Australia Australia - Prabha Kumar, 41, Parramatta, NSW, 7 March 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This case has left me very disturbed. I live in a suburb very closeby to the one in which Prabha was killed. I have jogged down that path many times (although not at night). Last night, at the exact time of the candlelight vigil, there was a very eerie storm (trees were swaying violently) which appeared out of nowhere and the sky had a reddish hue where we were. It only lasted for 45 mins or so then there was a deathly calm and skies were completely clear again as they had been before the storm.

I had forgotten about the Amesha Rajapakse case (read about it in local paper last year)but now I do wonder if there is a connection. The apartments are very close to the path Prabha was murdered on. I am guessing the attacker is not South Asian because surely she would have tried pleading with him in Hindi (even if not native language of either) if there was a slight chance she thought he might be. She described him as a hefty guy. I am not sure what rules on names are on this site are but there was a case of a guy from Wentworthville (suburb next to hers) who was convicted in 2008 of a string of assaults in bushland areas of Sydney. He was due for release in Feb 2015 but due to successfully appealing the rape charge (on a technicality), he got out in 2013. Within months, he was back in court because he had lured French and German tourists with fake job offers (and a fake name) of mushroom picking and took them out to the middle of nowhere in a van in the middle of the night. They were not assaulted but perhaps because they ran off .I've found no outcomes on those later cases but presumably it was dropped? The French girls described him in a news report (available on Youtube) as 'big and strong, impossible to overcome'. The only house in Wentworthville with a phone number listing of that surname (but which is quite a common one otherwise) is almost in a direct line with that of Prabha's path and the apartments which Amesha Rajapakse was found behind. The lack of motive (no robbery, no sexual assault) also made me wonder about possible contract killing though (they would generally be wellbuilt). Which is a horrible thought.

I don't know how to take the huge thing either. It's a bit subjective. Maybe Prabha is a small lady, so a lot of people looked big to her. Maybe he was overweight.
When I drive through parramatta I do find myself looking out for big people :/

A 'huge' man following her??? What could this mean? Firstly, she must have looked behind her at some stage. In response to a noise? Having passed someone in the street who was eyeing her? And what's with 'huge'?? What do people make of this? Huge, as in physique?
The motive thing bugs me too. Not robbery (although I believe I heard or read somewhere that her phone is missing), not sexual assault. That's been confirmed now.
As someone said above, who just walks up to someone and stabs them to death?!
It just doesn't sound like any other case that's related to sexual assault, if there have been such cases in the area. I did think of Amesha too, but I think there are more dissimilarities than similarities.
With no immediate apparent motive, I wouldn't be surprised if there is more to this. And not at all suggesting the husband is involved. I thought I heard on ABC TV News tonight that police were looking to the local Indian community for information?? Did anyone else hear that?
Was also reported that police had spoken to witnesses but would not reveal what information they had gathered.
Excerpt from linked article:
Police have interviewed numerous witnesses but Detective Superintendent Willing wouldn’t divulge what investigators had discovered.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-to-step-forward/story-fni0cx12-1227259495324

Agree @ dissimilarities

Huge is a term South Asians use for a big-made person. Can be someone that is tall and/or bulky.

I was puzzled about the intention behind this crime so I did some research on the net. It seems there is a mental illness that makes the patient want to kill people and/or find pleasure in seeing blood and seeing the victim suffer. Could it be what happened on Sat night?

I also came across a patient querying about it on the net. It is scary.

http://psychcentral.com/ask-the-the...l-but-my-problem-seems-different-than-others/

This case has left me very disturbed. I live in a suburb very closeby to the one in which Prabha was killed. I have jogged down that path many times (although not at night). Last night, at the exact time of the candlelight vigil, there was a very eerie storm (trees were swaying violently) which appeared out of nowhere and the sky had a reddish hue where we were. It only lasted for 45 mins or so then there was a deathly calm and skies were completely clear again as they had been before the storm.

