Australia Australia - Prabhdeep Srawn, 25, Canadian, Snowy Mtns, NSW, 13 May 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:bump: Bumping for Prabhdeep -
Spring is coming and the snows will be melting soon - lets hope that this will also uncover some clue lay hidden for the past 3 years as to where Prabhdeep may be.

Here are the details of Prabhdeep when he was reported Missing

Overview of case:
Missing from: Kosciuszko National Park NSW Australia
Date Missing: Monday 13th May 2013
Last Known Whereabouts: Charlotte Pass Car Park - then walking the MAIN RANGE WALKING TRACK - which leads to Mount Kosciuszko.
Missing Persons Report made: Monday 20th May 2013 - Prabhdeep was missing for a week before his hire car was discovered in the Charlotte Pass Village car Park.

Physical Description:
Hair: short brown/black hair
Eyes: brown eyes
Complexion: Tanned - Indian Heritage
Height: 6 foot 1 inch / 183cm
Build: Med - Fit

attachment.php
attachment.php

Prabhdeep was wearing:
A white t-shirt
Blue jeans.
Shoes (Unknown)

Possibly wearing -
A red and black “Frogg Toggs” ski jacket - The body of the jacket is described as being red with a black hood and shoulder section.
and also...
Pictured above:
HOODED WINTER FLEECE JACKET - Size: L - Colour: Grey - Brand: STILLWATER SUPPLY COMPANY - Design: Double layered Fleece
OUTER LAYER: pattern Grey box checkered - black buttons up - outer pockets either side of chest
INNER JACKET LAYER: soft grey fleece with zipper
LINING: Dark Grey thick wool-like fleece.

Just some suggestions:
If you find any items in the National Park which seem out of place - shoes / phone / backpack / gloves / glasses / personal items
- do not disturb the item
- photograph the item where it lay untouched
- GPS the location - mark the location / place a marker near the location so it can be found again / and record details of your find
- Contact Police / follow Police instructions / Unable to make contact: notify the Police on return - immediately.
- If you have to retrieve an item - try not to disturb the surrounds, minimal handling contact / try not to touch the item with hands / place the item in a bag or wrap it so it will remain as found (even with debris on it)

Help bring the Missing Home.

Attachments

• srawn.jpg.size.custom.crop.650x650.jpg
    srawn.jpg.size.custom.crop.650x650.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 86
  • Identical Jacket Prabhdeep bought before Missing.jpg
    Identical Jacket Prabhdeep bought before Missing.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 86
4 years Missing ...

Another year has passed and still there is no word as to what has happened to Prabhdeep Srawn.
Still hoping that this young man will be found and questions will be answered as to how he disappeared.
Prayers for Prabh's family at this time of year.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Nature_Field_spring_flower_field_flowers_morning_sunrise_golden_Yellow_hope_nature_beautiful_119.jpg
    Nature_Field_spring_flower_field_flowers_morning_sunrise_golden_Yellow_hope_nature_beautiful_119.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 52
When Prabhdeep disappeared, there were only a few ways to see the area in which he went missing.
4 years later, Google Virtual Walking Tours of National Parks has mapped the walking tracks in the Mt Kosciusko area, and now you can do a virtual walk around the track that it is presumed that Prabhdeep was walking the day he disappeared.
It gives a better understanding as to how the terrain looked, and then what it looked like when the snow was on the ground not long after her started his walk in the area.

VIRTUAL WALKING TOUR -
Main Range walking track entrance - walking track
once here on the link below you can walk the track.
If you pan 360 degrees you can see the car park to the walking track as well.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-36...Lsdbybv8R82MQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!9m2!1b1!2i16

Picture only below - press link above to go on virtual walk of the Main Range Track
attachment.php

Blue Lake walk
https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-36...qReBAW_7V2Bbg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!9m2!1b1!2i16

Picture only below - press link above to go on virtual walk along Blue Lake
attachment.php

Charolette pass boardwalk lookout
https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-36...KBD92DD5mFCsA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!9m2!1b1!2i16

Picture only below - press link above to go on virtual walk along the Board Walk
attachment.php

Virtual Walk to Mt Kosciuszko - walking along the trail up to the Mountain.
https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-36...v-Oucx07gdkYQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!9m2!1b1!2i16

Picture only below - press link above to go on virtual walk the trail up to Mt Kosciuszko
attachment.php

National Parks and Wildlife Information about walking to the Summit:
http://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/things-to-do/walking-tracks/mount-kosciuszko-summit-walk

Hope remains.

Attachments

• PS MTK MAIN TRACK.JPG
    PS MTK MAIN TRACK.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 41
  • PS MTK BLUE LAKE.jpg
    PS MTK BLUE LAKE.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 41
  • prahbdeep srawn charlotte pass broadwalk lookout walk 1 alert 3 Capture.jpg
    prahbdeep srawn charlotte pass broadwalk lookout walk 1 alert 3 Capture.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 41
  • PS MTK WALK TO MOUNTAIN.JPG
    PS MTK WALK TO MOUNTAIN.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 42
Please keep Prabhdeep Srawn in your thoughts if you are heading to the Snowy Mountains during the season.

He is still missing

attachment.php

Attachments

• Prabhdeep Srawn SMH.JPG
    Prabhdeep Srawn SMH.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 39
Wondering if anyone has taken another look recently in the area where a voice might have been heard?
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-27/ranger-tell-of-hearing-yell-in-missing-bushwalker-inquest/6502184
[h=1]Park rangers heard a yell during search for missing Canadian bushwalker Prabhdeep Srawn[/h] By Jordan Hayne
Updated 28 May 2015

Canadian Army reservist Prabhdeep Srawn, 25, was last seen on May 13, 2013, the day before he is believed to have leftCharlotte Pass Village to walk to Mount Kosciuszko.

Despite an extensive search in the surrounding mountains, no trace of him was ever found.
On Wednesday, Parks and Wildlife ranger Jack Bulger told the New South Wales Coroner's Court he heard a yell while was repairing a hut in the area eight days into the search.
"It was a funny sound, I'd never heard it before," he said.
"It was sort of like a half yell. You couldn't make any words or anything out of it."
Fellow ranger Mark Mitchell also heard the sound from the Opera House Hut.
"It sounded like a human, not an animal sound," Mr Mitchell said.
"It wasn't audible sounds like, 'Please help me'."
Mr Batty told the court that the day started fine, but by lunchtime fierce winds and heavy snow descended on the trail, reducing visibility to just a few metres.

"It made it significantly difficult to stay on track and to continue navigating," Mr Batty said.
He told the court at one point he and his friends saw footprints in the snow.

Wondering if anyone has taken another look recently in the area where a voice might have been heard?
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-27/ranger-tell-of-hearing-yell-in-missing-bushwalker-inquest/6502184

I have just been looking over the area again dotr.

The area of the yelling sound was in the vicinity of the Opera House hut.
That's where one of the workman was when he heard the sound...

Quote:
"It was a funny sound, I'd never heard it before," he said.
"It was sort of like a half yell. You couldn't make any words or anything out of it."
Fellow ranger Mark Mitchell also heard the sound from the Opera House Hut.
"It sounded like a human, not an animal sound," Mr Mitchell said.
"It wasn't audible sounds like, 'Please help me'."

I wondered if the yelling had been coming from underground - for example, from the inside of the Siren Song Tunnel which is close to the Opera House Hut.
Or, if it had been in one of the tunnels in the area.
It had been raining/snowing unexpectedly, and water would have been down the Siren Song Tunnel.
There are in the Park (for the Hydro Electricity Scheme) many aqueducts -

--------
The Snowy Mountains Scheme consists of:
sixteen major dams
seven power stations
a pumping station
225 kilometres of tunnels, pipelines and aqueducts.
This makes it one of the most complex hydro-electric schemes in the world.
Only two per cent of the entire construction is visible above the ground.

The entire scheme covers a mountainous area of approximately 5,124 square kilometres in southern New South Wales.

---------

Here is a map showing:
Opera House Hut
Siren Song Tunnel

attachment.php

Brief History: Opera House Hut
https://khuts.org/index.php/the-huts/kosciuszko-national-park/690-opera-house

The Opera House Hut was built by the SMA in 1966, to manage water aqueducts running off the "Little Austria" area of the main range.
There was a rought track built by the Snowy Mountains Authority in the late 1950's or early 60's.
It started at Olsen's lookout, crossed the Geehi River by suspension bridge (no longer there).
It climbed up the ridge to an helicopter pad then split into two tracks, one to Siren Song Portal and one to Lady Northcotte's Canyon.

After a bit of research on the net... The Siren Song Tunnel
The Opera House Hut - has a very large aqueduct tunnel near it called Siren Song Tunnel.
The tunnel (although not an public access pathway) is used by hikers to walk to the OP Hut from the east - its not a closed access area.

The tunnel is big enough to drive a car through, and to walk through underground.
It does fill with water after a days heavy rain/snow/water off the mountain which may reach 6 ft in height, apparently a bit hard to tell when flowing through the tunnel.
The tunnel is dangerous when water starts to come through it and can easily wash anything in it, away.
The tunnels water exit falls into a pit and then into a closed tunnel.

The tunnel below is the Snowy-Geehi tunnel.
attachment.php

Links:
http://www.australia.gov.au/about-australia/australian-story/snowy-mountains-scheme
http://bushwalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=10478
http://forums.ski.com.au/xf/threads/trip-planning-help-opera-house-hut.54103/
https://khuts.org/webmap/index.html...6&lon=148.29191&layers=B0FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTFFTT

Attachments

• PS MTK MAP OPERA HOUSE HUT AND SIREN SONG TUNNEL .jpg
    PS MTK MAP OPERA HOUSE HUT AND SIREN SONG TUNNEL .jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 34
  • PS MTK SNOWY MOUNTAINS GEEHI TUNNEL.JPG
    PS MTK SNOWY MOUNTAINS GEEHI TUNNEL.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 34
Here is a Youtube video from some walkers (one word low grade swearing in the clip)

This is the Siren Song Tunnel walk 4.1kms long from end to end.
The Clip is 3 mins long

Gives you a really good idea of what the tunnel looks like and the walking access at both ends.
https://youtu.be/z_nFdEgMUX0

a screenshot of the tunnel entrance below - from the film clip
attachment.php

Attachments

• PS MTK SIREN SONG TUNNEL.jpg
    PS MTK SIREN SONG TUNNEL.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 33
It is very easy to imagine that Prabhdeep is in that tunnel or in a similar rock cave- like enclosure, imo.
Guessing that limited light sources have been brought to the search areas, if the Siren Song Tunnel was well illuminated, who knows what may be visible.
speculation.

It is very easy to imagine that Prabhdeep is in that tunnel or in a similar rock cave- like enclosure, imo.
Guessing that limited light sources have been brought to the search areas, if the Siren Song Tunnel was well illuminated, who knows what may be visible.
speculation.

If you skip through the video you can see what it looks like at the end of the tunnel - you can see a pin light of the entrance if you look back.
Im not sure how accessible the tunnel is after the pit, and the drop, which continues on after the main tunnel ends and which takes the tunnel further underground.
I think at that end point - closest to The Opera House Hut, is closed off and inaccessible.

If he had perished in the tunnel where there is access - his clothing and paraphernalia would/could have been caught on the grate, or it might have washed through, but could have been found somewhere in the tunnel system, at the outlet possibly.
I wonder if it was possible to access the tunnel extension?
But, if he was undercover in the tunnel, I'm not sure what reason he would have to peruse the tunnel further underground with there being a hut very close by he could have found further shelter in.
I also speculate he would have left some form of markings on the walls or in the tunnel, some clue to say he had/was there.

I am trying to think what a trained survivalist would have done to stay alive under the circumstances.

I'm also toying with the possibility that he never made it onto the Main Range Track at all.
I need to re-read the Coroners report.

Thanks dotr!

I have not been here for sometime at WS, but am popping in to bump this thread for Prahb.
Please dont give up.
He has still not been found.
:(

I have not been here for sometime at WS, but am popping in to bump this thread for Prahb.
Please dont give up.
He has still not been found.
:(

Always good to " see " you Fig Tree, hoping that one day soon Prahb is found!

May 1 2017
https://www.wakingthered.com/toront...-how-toronto-fc-family-became-intertwined-mls
I won’t delve too far into the circumstances around us leaving Cleveland, but a lot of it can be read here. Unfortuantely, some of you may have already been aware of this story.

Prabh Srawn, an aspiring law student and a member of the Canadian Armed Forces, was the first cousin of my wife. After his disappearance, it just felt too lonely to live hundreds of miles away from our family and friends, and so back home we came.
Prabh’s sister, Mandeep Srawn, who is mentioned in the above article, was as close to her younger brother as any sister ever has been or will be in the history of mankind. For months, not only did she organize search parties and spearhead all rescue missions, but she physically went and searched for him on Australia’s largest mountain. I mean full-on missions through some of the most dangerous and unforgiving terrain that anyone has ever seen. Men double her size were humbled, but her spirit was strong.

When she finally returned, after several months, back to Canada, gone was the smiling, giggling young girl who was the life of any room she walked into. Instead, she was callused by heartbreak and tragedy. The burden had become too much to bear. Mandeep and I were very close, but after something like this happens a lot changes - things get fractured. While we used to talk on a weekly basis for years, after she returned from Australia it was months before we had any real conversation with each other. It started off as a casual call and I didn’t know what to say, what words would have any healing effect, what to ask or to do, so I resorted to the first thing that came to mind. Quickly, I blurted out:

“Hey Mandeep... would you wanna come to a TFC game with me?”
Understandably, Mandeep had kept a low and quiet profile in the months since she had come back. Going out really wasn’t her thing any more. She remained detached and distant, so I was fully prepared for her to say “thanks, but no thanks”... but to my surprise, she gave me a “sure, why not”.

I picked her up that day from work and as we drove quietly down to BMO, I had knots in my stomach. Was this a good idea? This isn’t a Raptors game at the ACC with the volume turned to 11. It’s a Wednesday game at BMO Field. I feared the silence would be deafening.

Sharing a minimal amount of words in the car ride down, things changed the minute we got to the stadium. Excitement. Mandeep began to recount her days of playing rep soccer in Hamilton and her admiration for the Brazilian legend Marta. I sensed something that I hadn’t seen on that face for months on end. Joy. Relief. A smile. We watched Defoe score, we watched Bradley dominate, and I watched Mandeep yell up and down, and scream and cheer and be engaged. For 90+ minutes, we had some laughs and smiles, which were previously missing for 90+ days. I remember thinking to myself on the ride home “damn TFC, THANK YOU!” It was a much-needed night, and it was just perfect in every way. Over the past few years, Mandeep has married and has a beautiful young child of her own, but we still get to one game a season together. And I look forward to it so much.

Thankyou so much dotr!
Great to 'see' you too!

Thankyou so much for the article - it was a beautiful read.
Rarely do we read about the road people have to try to walk after their lives have been filled with such tragedy.
Amongst the grey days are these times when the clouds part and rays of sunshine appear - and reading the story, so well written, I can see there have been some beautiful new beginnings too.
Love and Light to them.

Thanks again dotr :seeya:
I'll include it in the timeline thread.

I’m planning a ski trip and thought of Prabh. When I was last in that area it was a different time of year but I was surprised by how rugged the land was, just off the path. It is easy to understand how someone could become very disoriented and lost.

Hi Fruity - are you going to Mt. Kosciuszko?

Still no news :(
Now there is very little news on the web which is recent.
There have been other reports of people missing in the area since, but they have been found.

I am still perplexed as to why nothing has been found regarding Prabhdeep.
Not forgotten.

Just popping in to bump this thread up again and reminding people that Prabhdeep Srawn is still missing. In May this year 2020 it will be 7 years since Prabhdeep went for a walk in Snowy Mountains NSW.

The terrain has changed and would be unrecognisable now from the time Prabhdeep went missing in the area.
Since the beginning of 2020, much of what was lush and beautiful in the surrounding areas has suffered through drought and fires. The rain returned, but much of the effected areas which were covered in scrub is cleared, but the destroyed beyond belief. There are people assessing these areas for environmental damage.
Maybe that brings hope that something could be found, Id rather look on the positive side.

There is an article here:
Smoke and wasps confront you as you enter the desolate Kosciuszko National Park

Attachments

• Prabhdeep swawn 2020 3 Capture.JPG
    Prabhdeep swawn 2020 3 Capture.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Prabhdeep swawn 2020 1 Capture.JPG
    Prabhdeep swawn 2020 1 Capture.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Prabhdeep swawn 2020 2 Capture.JPG
    Prabhdeep swawn 2020 2 Capture.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 2