Australia Australia - Prabha Kumar, 41, Parramatta, NSW, 7 March 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It seems bigger news in a India than it is in Aus.

Bengaluru: A team of police from Sydney is in Bengaluru investigating the possibility of a local angle in the murder of Prabha Arun Kumar, a senior technical analyst who was stabbed by an unidentified person in Strathfield ??? in March 2015.
Mrs. Kumar was barely a few yards from her house and on the phone with her husband in Bengaluru when she told him that a man was following her. Soon after, the man attacked her.
The Sydney police are coordinating with the Cyber Crime Cell of the CID.
CCTV footage from three cameras on the night of the crime show Mrs. Kumar alighting from a train at Parramatta station in a Sydney suburb. She was being followed by a man wearing a jacket. He was following her even as she walked on Argyle Street towards her house.

"Going by the modus operandi, the assailant could be a contract killer,” said a senior police officer.

Bengaluru: A team of police from Sydney is in Bengaluru investigating the possibility of a local angle in the murder of Prabha Arun Kumar,
Sources told The Hindu that the Sydney police are investigating whether someone known to Mrs. Kumar had orchestrated the attack. They are probing the case with the assistance of cyber crime sleuths here

"The assailant did not rob Mrs. Kumar. Among other things, she was wearing a gold chain leading police to suspect that it was not a murder for gain. They are now probing whether she was murdered for personal reasons,”

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/bangalore/Sydney-police-team-in-city-to-pursue-probe-into-murder-of-Prabha-Arun-Kumar/article17074530.ece

I keep wondering if Prabha's partner and/or one or more of his family members were involved in orchestrating her murder. Indian women are often maimed/murdered in their home country as a means of 'solving' a domestic dispute.

BENGALURU: Prabha Arun Kumar, 41, a Bengalurean who was fatally stabbed in a Sydney park nearly two years ago, may have been a victim of contract killing commissioned by persons known to her in Karnataka, Australian police investigating the murder are believed to have said in a report submitted to a court. A three-member team from New South Wales police, headed by homicide department commander Richi Sim and comprising constables L Daniel and Bika Singh, arrived in the city on January 14 and questioned Prabha's family, friends and colleagues before flying back on January 28

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/bengaluru/supari-to-murder-prabha-arun-kumar-given-from-karnataka/articleshow/57072763.cms

BENGALURU: Prabha Arun Kumar, 41, a Bengalurean who was fatally stabbed in a Sydney park nearly two years ago, may have been a victim of contract killing commissioned by persons known to her in Karnataka, Australian police investigating the murder are believed to have said in a report submitted to a court. A three-member team from New South Wales police, headed by homicide department commander Richi Sim and comprising constables L Daniel and Bika Singh, arrived in the city on January 14 and questioned Prabha's family, friends and colleagues before flying back on January 28

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/bengaluru/supari-to-murder-prabha-arun-kumar-given-from-karnataka/articleshow/57072763.cms

I always suspected it was something like this. :(

THE husband of murdered mother-of-one Prabha Arun Kumar who was killed as she walked home through Parramatta Park has hit out against the intense coverage in the Indian media following his wife’s death.

Arun Kumar told The Times of India that he and his daughter, 12-year-old Meghana were suffering as a result of the unsubstantiated speculation surrounding his wife’s murder.

In response to unsourced reports in the Indian media that compensation money from his wife’s death was transferred to a woman in Sri Lanka, Mr Kumar said: “I simply deny the allegations. These are baseless statements.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...r/news-story/7566f984b9e84fbc0aa22728822b23d4

A CLOSE family member of slain IT worker Prabha Kumar has accused police of looking in the wrong place for her killer.

Ms Kumar’s nephew Thrijesh Jayachandra believes homicide detectives trying to solve the two year mystery are fixated on someone from India — possibly a family member — having organised the stabbing attack on March 7, 2015.
Mr Jayachandra, 26, told news.com.au this week the family thought the killing plot originated in Sydney because someone she crossed paths with “hated her”.
The 41-year-old had confided to family about a source of conflict at work, “but didn’t mention names”.
“We have told police this and have asked them to double-check [potential suspects],” Mr Jayachandra said.
Ms Kumar’s family feared the real “culprit” was being “hidden” from police.
His comments come as speculation ramps up in Indian media the murder was a contract killing orchestrated by someone close to her, most likely a family member.

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...l/news-story/9a92f95f6eb596b3d86a540aaf611339

It says that Ms Kumar’s decision to become an Australian citizen was opposed by family members that “could have sparked a tussle and led to the killing”.
The story said “investigations revealed that a family member was upset with Prabha over a property-related issue. The (person) in question had accused Prabha of becoming a nuisance in getting (a) share of the property”.

“The woman made a statement to Australian investigators that she received the funds as loan to overcome a financial crisis,” the Deccan Herald story said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...r/news-story/a44ebf47d9a87964a4cbdc41f6e9865d

Thanks for the updates tgy. Hmmm, a family member may have orchestrated a hit on Prabha Arun Kumar? I hope the culprit is caught and brought to justice, I imagine there would be several involved but one instigator. Shocking how greed brings the worst out in people.

Thanks for the updates tgy. Hmmm, a family member may have orchestrated a hit on Prabha Arun Kumar? I hope the culprit is caught and brought to justice, I imagine there would be several involved but one instigator. Shocking how greed brings the worst out in people.

This makes me wonder if this was the reason Prabha was killed.

I read about Indian dowries and how the in-laws can continue demanding. The average dowry is between $25,000-$50,000.
A daughter is given a dowry where the son receives the inheritance.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-29/dowry-abuse-domestic-violence-kasish-story/8745118

Has Prabha been forgotten and will her murderer be found?

APRIL 23, 2017

THE family of slain Indian woman Prabha Kumar say Australian homicide detectives are looking in the wrong place for her killer.

Mr Jayachandra, 26, told news.com.au this week the family thought the killing plot originated in Sydney because someone she crossed paths with “hated her”.

The 41-year-old had confided to family about a source of conflict at work, “but didn’t mention names”.

“We have told police this and have asked them to double-check [potential suspects],” Mr Jayachandra said.

Days after Prabha was murdered I visited that Parramatta park to pay my respects, I saw the long steep walkway from the road leading up towards houses, I saw flowers laid near a bench seat and then I saw the blood stained concrete. She bled heavily.

Bumping again for Prabha.
Praying for a break in the search for her murderer.
I wonder if her murderer was known or simply a crackhead crossed her path.

EXCLUSIVE: Prabha Kumar's husband slams theory her Sydney killing was organised from India

The husband of a woman who was fatally stabbed walking through a Sydney park says it is "highly impossible" that someone from her native India arranged her killing
Police say this is because she was not sexually assaulted, or robbed and there was no evidence her death was racially motivated.
As a coronial inquest examining her death approaches, 9News travelled to India to ask her husband, Arun Kumar, and her family if they had any idea about who would want her killed.
Mr Kumar said the theory her death was ordered by someone in India was "bulls--t" and said he would happily return to Australia if asked by police to attend the inquest which is likely to be held early next year.

Husband slams theory his wife's murder was an organised killing

Watch the video!
Husband was living with a girlfriend and didn’t tell the cops. The reporter asks what was he going to do when Prabha as due to come home soon.
So Praha was working in Aust and sending money home to him while he was shacked up with a young pretty girlfriend.

Snake in the grass this one.

9News - Latest news and headlines from Australia and the world

Her father said although he does not like to think someone in India organised her murder, he said the fact she was speaking in a distinguishable dialect at the time she was killed, would make her easily recognisable to an Indian hitman.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back