Australia Australia - Paddy Moriarty, 70, & his dog Kellie, Larrimah, NT, 16 Dec 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Larrimah gets a gossipy true crime doco

Review of Last Stop Larrimah.

Behind a paywall, I think. Posting it here for those who subscribe.
I watched both episodes on Netflix last night. Worth a watch if you’re interested in the case. Not really any new information from what I remembered already reading about the case, but was good to get an insight into the town dynamics and hear from the residents themselves.

I loved the documentary, even though I’ve followed the case closely, I got a much better feel for the residents, but it gave me more suspects than less.
Pie lady has gone down my list, and barman and pub owner have gone up.

I loved the documentary, even though I’ve followed the case closely, I got a much better feel for the residents, but it gave me more suspects than less.
Pie lady has gone down my list, and barman and pub owner have gone up.
Likewise, it bought all the until then 2 dimensional characters to life for me.

Even though there were only about a dozen residents at the time of Paddy's disappearance, it is hard to put a line through too many.

the book is good! I recommend it. Might not give much new info if you've followed from the start (I had not), but it is very evocative and atmospheric and really puts you 'in' Larrimah.

I just finished the book. I got it partly because you said it was good. :)

A really enjoyable read that puts you in the landscape. The authors did a good job of getting across the feeling of the places and the people.

What a mystery. They are as baffled at the end of their 3-year investigation as they were at the beginning, if not more baffled.

The article contains a really good 3D visual of Paddy's place ... as provided by the police at the inquest.
It shows all of the personal things he left behind, as well. And there is a photo of Kelly (beautiful dog) in the video.

Paddy's house is expected to be for sale online "on Monday". Does that mean today? I am not finding it on realestate.com.au or domain.

imo

Was there supposed to be sound in the 3D visual?
No sound for me, though my sound is working in everything else.

I guess I just got used to sound with all videos, even if it's just scenery or other real estate ones I've seen.

I'm also impressed with the visual.

And do the proceeds go to the Public Trustee to be held, or have any relatives of Paddy come forward ?

The article contains a really good 3D visual of Paddy's place ... as provided by the police at the inquest.
It shows all of the personal things he left behind, as well. And there is a photo of Kelly (beautiful dog) in the video.

Paddy's house is expected to be for sale online "on Monday". Does that mean today? I am not finding it on realestate.com.au or domain.

imo
Saw in there that the sign on the property reads : “Auction, Tuesday 7th May – 11am onsite"

Maybe it was a conspiracy between several of them?
This is exactly what I think.

Look up Rex McElroy, basically the town bully who had the police in his pocket. He did many mean things to many people in the town. They were having a town hall with the Sheriff, and someone informed them that Rex was pulling up to the local bar. Rex was shot and killed, and despite there being lots of onlookers, no one claimed to have witnessed the shooting.

Something similar happened in India, too. (Though I cannot remember the names). Basically this one man terrorized the entire town and never had to answer for it in court. A very brave young woman was home from college and stood up to him, threating to blow up her own home if he did not leave. The townsfolk all took arms and burned his house down, and more than 100 people attacked him when he was leaving the courthouse of his trial. Sad part is, the young woman was on track to be the first person there with a college education and was excelling in school. This incident prevented her from returning to school again and she is stuck in that small town.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back