AUSTRALIA - Natural gas explosion, one missing, five injured, Whalan, NSW, 1 June 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Daily Telegraph reporting that the missing person is a woman and trainee nurse Desperate search for trainee nurse believed trapped under rubble — Daily Telegraph

A trainee nurse is feared trapped underneath the rubble of a townhouse which exploded on Saturday after a suspected gas leak. Emergency services are holding out hope that if she is trapped she is still alive.
The woman, aged in her early 30s, was visiting her mum when a gas leak is believed to have caused a bomb-like explosion.
Neighbours said the missing woman’s mother was away from the premises at the time but returned a short time later, screaming out for her daughter who she knew was inside and couldn’t be contacted.

Daily Telegraph reporting that the missing person is a woman and trainee nurse Desperate search for trainee nurse believed trapped under rubble — Daily Telegraph

A trainee nurse is feared trapped underneath the rubble of a townhouse which exploded on Saturday after a suspected gas leak. Emergency services are holding out hope that if she is trapped she is still alive.
The woman, aged in her early 30s, was visiting her mum when a gas leak is believed to have caused a bomb-like explosion.
Neighbours said the missing woman’s mother was away from the premises at the time but returned a short time later, screaming out for her daughter who she knew was inside and couldn’t be contacted.
Yeah, my partner told me last night it was a young woman, daughter of one of the residents, but she read it on social media and I couldn't find an article then that was reporting that information. Seems like it's out there now. Thanks for linking this.

I've read the Daily Mail article twice word for word and couldn't find the heartbreaking reason the missing woman was visiting.
I presume I fell for bait and click.
Yeah, I couldn't find it either. My understanding is she was visiting her mother and otherwise wouldn't have been in the home at all. That's heartbreaking enough.

Woman's body found after explosion at Whalan townhouse in Western Sydney​

A woman's body has been found after an explosion at a townhouse in Sydney's west.

The woman, aged in her 30s, was unaccounted for following the explosion at Waikanda Crescent in Whalan, near Mount Druitt, just before 1pm on Saturday.

After a day-and-a-half-long search by crews, her body was found at the scene about 3:20am today.

Very tragic end to a young life. This shouldn't have happened, it's not an accident, it's gross negligence, no one should be living under those conditions!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back