Australia Australia - Paddy Moriarty, 70, & his dog Kellie, Larrimah, NT, 16 Dec 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Damn, now it's paywalled for me too. As I remember, then, the article reported Simpson being questioned at the inquest. He was asked if he, I don't remember the phrasing, was responsible for Paddy's disappearance. He denied it, said something like, why would he do that, Paddy was a mate. The article said some people in town suspected Simpson. The pub owner agreed to the reporter's suggestion that it looked like Simpson was jealous of Paddy's popularity at the bar. There was something about Simpson being temperamental or irascible or unpredictable or something, and he ceased employment at the pub a week previously (so May or June this year?), not sure if it said he was sacked. One of the town's women (not Fran) agreed about Simpson's peculiar behaviour and said she thought he might have been on drugs. Simpson has since left Larrimah. Billy Light Can, Fran's ex-husband, was mentioned too, I think as a friend of Simpson. I'm not sure, but I think there was more about Paddy being hard to get along with, provoking people.

Thanks JLZ. I recall a little about Simpson being called as a witness at the inquest but not in that detail. I think Paddy might have been a bit of a *advertiser censored*-stirrer :D

Today, one year ago, is the last time there was evidence that Paddy Moriarty was inside his outback home, on the fringe of the Stuart Highway, in the remote Northern Territory.

He and his trusty kelpie Kellie have vanished.

The telltale clues inside Paddy Moriarty's house that led police to suspect homicide

Several previously unreleased photos from inside Mr Moriarty's house are included...
Thanks for keeping us up-to-date, GC. Seeing Paddy’s simple possessions left abandoned in his home makes me feel sad for him and for Kellie. I hope that they at least went wherever they went together.

Also, the last paragraph of the article says that a feature length version of A Dog Act: Homicide on the Highway will air on ABC News Channel 24 tonight at 9:05pm. I’m looking forward to hearing more about Paddy and Kellie—and the progress of the investigation.

Paddy Moriarty's Larrimah house contained a series of clues which led police to suspect homicide

Now, for the first time, images taken by Northern Territory police inside his deserted home have been released to the ABC.

They show the physical evidence that helped stoke fear within the police force, and among other residents in the tiny town of Larrimah, that he is dead and may be the victim of a homicide.

The chook, the hats and the dim sims: Clues that made police concerned for Paddy Moriarty

One thing that struck me, not that it has anything to do with the case.

He was a very neat person, with a place for everything. Like things folded on chairs and neatly arranged.
Yeah, he was a neat person; well organised. That much was evident from his daily pub routine; having his x number of beers each day at the pub, his own ‘place’ there, etc.A creature of habit. No wonder there are grave fears for his (and Kellie’s) safety.

I reckon I would’ve liked Paddy. I’ve been known to be a bit of a *advertiser censored*-stirrer myself; just quietly.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LinLu
Back