Australia Australia - Novy Chardon, 34, Upper Coomera, Qld, 6 Feb 2013 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm.. having read some more reports.. 65 yo Aussie man speaking about a serious situation flippantly and with apparent lack of emotion? Yeah, that's not unusual. 65yo Aussie man with an Indonesian wife half his age - not too unusual, either. Said marriage breaking down and the man blaming the wife for that? Pretty much par for the course.

And I can kind of see a man like Chardon putting business first. So far, I am revising my pov to see a very old-fashioned type of Aussie bloke (with all the many faults those tend to have..). Many of them don't treat their young Asian wives all that well, when they find out the wives are actually not just sex dolls who can cook and clean as well..

Dragging the kids along - yup, I can see that too. Maybe the children have family over there, too, so there's someone to mind them while he's doing business. (I hope to hell and back the children really -are- in Indonesia...)

Screaming out of the driveway, taking the top off the car-- maybe he was late for his plane, having to pack for the children first..

What I'm having trouble with is ... idk. Something seems off. I can't say what, yet. But it just does.

Chardon does change his story a bit - first says he took the kids because he couldn't get someone to mind them, then he says it was because he was concerned for the kids' welfare.

But really, it's just a hinky feeling more than anything, atm. ETA: And I wonder what the divorce settlement looks like..

I thought Novy's poem was so sad...

‘‘When I remember, I feel pain
When I feel pain, I cry
When I cry, I can’t stop
Please don’t leave me alone.’’

May she come home safely, my fingers are crossed.

he flies out of the country 2 days after his wife goes missing? and takes the kids with him. Somehow I don't think he will be returning in a hurry

February 14, 2013

State Emergency Service volunteers will search bushland near the home of missing Gold Coast mother Novy Chardon, as police continue to investigate her disappearance.

The sweep of bushland in Upper Coomera is due to start at 9am on Thursday, as forensic officers continue to examine her family’s Bridie Drive home, and her abandoned four-wheel-drive.

The SES will also search bushland near where Mrs Chardon's car was found in Nerang.

Detective Superintendent David Hutchinson said the bushland search was routine and not prompted by a lead.

"It's a normal part of the police investigation in these circumstances," he said.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...missing-mum-20130214-2ee47.html#ixzz2KpLrwgUN

http://ten.com.au/ten-news-brisbane.htm

Don't know if this link will work - scroll down to "mystery deepens" on Brisbane News and watch the news report about 3 people seen with her car.

Thanks sleepinoz. Here is the direct link to the video. A resident of the street where Novy's car was found said that he'd seen the car parked there many times before and last saw it parked there last Sunday. The witness also claimed that he saw three people acting suspiciously and appeared to be moving items from the car. He said they were an older lady, a younger lady and an older man. The older lady was acting suspicious.

http://ten.com.au/ten-news-brisbane.htm?movideo_p=44240&movideo_m=270135

Meanwhile, witness Karl Kristiansen said he saw a group of people acting suspiciously and clothes strewn around Mrs Chardon's late model Volvo wagon, which was found abandoned in Bowden Court, near Nerang railway station.

"It was about 10am on Sunday morning - there was a bit of activity going on," Mr Kristiansen said. "A balding, stocky bloke and a young woman were trying to jump-start a little white Corolla with a Falcon. They were looking across the road (at Mrs Chardon's car) and there was another older lady standing there, looking anxious.

"It looked suspicious, especially with all the clothes around the car. I just kept my eye on them."

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...om-business-trip/story-fndo1qgd-1226576570724

Wow. He's not even trying to appear like a concerned husband even slightly. Hinky meter is off the charts with this one.

I hope Novy is ok, but sadly I don't think this will end well. :(

One thing I thought of- the kids and flying. I'm pretty sure if only one parent is with kids flying internationally that they need to provide written permission of the other parent. Which could mean that this "kids came with me at the last minute" is a heap of hogwash.
Not all airlines are stringent in their requirements though, but I'm just putting that out there in case.

Good point keyleigh. It is generally very difficult to take children out of the country without consent of the other parent and the correct paperwork to prove the consent.

And did the children have valid passports? Young children are sometimes listed on their mother's passport. Looks as though Novy's mother got married in January of this year ... maybe they had the paperwork/passports already if they had travelled to her mum's wedding last month.

Wonder how he got the children out of the country?

When my husband took my daughter to UK from NZ two years ago he didn't need anything. How would customs know if there was any custody arrangement - and if not divorced then there probably isn't an issue. My daughter had her own passport so I don't think it matters. Maybe the kids move their own Aus passports and traveling with their father - so why stop him?

