Found Deceased Australia - Nick Eade, 36, Sydney, 26 Nov 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What happened Nick?!

In the grand scheme of things, he really wasnt found too far from home. Two suburbs maybe?

Something isn't right. I don't know, but something isn't right.

:(

Something sounds odd. He is found on the beach and his car found in another place, plus money being withdrawn from his bank account. Is this an isolated beach? Could his body have been there for a month without anyone seeing it? I am so sorry for his wife and girls. I don't think this was the outcome they expected.

It was a quick identification of a body- especially if he had been in the water. I wonder if he died very recently? That he had been alive for most of the time he was missing? That would have to make it even harder for his family.
I really thought he would be found alive- his poor wife and children. His wife fought so hard to find him. RIP Nick.

Something sounds odd. He is found on the beach and his car found in another place, plus money being withdrawn from his bank account. Is this an isolated beach? Could his body have been there for a month without anyone seeing it? I am so sorry for his wife and girls. I don't think this was the outcome they expected.

Hi Marg :seeya: Shelley Beach is an extremely busy spot - we were there one afternoon just before Xmas and it was overflowing with people. It is a little bay really, and has a restaurant, a café and many picnickers. It also has lots of scuba divers as well as swimmers. I can't imagine a body being there for a month without being found......

That is indeed shocking news. Much love to his family.

Hi Marg :seeya: Shelley Beach is an extremely busy spot - we were there one afternoon just before Xmas and it was overflowing with people. It is a little bay really, and has a restaurant, a café and many picnickers. It also has lots of scuba divers as well as swimmers. I can't imagine a body being there for a month without being found......

That is indeed shocking news. Much love to his family.

Thanks for the information. I am from Melbourne , don't know Sydney at all. Strange that it is a populated beach and he was just found. I should imagine that if he had been passed and in the elements for a month he wouldn't have been identified so soon, but then with that tattoo you would recognise it straight away. I think there is more to come on this.
Still can't believe he has gone. I was so sure that he had taken time out to sort himself out.
RIP Christmas will never be the same for his family ever again.

I can list all the unanswered questions, but there's no point really. We're all on the same wavelength. And I'm certain his passing was far more recent than a month ago when he was reported missing.

I wonder if he washed up there, from somewhere else?

This really is very odd. I was thinking suicide. But then why withdraw 2 grand?

I don't think robbery, or they'd have forced him to remove -all- the money.

His poor wife and kids. Terrible enough news, let alone at Christmas time.

This is tragic news!!!

Rest in Peace Nick...in the arms of the angels.

My thoughts & prayers go out to his wife, beautiful daughter, family & friends.

I wonder if he washed up there, from somewhere else?

This really is very odd. I was thinking suicide. But then why withdraw 2 grand?
I don't think robbery, or they'd have forced him to remove -all- the money.
His poor wife and kids. Terrible enough news, let alone at Christmas time.

He could have been further around the corner where the rocky area is - people go there to fish, but you have to beware of the tide. But it could have been the tide that brought him to the beach - though 'being found on the beach' is different to being washed up on the shore.
Possibly the limit the ATM would allow him in 24hrs is $2000.
:(

Maybe he owed someone money, withdrew the cash and paid and realised he was in too deep? It's a very odd situation. I wonder how they can say no foul play so quickly - perhaps he left a note in the car?

Just my opinion, but my feeling is that Nick died fairly recently. The report clearly says he a man's body was found on the beach, not that it was washed up onto the beach. It also seems, as has been pointed out above, that the identification was fairly swift and it was clear from the outset it was the body of a male. I'd think that if a body had been in the water for one month, it would be a different kettle of fish.

Hard to imagine what he would have been doing, where, how and why during the time he was missing since 26 Nov. Thinking back over what has been reported, there are a number of milestones that are kind of spaced out during that time.

On 26 Nov he goes missing and sends that text message to this wife, leaves work early and leaves his work satchel on his work desk. Seems like he did not have the plan to return, as that wasn't customary practice for him.

On 9 December there were a number of transactions with his bank accounts. Still unclear whether that was via ATM as originally reported or via some other means.