I had forgotten about the Amesha Rajapakse case (read about it in local paper last year)but now I do wonder if there is a connection. The apartments are very close to the path Prabha was murdered on. I am guessing the attacker is not South Asian because surely she would have tried pleading with him in Hindi (even if not native language of either) if there was a slight chance she thought he might be. She described him as a hefty guy.

mims, how eerie, that storm! It is scary to have something so bad happen nearby. I live close to where a man was found cut into pieces recently.. just makes my skin crawl..

The proximity to Amesha got my attention. And as it seems the reports of her being stuck in mud, etc, were not supported at all by Aus media, I have to assume they're bogus. And I wonder if she was strangled before being drowned. A large/strange person lurking around, just out of view of cctv, might explain why she was not willing to go out of the foyer. The total media blackout since Aug 30 is strange, too. And I have read about racially motivated attacks on women in the area, as well as a few pests. Interesting info on that guy who was released, thanks for that.

Oh, and good point about the guy probably not being Indian or similar. Good thinking.

Agree @ dissimilarities

Huge is a term South Asians use for a big-made person. Can be someone that is tall and/or bulky.

I was puzzled about the intention behind this crime so I did some research on the net. It seems there is a mental illness that makes the patient want to kill people and/or find pleasure in seeing blood and seeing the victim suffer. Could it be what happened on Sat night?

I also came across a patient querying about it on the net. It is scary.

http://psychcentral.com/ask-the-the...l-but-my-problem-seems-different-than-others/

Mental illness a good point Keshi. I don't wish to stereotype but it is true that conditions like schizophrenia can occasionally lead people to seek to harm others. In one case I know of the perpetrator not even having regard for police and hiding the act (it was only attempted as police were called immediately and they did eventually restrain him physically). So this guy in westmead didn't want to get caught as he picked an isolated location, so he must havd some awareness of reality...
As for 'huge', I do agree many South Asians are not bulky in stature. However Prabhas husband isnt exactly petite either. So I think it might be more se asia than indian sub continent where that's predominant. Besides, Prabha had been in Sydney for a few years so she wasnt that new to the average physique of people here.
The thought of being followed like that and attacked in a dark lane creeps me out like nothing else!

Mental illness a good point Keshi. I don't wish to stereotype but it is true that conditions like schizophrenia can occasionally lead people to seek to harm others. In one case I know of the perpetrator not even having regard for police and hiding the act (it was only attempted as police were called immediately and they did eventually restrain him physically). So this guy in westmead didn't want to get caught as he picked an isolated location, so he must havd some awareness of reality...
As for 'huge', I do agree many South Asians are not bulky in stature. However Prabhas husband isnt exactly petite either. So I think it might be more se asia than indian sub continent where that's predominant. Besides, Prabha had been in Sydney for a few years so she wasnt that new to the average physique of people here.
The thought of being followed like that and attacked in a dark lane creeps me out like nothing else!

It freaks me out just thinking about it! Like a horror flick :(

It is really sad Prabha had to go through such an ordeal by herself. With nobody around to help her. I keep thinking about the terror in her last few moments. It's beyond imaginable.

However Prabha's case has great potential to be solved as opposed to Amesha's case with no evidence of an attacker and having no witnesses. Although not being able to establish a motive for Prabha's murder still puzzles me. I wonder if this has nothing to do with a junkie or a mentally ill person, and whether Prabha was targeted. For a reason we don't know yet?

PS: Don't take back roads at night. It's always better to catch a taxi home. Safety first, always. Nowhere is 100% safe!

(Excerpt from Morgan Huxley's stabbing murder)

Mr Kelsall said he spoke to his son's GP, who believed Kelsall had been misdiagnosed with bipolar disorder and was being "over medicated".

Last week, the court heard from the prosecution that it will be alleged Kelsall told psychiatrists he had thoughts of killing someone with a knife.

