Deceased/Not Found AUSTRALIA - Ms Lesley Trotter, 78, Homicide, Brisbane, 28 Mar 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

SLouTh

In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
Reaction score

Police establish multiple crime scenes after missing Brisbane woman ruled deceased as dozens of detectives comb through evidence​

Police have ruled missing woman Lesley Trotter deceased after the 78-year-old was reported missing more than a week ago.

Superintendent Massingham — the regional crime coordinator for the Brisbane region — said it was believed that Ms Trotter died between midnight on Monday, March 27 and midday Tuesday, March 28.

He said more than 40 detectives were at the scene on Friday, continuing their investigations around Ms Trotter's apartment complex and a neighbouring unit block.

Two crime scenes have been established and a homicide investigation involving 40 detectives is under way following the disappearance of a retired Brisbane schoolteacher who was about to begin “the next chapter of her life” at a new retirement home.

Ms Trotter, an avid bushwalker, was last in contact with her family at 11am on March 27.

Relatives reported her missing the following day after going to her house and finding the door unlocked and the 78-year-old’s mobile phone and wallet left behind.

Unfortunately investigations yesterday afternoon and late into the evening have led us to the conclusion that Ms Trotter is in fact deceased,” he said, adding that her body had not been found.

He said two separate crime scenes had been established in and outside Ms Trotter’s unit complex on Maryvale St in Toowong.

“What I can tell you is that we believe that her death occurred between midnight on Monday the 27th of March and midday Tuesday the 28th of March. We believe her death occurred close to her unit block in Maryvale St, Toowong,” he said.

This was a lady looking forward to the next chapter of her life,” Det Supt Massingham said.

“Something tragic has occurred on that Tuesday morning that has taken that away from her.”

Ms Trotter has no children but was in regular contact with her brother, niece and nephew.

From earlier this week …. 4th April,2023.

Police update 3: Missing woman, Toowong​

Police have escalated their search operations in Toowong where 78-year-old Lesley Trotter went missing on March 28.
It has been more than a week since Lesley last spoke to family, who are becoming increasingly concerned for her welfare.
Police also hold serious concerns as Lesley’s disappearance is out of character.
Acting Inspector Michael Butler from the Inner West Patrol Group said the search now centred around the Toowong area.
“This search continued today with more than 130 police and State Emergency Services (SES) volunteers taking part,” Acting Inspector Butler said.

This is a highly urbanised environment requiring significant personnel, logistics and operational planning to search effectively.”

Police are appealing for members of the public to check their yards, open garages or sheds for any signs of Lesley – this would help us greatly.”

Lesley is Caucasian, approximately 162cm tall with an athletic build, short blonde hair and blue eyes.

Anyone with information is urged to immediately contact police.

Earlier releases:

https://mypolice.qld.gov.au/news/2023/04/03/update-2-missing-woman-toowong/

https://mypolice.qld.gov.au/news/2023/04/01/update-1-missing-woman-toowong/

https://mypolice.qld.gov.au/news/2023/03/29/missing-woman-toowong/

Unfortunately, investigations yesterday afternoon (Thursday) and late into the evening have led us to the conclusion that Mrs Trotter is in fact deceased,” Detective Superintendent Andrew Massingham said on Friday morning.

The nature of that information ... I can’t go into great detail, but I can tell you that we believe her death occurred between midnight on Monday 27 March and midday Tuesday 28 march.

“We believe her death occurred close to her unit block in Merivale St, Toowong and we currently have two crime scenes currently set up in that area.

One of those crime scenes is at her unit and the other one is at a location nearby out the front of the unit complex.”

Attachments

• 6D030169-4201-4B4A-B286-42D15A8659B5.jpeg
    6D030169-4201-4B4A-B286-42D15A8659B5.jpeg
    79.2 KB · Views: 3
Thanks for posting this!
I was going to, good thing I did a search first.

More than 40 detectives are probing Ms Trotter's disappearance which may be linked to recycling practices.

"Mrs Trotter would often go to wheelie bins out the front of her residence or the neighbouring properties and remove recycling trash from general waste bins and transfer those into the correct bins," Supt Massgham said.

"We have not ruled out that this activity in some in some way is linked to her death."

Police said Ms Trotter was well known in the neighbourhood for ensuring rubbish was put into the correct bins.

"Whether that's created some angst amongst the tenants, we're working through that at the moment."

Adding to the family distress was confirmation Ms Trotter planned to leave the complex, only to go missing before a final property settlement.

"This was a lady looking forward to the next chapter of her life. While she had some anxiety about moving into a retirement village, she was looking forward to that.

I hope they've checked all the bins in the area.

Police sources say rubbish bins from the apartment complex where Ms Trotter lived have been seized as part of the investigation.

They are urging anyone with CCTV or dash cam footage — or anyone who saw any suspicious behaviour around Maryvale Street around March 28 — to come forward.

Attachments

• 9DBEBCD9-4B6B-413A-8E4E-652900AB6A85.jpg
    9DBEBCD9-4B6B-413A-8E4E-652900AB6A85.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 39
Thanks. I can only read a snippet of that.
I'm guessing someone heard something between 3 and 4 am.

Or they've been through CCTV vision.
The rest of the article is much the same as my second post Toots … that was really the only “new“ info I could glean from the updated article …

Paraphrased from an earlier “Missing Person” article …

Ms Trotter’s aqua blue Speedwell bicycle is also missing her home.

Ms Trotter’s car was found in her garage and her phone, purse and keys were discovered inside her unlocked unit.

Ms Trotter is a “very fit and active lady” who “does not look or behave like your typical 78-year-old”.

“She is an avid bushwalker and gym attendee. Most days she is doing one or the other. In the past she has conquered the Kokoda Trail and Base Camp Everest … She loves to travel and explore,” she said.

Ms Trotter previously taught high school English at St Aidan’s Anglican Girls’ School Corinda, a western suburb of Brisbane, and had more recently joined a local book club.

Last edited:
I looked up the bin collection day for Lesley's street in Toowong. It seems to be Tuesdays. With rubbish and recycling due to be put out that day. Lesley was reported missing on Tuesday 28th March.

The council site says bins should be put out to the road by 5:30am on that day.

Could this be why police are looking at the 5am to 7am time frame?

They say that Lesley was an avid mover of recycling to rubbish/rubbish to recycling in the neighbourhood bins.

(Use the arrow to take you back to March)

So they think there may have been an altercation with a neighbour because she was sorting rubbish? I don’t see the issue if she’s the one putting them in the correct bins? Or is she known for continually telling many people off for their incorrect rubbish disposal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RABay1735