GA - Winder - Apalachee High School school shooting, 4 dead, 9 injured *father and son arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, it must be a mistake in wording because if he had talked to the counselor about school shootings I can't imagine they'd let him go back to class while they called mom!
My impression was that the mother called the counselor and not vice-versa—-I could be mistaken.
In any event I agree and have been wondering…during a 10 minute phone call between the mother and the guidance counselor, steps should have been taken IMMEDIATELY and not after 10 minutes of discussion regarding CG talking that morning about shooting up the school.

Perhaps the counselor did go on immediate alert because we’ve read about the teachers hitting the emergency button on their new devices.

I believe the lockdown code should have gone into instant effect, although if CG were in his classroom that would be dangerous for that class and teacher.

IMO the phone call with mom, no matter who initiated it, should have rapidly sent a signal to LE to flood the school, and if CG were in the classroom instead of roaming, waste no time in moving in on him before he becomes aware.

If possible.

JMO

ADMIN NOTE:

A couple of copyright violations have been removed.

PAYWALLED ARTICLES:

Members may link to a paywalled article so that others who wish to pay for the article can read it. However, even if they have paid for it, members can not screenshot/copy/paste, quote directly any content within the article. It is not only a violation of Websleuths TOS (aka The Rules), it is a violation of copyright law.

Members may very briefly paraphrase (in their own words) what the article is about or they can copy the Google hit summary to give an idea of what the article contains in the event people wish to pay for the article.

From what i read in the post, sounds like mom initiated contact,to share her concerns and the counselor told her CG had been talking about school shootings. The call was roughly 10 minutes long and was iniated roughly 30 minutes prior to the shooting.

The Post article also says that the mother and her family were aware a week or so ago that the shooter was homicidal or suicidal. Why wasn't the school and/or authorities notified at that time, if he was deemed to be possibly homicidal, why weren't officials notified?

Lots of red flags before that morning, in the days leading up to the shooting.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back