Australia - Nicole Cartwright, 32, found dead in park, Hunters Hill, 3 Oct 2018 *killer died in jail

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
'Definitely suspicious': Body found in park in Hunters Hill

Detective Superintendent David Waddell told reporters at Eastwood police station on Wednesday morning that the victim had yet to be identified, although he confirmed the person was clothed when found.

'Definitely suspicious': Body found in park in Hunters Hill

Thanks, Beagle.
The article was updated later and the Police confirmed in the afternoon that the body was a woman's.......

Hunter's Hill: Woman's body found with collar around neck and head injuries | Daily Mail Online

how sinister. poor woman.
hands restrained,dog collar severe head injuries and half naked.
how very thoughtful of this person to dispose of her in a kids playground for a 3 year to find :oops:
Just hideous, obviously not only because of what was done to the woman, but that her body was left in a place where children could find it.
The purple studded collar might be remembered by someone. Could it have belonged to the woman's or the perp's dog?

It looks like the woman was dragged sideways because she looks small but the drag marks are wide. Or was she alive at the time?
MO
50F6BF5600000578-6236047-These_are_the_chilling_drag_marks_which_went_on_for_30_metres_an-a-10_1538581345371.jpg

The TV news showed the park guy visably shaken. He's old, just mowing the lawns to find this dammit.

body dragged hunters hill park - Google Search:

What a horrific thing to do to someone. Poor woman and her poor family learning the details. I hope they find this perpetrator (or perpetrators) quickly. I wonder if the murderer knew the woman - sounds like she was brought to the park from somewhere else. Hunters Hill is an upmarket family oriented area with beautiful parks, horrible that this lady was left like this in one rather than being alive to enjoy it

Looking at Google maps Bufalo Creek Reserve at Hunters Hill is huge with so many more secluded places to hide a body.

Could this be like an honour killing? She was exposed and partly clothed, dog collar, mutilated...
This is a good point, sounds like there was little attempt to conceal her body - honour killing or sending a message to someone perhaps?

MOO

rbbm.
This report says that the dog collar was pink, others have said purple.
Woman’s body wearing pink collar found near drag marks in Sydney park
c3ba9b2aab7b5c08fd38dc234175c49d

: Jenny Evans.Source:News Corp Australia
v2

v2

"The worker, who was visibly shaken as police led him away from the horrific scene, found the woman with her hands bound with tape and a pink “dog’s collar” around her neck.

She was also wearing dark polka-dot clothing and was found near playground equipment, in a popular children’s birthday party spot, The Daily Telegraph reported."

Could this be like an honour killing? She was exposed and partly clothed, dog collar, mutilated...

I don't think honour killing since in the cases we've seen in the UK the family has gone to much greater lengths to dispose of the body. If the woman goes missing completely it's much easier for the family to pass it off as her having gone to stay with distant relatives or run away.

I'd be thinking more along the lines of a woman kidnapped and held captive as a domestic or sex slave similar to the many cases we've seen in the US. Since there's probably nothing to link the perpetrator and the victim to the outside world he feels safer just dumping her body. It's also possible that this is the perp's ex and this is the end result of an extreme act of revenge and humiliation.

on the news footage tonight they showed the toilet block cordoned off and said to the effect that the police had cleaned it up and reopened.
so that means something terrible must have happened in the bathroom or the killer clean up maybe?
just means the killer/s loited in the park couldn't have just been a dump and go.

on the news footage tonight they showed the toilet block cordoned off and said to the effect that the police had cleaned it up and reopened.
so that means something terrible must have happened in the bathroom or the killer clean up maybe?
just means the killer/s loited in the park couldn't have just been a dump and go.

I guess it’s possible the deceased was a jogger who has been attacked there.
I did a Google Street walk and there are houses opposite the park, maybe there’s some cameras around.

I notice in this article that it is the women's bathroom only that is cordoned off. Not the male section.

This is a strange comment, too ..... is it a gay 'beat'?
Perhaps the victim was born as a male?

"The 36-year-old was shocked to learn the body was found with women's clothing, saying her neighbours often spent time in surrounding parklands of the exclusive suburb."
‘Dog collar’ found on woman’s body could be crucial clue

Last edited:
It looks like the woman was dragged sideways because she looks small but the drag marks are wide. Or was she alive at the time?
MO
50F6BF5600000578-6236047-These_are_the_chilling_drag_marks_which_went_on_for_30_metres_an-a-10_1538581345371.jpg

The TV news showed the park guy visably shaken. He's old, just mowing the lawns to find this dammit.

body dragged hunters hill park - Google Search:
I think the wide mark may be from the dark coloured sheet the reports state she was covered with? This is just horrible. As a woman, I always avoid public toilets in parks. Sometimes in shopping centres they give me the creeps too, not to mention some of the mixed toilets that are popping up around Sydney.

Police are calling for dashcam footage. I guess they are thinking the victim was brought from elsewhere - and maybe have determined an approximate time period for this violence - or perhaps something was seen/heard by a witness near the roadside at a particular time.
Maybe, too, the murderer could have driven alone from elsewhere and parked by the roadside, to 'visit' the park later at night.

No ID yet.

Homicide detectives are yet to identify a woman whose body was found in a Sydney park on Wednesday in highly suspicious circumstances.

...... drivers with potentially relevant dashcam footage have been asked to contact Crime Stoppers.
Still no ID of body found in Sydney park

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper