially, footage from the rubbish truck that shows a body entering from one of the bins? That way they would know she was in a bin and in the truck, but not how she was in the bin in the first place?

Just wondering aloud, all imo.

It was interesting that the police seemed to certain she ended up in one of those bins, and thus into landfill. It was a quick summation, one that tells me they might have had some sort of evidence or lead to point towards it, rather than just following the most likely explanation, and yet it seems there’s no progress being made. If it was caught on cctv, for instance, you’d think they would have evidence of exactly how she ended up there.
Potentially, footage from the rubbish truck that shows a body entering from one of the bins? That way they would know she was in a bin and in the truck, but not how she was in the bin in the first place?

Just wondering aloud, all imo.
Question remains .... has someone gotten away with murder?

"One year on, exactly what happened to her and how she died remains a mystery, leaving her family and friends without answers or closure.
A neighbour who knew Ms Trotter for decades says her death has affected her "more than she ever expected"."

Police had told media they had three main theories about what happened to Lesley Trotter.

The first being that she had a medical episode when she went to collect the recycling.

That's my number one theory too. That she fell into the bin and was unable to get out.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BootsMinor
Back