So I guess the question is, why does Novys car get parked in that spot regularly? By her or by Mr Chardon?

When my husband took my daughter to UK from NZ two years ago he didn't need anything. How would customs know if there was any custody arrangement - and if not divorced then there probably isn't an issue. My daughter had her own passport so I don't think it matters. Maybe the kids move their own Aus passports and traveling with their father - so why stop him?

So I guess the question is, why does Novys car get parked in that spot regularly? By her or by Mr Chardon?

Thanks Goldilox .... I looked a bit further and discovered that it is only when applying for a passport that both parents need to consent. There are other avenues of the law to follow if the child already has a passport and one parent doesn't want their child to leave the country. Novy's children must have their own passports.

http://www.australianfamilylaw.com.au/page/Resources/Travelling_Overseas_with_Children/

So he is going to let Tracy Grimshaw interview him to ‘get the media off his back’.

How inconsiderate of Novy to disappear and cause him such inconveniences.

Hi guys....does anyone know how to start a new thread for a missing person?? I don't and I couldn.t see one started for the british backpacker missing in the outback.......I am a bit concerned about him, and am feeling for his family who are flying over here.....I haven't been reading this thread about Novy, but just to put my two cents in............the husband is looking mighty suspicious to me.

Hi guys....does anyone know how to start a new thread for a missing person?? I don't and I couldn.t see one started for the british backpacker missing in the outback.......I am a bit concerned about him, and am feeling for his family who are flying over here.....I haven't been reading this thread about Novy, but just to put my two cents in............the husband is looking mighty suspicious to me.

I started a thread for Sam Woodhead located at the below link:

Australia Australia/UK - Sam Woodhead - 18 yrs old - backpacker/Queensland Outback 12-Feb-2013 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

February 15, 2013 2:21PM

WATER police will today search the Nerang River for clues to the disappearance of Gold Coast mum Novy Chardon as detectives admit they now fear the worst.

Police have also released CCTV photos of Mrs Chardon at a service station and McDonald's drive-through on the night she disappeared.

They have revealed she had a female friend with her at the time and drove to her Upper Coomera home before she went missing on the night of February 6.

And in another twist, they say they want to speak to a motorist and a moped rider seen about 2am in a Nerang street on the night she disappeared, and where her car was later found abandoned.

849632-novy-chardon.jpg

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...e-hunt-continues/story-e6freon6-1226578269178

February 15, 2013 3:38PM

ADMITTING they now fear the worst, police have called in divers to begin searching the Nerang River for missing Gold Coast mother Novy Chardon.

An operation originally planned for the weekend has been moved forward to 3.30pm (AEST) on Friday.

The operation will begin at a boat ramp near a large skateboard park on the western side of the M1 motorway.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...issing-qld-woman/story-e6freono-1226578930526

Police are urging anyone who saw the vehicle or anyone associated with the vehicle between 11pm Wednesday February 6 and 6pm Monday February 11 to contact Crime Stoppers.
Mrs Chardon, 34, was last seen on February 6 at a Bridie Drive, Upper Coomera residence.

http://river949.com.au/index.php/lo...-continue-search-for-missing-gold-coast-woman

And in another twist, they say they want to speak to a motorist and a moped rider seen about 2am in a Nerang street on the night she disappeared, and where her car was later found abandoned.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...e-hunt-continues/story-e6freon6-1226578269178

So Novy was last seen at home at 11pm, then there is the ‘twist’ mentioned above.

Who saw a motorist and moped rider at 2am in Nerang, and what does that have to do with Novy? Is that when her car was left there? Hmm …

Poor Novy. poor Novys kids. Sounds rather bleak. Hope she just dumped the car and is hiding out with friends to piss her husband off instead

Regional crime co-ordinator Superintendent David Hutchinson said police had information to suggest one of the vehicles' occupants may have dropped off Mrs Chardon's car on Bowden Court, Nerang the morning after she went missing.

''What I can say at the moment is that we are aware at about 2am on that day (Thursday, February 7) a motor vehicle came down the street and did a U-turn in the vicinity of where the vehicle was located and we believe that vehicle may have been dropping the car off,'' he said.

''We can also say that a moped drove down the street around that time.''

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2013/02/15/447334_gold-coast-news.html

I'm interested to find out the husband's vehicle type/model and the same for the vehicle that did the U turn near where Novy's car was found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper