Australia Australia - Robyn Santen, 36, Perth, 8 Aug 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Conservatively speaking 20 minutes including traffic controls.

How would he get home, if he was involved and drove the car to the beach? More people involved?

Maybe the body is between the car and home, Here is Rayney mapping. "If" Lloyd Rayney was involved. How would he get home? The car damaged.

That would mean they would have to have a car preorganised to drive back home. Maybe police should be checking bushland near where Santens car was found?

I recon Lloyd Rayney being involved is a very long stretch indeed,lol.

Didn't say Lloyd Rayney was involved. :) DPP have wiped heir hands of that. It was nigh on a year to the day Corryn was found buried in Kings Park. (7/8/2007)

Julie Cutler went missing on or day before the Winter Solstice (20/6/1988). They found her car at the beach.

Robyn Santen gets out of a taxi, drives near 7.5 km, parks her car exact 270 degrees due west of her house. She then kills herself on the equinox. (8/8/2015)

No body.

3732815804a7d78d7facaea11996db85

It has been almost a month since Robyn Santen’s two young children have seen their mother. Despite a massive air, land and sea search, no trace has been found of missing Perth mother-of-two Robyn Santen
http://mobile.news.com.au/national/...-without-a-trace/story-fncynjr2-1227515619698

MOD ALERT: Stop the snarky remarks now! If you don't agree with a post, either reply respectfully or not at all. If you have a problem with a post, click the alert tab (small black triangle, bottom left of the message box) and leave it to a moderator to sort it out.

Continuing to ignore the rules will result in the loss of posting privileges and your account will be placed under review.

Thank you.

I am so confused about what this article means - I read it in a few places yesterday but some of them have been removed now?

Robyn’s brother (and former Masterchef contestant) Andrew Paton told News.com.au the family had been told by police they had “likely gotten all they could from the media” with Paton urging News Limited not to run the online article.
“To be honest, we’d hoped the all the media attention would die down now,” Paton told News.com.au.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...-robyn-santen-22109+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au

I am so confused about what this article means - I read it in a few places yesterday but some of them have been removed now?

Robyn’s brother (and former Masterchef contestant) Andrew Paton told News.com.au the family had been told by police they had “likely gotten all they could from the media” with Paton urging News Limited not to run the online article.
“To be honest, we’d hoped the all the media attention would die down now,” Paton told News.com.au.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...-robyn-santen-22109+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au

I read the link 38 minutes after you posted and the article does not contain either of those quotes. Do you mean the articles contained the quotes yesterday, but the quotes have since been removed? :)

I read the link 38 minutes after you posted and the article does not contain either of those quotes. Do you mean the articles contained the quotes yesterday, but the quotes have since been removed? :)

I can see the quotes.

I can still see them too. And I meant that some pages with the whole article have been removed.

I have read the article four times (once out loud to myself). The version I can access doesn't say anything like that. Maybe bc I'm in the U.S.? Whatever the reason, I'm glad you included the direct quotes. They don't make any sense.

The family made a public appeal to Robyn to come home or to anyone who knew any info to cone forward. Many people obviously care about Robyn. Now the family is just hoping it all goes away? It seems like we're missing an important part of the puzzle.

I can see your quotes at that link. I'm more concerned about the closing paragraph:
Police have said there are no suspicious circumstances and Paton “was adamant” his missing sister was not suffering from depression at the time of her disappearance, reports News.com.au.

I'd think the fact that a mum has disappeared without a trace is suspicious, period. If police are stating that there aren't any suspicious circumstances it makes me wonder if they have some evidence that Robyn has either taken her own life or gone into hiding?

Based on police said there is no suspicious circumstances.

It sounds like Robyn has gone into hiding, not expecting the massive media attention and waiting till the media goes before going home.

I think Robyn might have been fine until she got home, had an argument with hubbie, then drove out in a huff and drunk.

If she went for a midnight swim and drowned, Robyn would be back on the beach carried by the swell.

I can see your quotes at that link. I'm more concerned about the closing paragraph:

Police have said there are no suspicious circumstances and Paton “was adamant” his missing sister was not suffering from depression at the time of her disappearance, reports News.com.au.

I'd think the fact that a mum has disappeared without a trace is suspicious, period. If police are stating that there aren't any suspicious circumstances it makes me wonder if they have some evidence that Robyn has either taken her own life or gone into hiding?

I can't find this article that was linked upthread anymore but I can't go past this quote.

So many missing persons cases involve a family statement that says something like that. Oh no, s/he would never do that. Never leave his/her kids behind. But it happens anyway - suicide, that is. My cousin killed herself at a point in time when everyone thought she was really happy after years of struggling with depression. There are photos of her at a family event just before the suicide where you would swear you were looking at someone who was genuinely happy and content. Turns out she was really happy because she'd made a plan to kill herself, which she followed through on.

Dying by suicide is statistically much more likely than murder.
In 2013 (stats from ABS)
there were 430 homicides in Australia: 273 male victims, 157 female.
There were 2522 suicides. 1885 men, and 637 women.

I guess they assume but don't know 100%, so a public appeal might still have value.

I'm not implying Robyn committed suicide but swimming until exhaustion/hypothermia. This is a general question.

Do people swim out into the ocean to commit suicide in Australia? Is this a common method? Is the current known to carry a body out or can sharks be relied upon to find and consume a body?

It would be extremely uncommon where I'm from (IMO).

Do people swim out into the ocean to commit suicide in Australia? Is this a common method? Is the current known to carry a body out or can sharks be relied upon to find and consume a body?

It would be extremely uncommon where I'm from (IMO).

RSBM. AFAIK it's not common, I have heard about other more common methods here but never heard of anyone swimming until exhaustion. Depending on time of year, it's possible sharks would take a body. Until recently they never really mentioned suicide in the news unless it's high profile. The last few years the media seem more lax about it...

There was that person found in the ocean the other week with hand and feet bound, but the police issued a "no suspicious circumstance" media advice about it later that day or the next day (ie code for suicide normally). So people do use the ocean to do this, but specifically swimming til exhaustion I've never heard of.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back