Based on CCTV footage, police will allege Kelsall followed Mr Huxley home from the nearby Oaks Hotel.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...nt-feel-safe-after-murder#ktgO1MRYYbS9Ldgb.99

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...cused-son-caring-didnt-feel-safe-after-murder

Tgy I couldn't get a route as my map has no walking option, but the horizontal line of trees is where she was murdered. To the right offscreen is parramatta station,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 98
For those of you thinking about some mentally ill person, Cumberland hospital is about 20 mins walk away from here, through parramatta park. The criminal ward has pretty good security though.

She had alighted the train at Parra station and walked down Argyle Street towards Park Parade. She was attacked in Park Parade near Amos Street according to the news articles. It was a lonely, dimly lit stretch of the park near a golf course. This is an image of her route on Saturday. I really feel sad even as I type this.

image.jpg

That's not even parramatta park. I don't know why it's being reported like that. Parramatta park is on the other side of the train line.

That's not even parramatta park. I don't know why it's being reported like that. Parramatta park is on the other side of the train line.

That's exactly what was confusing me Cute.cotton.sox. It's Parramatta Golf Club!
It appears to be approx 15-20 minute walk.

There's a few weirdos around Parramatta, if fact I avoid the place.

All walking routes took me from the other side of Parramatta rail station.

I did a Google walk along Argyle down to Park Street & it's bloody spooky in daylight let alone late at night!
There's several railway bridges which alone are dark and spooky.
OMG & then the walk through the park NO WAY!! I can't see any securitylighting. Jeeze

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 102

This map is from Google. The park is to the left of the station. As you can see here. Not sure what you mean by the park being on the other side of the station. Her route was Argyle street to Park Parade where she was attacked. And as per this map from google, the article's map is correct.

image.jpg

Call for better lighting and surveillance cameras after murder in Parramatta Park

WESTMEAD residents are in shock following the brutal stabbing murder of Prabha Arun Kumar at a popular walkway across Parramatta Park on the weekend.

Questions are also being raised about whether more lighting is needed along the path between Argyle and Amos Streets, or if surveillance cameras need to be installed to boost security.

Married mother of one Ms Kumar was walking home from Parramatta Railway Station after working a double shift at an IT firm when she was stabbed to death in the park about 9.30pm on Saturday night.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-parramatta-park/story-fngr8huy-1227257215974

This map is from Google. The park is to the left of the station. As you can see here. Not sure what you mean by the park being on the other side of the station. Her route was Argyle street to Park Parade where she was attacked. And as per this map from google, the article's map is correct.

View attachment 71014

Trust me. It isn't parramatta park. The entrance to parramatta park is next to the rsl on your map.
It is a small path that goes in between parramatta high school and a small golf course.

During the day there is limited visibility from Pitt street up he path due to it being a steep hill.

Trust me. It isn't parramatta park. The entrance to parramatta park is next to the rsl on your map.
It is a small path that goes in between parramatta high school and a small golf course.

During the day there is limited visibility from Pitt street up he path due to it being a steep hill.

You're spot on soxys- look at the dropped pin.

From the dropped pin Prabha had to walk down that tree lined path.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 100

Nobody said this happened in Parramatta park. It happened in Park Parade. That's what the maps show.

Btw I know Parramatta park. Been there many times.

Nobody said this happened in Parramatta park. It happened in Park Parade. That's what the maps show.

Btw I know Parramatta park. Been there many times.

I wish MSM can get their facts straight because most are stating it's Parramatta Park. :gaah:

You're spot on soxys- look at the dropped pin.

From the dropped pin Prabha had to walk down that tree lined path.

Yeah that's the entry into Park Parade. That's what my very first comment with the map stated.

Parramatta park wasn't mentioned anywhere. I can't understand the confusion here.

Lol the thread title, the daily telegraph, and the map you posted all say parra park, not that it's particularly important, just annoying.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back