Australia Australia - Paddy Moriarty, 70, & his dog Kellie, Larrimah, NT, 16 Dec 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My money’s on OL for Paddy’s and Kellie’s suspicious disappearances. With maybe a little help from the pie lady and that pet crocodile.
From your link "Paddy Moriarty Disappeared", the crocodile was "apparently cleared". I wonder how you'd "clear" a living crocodile. Tested his surroundings for human remains, perhaps? X-rayed him? Checked his excretions for teeth?

From your link "Paddy Moriarty Disappeared", the crocodile was "apparently cleared". I wonder how you'd "clear" a living crocodile. Tested his surroundings for human remains, perhaps? X-rayed him? Checked his excretions for teeth?

That’s what I was wondering. Tested his pool for human blood? Looked in there for human bones? DNA samples? The mind boggles.

In reality, I think poor old Paddy and Kellie are concealed in the outback somewhere. But where? I wonder if there are old bore holes or mine shafts within driving distance?

My money’s on OL for Paddy’s and Kellie’s suspicious disappearances. With maybe a little help from the pie lady and that pet crocodile.

The smart money is on OL alright.

Not sure when the inquest reconvenes. But I would love to be a fly on the wall there - particularly when the coroner delivers his findings.

The smart money is on OL alright.

Not sure when the inquest reconvenes. But I would love to be a fly on the wall there - particularly when the coroner delivers his findings.

I’m not sure either. The ABC was covering it quite extensively so I’ll keep a look out on their News website.

The entire inquest would have been interesting, given the cast of characters. I’m looking forward to reading the NT Coroner’s findings too.

Mine shafts and OL . . . I just wonder with him being fairly new to the district and mixing with no one but Fran apparently, how many such places would he be aware of?

Mine shafts and OL . . . I just wonder with him being fairly new to the district and mixing with no one but Fran apparently, how many such places would he be aware of?

Maybe he had a tour guide. Or else poor Paddy and Kellie are buried in a shallow grave somewhere in the great outback.

Seem to remember Fran Hodgetts describing Owen Laurie as a real hard man who had spent a lot of time working in the bush. If that's the case, it wouldn't take him long to get familiar with Larrimah's surroundings.

It's interesting how the story has changed, in the initial media releases it was stated Paddy was harassing Fran for years, that he dumped a dead kangaroo under her house among other things, now it's revealed she dumped a dead animal on his property first.
I hope his remains will be found soon (and his dog) and this solved.

What a town! :eek:

An article on the case in the UK's Independent newspaper:

Mysterious disappearance in small Australian town turns neighbour against neighbour

Dusk was falling on the sweltering hot day of 16 December 2017, when Paddy Moriarty went to the Pink Panther, the only hotel and bar in Larrimah, to end the day with his usual round of drinks.

He downed eight beers, typical for Moriarty, a labourer who spent most of his life in Australia’s rugged outback. Then he left for home with his dog by his side.

He was never seen again. Neither was his dog, a kelpie named Kellie.

Small Australian town's neighbours turn on each other over mysterious disappearance

Pub with crocodiles for sale. Passed in at auction.

"We would like to see more done. I know detectives are not magicians … I'd like them to at least give us a little bit of information, a little bit of hope that something's going to be done."

World-famous Larrimah outback pub up for sale, crocodiles included

Poor old Paddy (and ‘Rover’?)

‘Mr Hodgson also said Mr Moriarty was missed.

"Miss his little antics, like riding his pushbike home and riding through a barbed wire fence. Him and his old dog Rover," he said.’

:)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back