On 10 December his car and phone were found abandoned in Cremorne. Parking tickets date back to about one week. That would mean early December. That means there is a possibility he may have still been driving his car for a few days from the time he went missing to when the first parking ticket was written. On the other hand, it could just be that parking inspectors did not visit that street until early December.

There seems to be a time lapse from when he originally went missing and when this was first reported in the media. I dont think media reports came out until 9 or 10 December, around the same time as his Missing Person facebook was set up. That was a bit strange. I wonder whether family or police suspected he might have just taken time out and thought he would reappear and when that did not happen for two weeks, then they went out to the media?

Then there were all these reported sightings of him around Sydney and elsewhere - hard to know whether it really was him or not.

And then he was found on the beach on 29 December.

What a pity if he was alive for a number of weeks and was not found earlier.

Is Shelly Beach at Manly the one with the Bavarian Bier Cafe at one end and the marine world or aquarium at the other? I dont have a very clear picture of it, but I know i have been there and do recall it as a very busy area, and it would be so especially now in summer and with the holidays. I find it hard to imagine that a body could be there for long without someone seeing it.

On tonight's news it was both reported that the body IS that of Nick and that the body is BELIEVED to be that of Nick. And the newspaper report had the contact details for LifeLine and a men's crisis number on it, which is usually always done when the reported death is a suicide. Poor guy. I wonder what it could have been that drove him to such an end, without believing there could be any way out?

Is Shelly Beach at Manly the one with the Bavarian Bier Cafe at one end and the marine world or aquarium at the other? I dont have a very clear picture of it, but I know i have been there and do recall it as a very busy area, and it would be so especially now in summer and with the holidays. I find it hard to imagine that a body could be there for long without someone seeing it.

On tonight's news it was both reported that the body IS that of Nick and that the body is BELIEVED to be that of Nick. And the newspaper report had the contact details for LifeLine and a men's crisis number on it, which is usually always done when the reported death is a suicide. Poor guy. I wonder what it could have been that drove him to such an end, without believing there could be any way out?

Xantara - no I think you are thinking about the little cove near where the Ferrys come in. If you walked from the Wharf along the Corso to Manly Beach and followed the walk way (right hand side) you would come to Shelly Beach.
Its a small beach - I have Scuba'd from there and gone swimming there years ago - its more like a Boutique beach - but it is not secluded, in fact its very busy and has residential buildings and flats along the walkway.

Google Map: http://goo.gl/maps/zTGaZ

picture.php

Just my opinion, but my feeling is that Nick died fairly recently. The report clearly says he a man's body was found on the beach, not that it was washed up onto the beach. It also seems, as has been pointed out above, that the identification was fairly swift and it was clear from the outset it was the body of a male. I'd think that if a body had been in the water for one month, it would be a different kettle of fish.

Hard to imagine what he would have been doing, where, how and why during the time he was missing since 26 Nov. Thinking back over what has been reported, there are a number of milestones that are kind of spaced out during that time.

On 26 Nov he goes missing and sends that text message to this wife, leaves work early and leaves his work satchel on his work desk. Seems like he did not have the plan to return, as that wasn't customary practice for him.

On 9 December there were a number of transactions with his bank accounts. Still unclear whether that was via ATM as originally reported or via some other means.

On 10 December his car and phone were found abandoned in Cremorne. Parking tickets date back to about one week. That would mean early December. That means there is a possibility he may have still been driving his car for a few days from the time he went missing to when the first parking ticket was written. On the other hand, it could just be that parking inspectors did not visit that street until early December.

There seems to be a time lapse from when he originally went missing and when this was first reported in the media. I dont think media reports came out until 9 or 10 December, around the same time as his Missing Person facebook was set up. That was a bit strange. I wonder whether family or police suspected he might have just taken time out and thought he would reappear and when that did not happen for two weeks, then they went out to the media?

Then there were all these reported sightings of him around Sydney and elsewhere - hard to know whether it really was him or not.

And then he was found on the beach on 29 December.

What a pity if he was alive for a number of weeks and was not found earlier.

An identification can happen quickly based on dental records even if the person has been deceased for a while.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl
Back