Australia & New Zealand - COVID-19 Coronavirus

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Daily, I watch the numbers, hoping Victoria does not go down the track of NSW.

i fear covid 0 is now a distant dream

i hope i am wrong because last summer was beautiful

i fear covid 0 is now a distant dream

i hope i am wrong because last summer was beautiful

You learn to live with it. Once life gets back to normal, the numbers fade into the background.

Reactions: kai
I just heard on the radio, about some problem with Westmead hospital. Just caught the end of it.

Thanks for posting this.

This?

The health union is urging people to stay home and get vaccinated as Westmead Hospital has been forced into “emergency operations”.

The hospital has reduced the number of COVID-19 cases arriving by ambulance for 24 hours.

Ray Hadley yesterday revealed the hospital has been overwhelmed with COVID patients, leaving cardiac patients without a bed.

The hospital is now working to open 100 beds at Westmead Private Hospital for its use.

There are 608 COVID-19 cases currently admitted to hospitals in NSW, including 107 people in intensive care.
COVID CRISIS | Health union warns more hospitals will be overwhelmed - 2GB

Hi They'll :)

I'm not feeling cold right now, with the heating on plus a heated throw.

But yes, we've had a cold change, started a day or so ago. We had been into the 20s, til yesterday when it was max of 6 degrees and today a max of 8. Looking at current weather, it's almost 11am and only 6 degrees.

Temperature of the room I'm in right now is 23 degrees and starting to feel a bit too warm.
Unlike the past week, the sun has now come out and is dazzlingly bright. It's like a novelty as it's been so overcast for so long.

Oh and it has snowed, mostly at Oberon I think. Rarely get snow where I am , centre of town.
I noticed that it's been colder in a lot of NSW places too.

Starting tomorrow we're supposed to go back into double figures yay! And by early next week they'll be back up to double figures :)
Bloody cold up your way Toots?

Upon reading this again, I see it didn't make sense lol.

What I should have said is that tomorrow it's supposed to be into low double figures like 10 or 11. Early next week it's said to be 18 degrees at the beginning of the week. Hopefully back into the 20s after that :)

Starting tomorrow we're supposed to go back into double figures yay! And by early next week they'll be back up to double figures

"You can be infectious within 48 hours, and I think the shortest documented period was 30 hours," she said.
The problem is that people are asymptomatic for a couple of days before they know they're infectious, Professor Bennett said.

So by the time they find out they are COVID positive, the people they've infected are already infectious.

That makes the task of contact tracing enormously difficult.
Why aren't the case numbers dropping in NSW? Here's what the experts say

So in China if a member of your family is an anti-vaxxer it’s YOU who can loose govt allowances.

And in Qinghai province, a residential community issued a notice this week, warning residents their pensions, medical insurance and social allowances would be suspended if a member of their immediate family failed to get vaccinated. An official said the notice was meant to "scare" people into getting inoculated, because the community had not met its vaccination target, state-run news reported.

China has administered 2 billion COVID-19 vaccine shots

While 143 countries accept the AZ vaccine (manufactured in Europe not India but I guess the Australian one is included), the United States does not. It only accepts Pfizer, Moderna and one other.

Find Out Whether Your Destination Country Accepts Your Covid Vaccine as Valid for Travel

My son lives in New York and my daughter in Dublin. They have both had Pfizer. However, I am in the over 60s age group and currently can only have AZ so I will not be able to to to the US. I usually travel around the world for three months from June to August every year so I have been hoping to have the Pfizer. I have until next June before I would ever travel again overseas so I have been delaying being vaccinated for this very reason as I will probably only travel to USA and Europe. I actually would prefer Moderna but that is not as well accepted internationally. But it is accepted in Europe and USA. Our Prime Minister said access to Moderna will be available about October this year so I am waiting until then. I also learnt today that in the US, they will need booster vaccines after eight months so the longer I leave it the better not only because of availability. But, in the meantime, I may not be able to get my hair coloured or cut, go to restaurants or the theatre. Currently I can get AZ at my local chemist with a waiting period of 7 days so not sure what to do. If I could get Pfizer, I would have it this week if I could. The other idea is to have AZ now and then Pfizer eight months later but there is no talk of boosters here yet as we are short of supply but that will change. I don't think a mixed dose would be a good idea. What to do?

FORTY teens are rushed to hospital every day for self-harm amid 10-week lockdown

The NSW Suicide Monitoring System found 8,489 people under 18 were rushed to hospital for self-harm and suicidal thoughts this year, to July 29.

The shocking figure, equating to 40 children a day, was a rise of 31 per cent over the same period last year, and 47 per cent from 2019.

FORTY Sydney teens are rushed to hospital every day for self-harm, Covid-19 NSW | Daily Mail Online

For 24/7 confidential support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo
Back