Australia Australia - Novy Chardon, 34, Upper Coomera, Qld, 6 Feb 2013 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
POLICE have abruptly cancelled a media conference they had called to give an update on the disappearance of missing Gold Coast woman Novy Chardon.

They had called the media conference for 1pm at Coomera police station but now say it has been cancelled due to 'operational reasons'.

Police say they hope to provide an update later in the day.

From same news article as mikkismom posted above.

The husband of missing Gold Coast mother-of-two Novy Chardon has one message for his wife:
"Tell her to get your stupid bloody arse home mate ...
"Haha, no just tell her she's gotta come home."

Speaking from Jakarta where he flew on Friday with their two young children, Mr Chardon said he was not concerned police had established a crime scene at the family's Upper Coomera home.

"That's just normal ... all I'm worried about is the *advertiser censored*ing mess they're going to make," he told Ten News on Monday.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...-message-for-missing-wife-20130212-2e9hx.html

Guess he feels pretty safe to say whatever he wants while he's sitting in Indonesia!

A few observations from the stories posted.

One news report says there's been a couple unconfirmed sightings.

Another states...her husbands revealed.

"She's done this sort of thing before, just not for such a long period," he said.

He also revealed he and his wife were going through a divorce.

Hope she's found alive and well.

POLICE say they are growing more concerned about missing Gold Coast mum Novy Chardon as the days go by.

"I think it's fair to say that the longer this lasts, the more concerned we become," regional crime co-ordinator Superintendent David Hutchinson told media outside Coomera police station on Tuesday afternoon.

"It won't be very long now that it'll be a full week (since she went missing) and she hasn't made contact with family or friends. Obviously we're very concerned for her welfare."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...er-disappearance/story-e6freon6-1226575725161

Earlier today, it was learned that reported sightings of missing Gold Coast mum Novy Chardon, including one of her hitch-hiking on the M1, are keeping police busy as they step up their investigation into her disappearance.

Members of the public have contacted police saying they saw a woman matching Mrs Chardon's description on the M1 at Mudgeeraba and also at Days Rd, Coomera.

Police were dispatched to both locations but Mrs Chardon remains missing.

"It's good that people are keeping an eye out," one officer said.

"We need all the eyes and ears out there we can get."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...er-disappearance/story-e6freon6-1226575725161

Missing woman's car yields no clues

February 12, 2013 4:34PM

DETECTIVES trying to solve the mystery of a missing Gold Coast woman have found her car but say they have little to work with.
Police discovered Novy Chardon's dark-coloured Volvo XC90 four-wheel drive 20km from her Upper Coomera home where she was last seen on Wednesday of last week.

Mrs Chardon's car was found on Monday evening in Bowden Court, near the Nerang railway station car park.

But the vehicle yielded no obvious clues.

"We need to narrow down the time the vehicle was left there," Detective Superintendent David Hutchinson told reporters on Tuesday.

Police are not discounting the possibility of murder, suicide or Mrs Chardon still being alive

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...womans-car-found/story-e6freono-1226575820618

This doesn't sound good :( had no idea about this until my mum just told me about it. But since reading this thread and news articles ..

Husband has my hinky meter going ..... JMO.

February 12, 2013 4:42PM

THE husband of missing Gold Coast woman Novy Chardon says he is "extremely worried and concerned" but will not say when he will return from a business trip to Indonesia.

John Chardon, 65, had told media outlets his wife was "crazy" and should "get her stupid bloody *advertiser censored***" home after she disappeared from their Upper Coomera home last Wednesday night.

Missing Gold Coast woman Novy Chardon seemed "happy in her life here". She "loved her children and loved to hang out with her friends".

Maria Phillips made the comments about her friend of three years on Tuesday as police continued to investigate the mother of two's disappearance.

Ms Phillips said Mrs Chardon’s marriage ‘‘had its problems’’, but was no different to any other.

She said she was "an easy going person".

With her marriage failing, however, Mrs Chardon took to Facebook to express her heartache late last year.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/missing-gold-coast-woman-seemed-happy-20130212-2eb99.html

Was hoping we'd hear something by now after the cancellation of the press conference yesterday. Where could she be?

Hubby sounds REALLY hinky. Top off the car? Hoboy.. with the kids in there?

And who takes off overseas when their spouse and the mother of their children is missing? Calling her "crazy" and being so dismissive is a bit of a red flagger as well, imo.

In any case -- poor kids. :(

Wow. He's not even trying to appear like a concerned husband even slightly. Hinky meter is off the charts with this one.

I hope Novy is ok, but sadly I don't think this will end well. :(

One thing I thought of- the kids and flying. I'm pretty sure if only one parent is with kids flying internationally that they need to provide written permission of the other parent. Which could mean that this "kids came with me at the last minute" is a heap of hogwash.
Not all airlines are stringent in their requirements though, but I'm just putting that out there in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper