Found Safe Australia - Oliver Yang, 12, Mudgearaba in Queensland, 11 May 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
His poor parents, I can't even imagine. I hope he is located safe any second now.

It does sound like something really unusual from the reporting - the information they had to go on initially seemed fairly specific. It almost reads like a family abduction scenario but with more risk and urgency, so while I'd usually be dubious of it being organised crime related, I think it is a possibility.

Is Somerset College an actual university like it would be in America? Why was he there?

Such a cute kid. I'm really scared for him :(.

No. A private school. We call what you call colleges, universities.

No. A private school. We call what you call colleges, universities.

OK, thank you. Here we have colleges and universities both, but they are all post high school. So maybe what would be a college there is a prep school here?

I really hope this is just a family abduction.

Is Somerset College an actual university like it would be in America? Why was he there?

Such a cute kid. I'm really scared for him :(.

We use the term college for some schools, both public and private, and in my experience, when it is applied to University/Tertiary education, it is for departments in or accommodation associated with a university - we use the term university for the whole institution - you go to "uni" not college, and even if your school is a college by name, you go to "school".

Somerset college is a private primary to secondary school, you can go there from what many places call pre-school, to your final year of high school.

I’m glad there were witnesses and law enforcement have a lead and we are not looking at a William Tyrrell abduction with no witnesses.

But they said possible registration so it might not be right. They should have a description of the man since he got out the car.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hopefully it won’t take long to match a similar registration number with the make and model of the car. That should give police the lead they need, unless the number plates and/or car were stolen. I hope they find Oliver soon.

Was this maybe a targeted abduction? Is someone in Oliver's family in a powerful position somewhere?

If this was planned or even targeted, which to me it looks like, the number plates are probably fake or stolen, unfortunately :( jmo

Just saw a snippet on ABC news 24, police stating not ruling anything in or out at the moment including family involvement and he was taken outside the family home. I'll link when it becomes available.

Hmm maybe a family separation with someone not quite right in the mix.

"They do not believe at this stage that Oliver was taken by a direct family member, but they are talking to members of his family in an attempt to establish who might have taken Oliver and why."

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2018/05/11/20/51/gold-coast-amber-alert-missing-boy-pulled-into-hatch

police have just released these images

Police have just released CCTV pics of the JEEP Compass they believe to be involved in the abduction of 12 year Oliver Yang. @9NewsQueensland License plates 760 TNH

8BA83CD2-E061-42B6-88D8-0A99788DD6CF.jpg

95F5C1DC-70B6-4389-95CD-377459FF8B54.jpg

Please let this boy be found safe and unharmed.

In a way I'm hoping there is family involvement, rather than some random opportunistic perp who abducted Oliver.

I have to think that it is a stolen car, otherwise they were really blatant about it.

Gold Coast News
Gold Coast News
@GoldCoastBureau
·
52s
FOUND!! Missing Gold Coast boy Oliver Yang has been found safe in Grafton in northern NSW. A 53-year-old man is with police.
@couriermail

Thank goodness.

I hope that nothing awful happened to him. Grafton means that he stopped somewhere, unless that was his final destination. He could have travelled much further than that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaltPetals
Back