Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #4 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is an unpopular opinion but if this turns out to be anything other than murder/suicide I'll be
I know this is an unpopular opinion but if this turns out to be anything other than murder/suicide I'll be shocked. IMO.
I wonder if perhaps one of them received bad health news and couldn’t bare watching or experiencing the progession of it without the other. MOO

The investigators clearly know a little more than what is made out, well that’s the thinking I’m getting. Looks like they have a pool of people they will soon be interrogating.

Interesting choice of words regardless, especially sending a message to those involved ‘don’t get too comfortable’. Reeks of...the jigsaw is coming together..it will join together eventually...we we

I wonder how far into the investigation they are at in terms of identifying who these ‘people in the area’ they seemed to have come to a conclusion on, are.

I’d say after working out who all these people are, it shouldn’t take too long for them to identify who is involved, surely would stand out in such a small group of people.

No Cookies | Herald Sun

Last edited:
Dated 18th October 2021, but very similar to what was said before re knowing who was in the area.

"Detectives say they are making significant headway in a complex inquiry which began when the friends went missing on March 20 last year while on a trip to the remote Wonnangatta Valley in East Gippsland.

They are confident of finding answers and believe whoever is responsible is in no position to relax.

“We’ve got a very good picture now of who was in the valley.”

Insp Stamper said he had an open mind on whether more than one offender was involved but he is certain Mr Hill and Mrs Clay never left the valley.

“We firmly believe they’re still in that area somewhere,” he said.

Now, Insp Stamper said, the public could do their bit.

He said the coming easing of restrictions and warmer weather meant many people would be converging on the area and he wanted them to report if they find clothing, a drone or anything else that might help.

“We really need the community to be our eyes and ears,” Insp Stamper said.

No Cookies | Herald Sun

Police close in on killer of Vic campers - Deniliquin Pastoral Times

On Monday, family spoke publicly for the first time.

Ms Clay's sister Jill called on their killers to come forward.

"Every day it's like wearing a big heavy overcoat, it weighs you down, makes you feel heavy and sad," she told Seven News.

"You've undertaken a heinous act... it's time to turn yourself in."

Mr Hill's daughter Debbie told Seven News "it's really hard not knowing" what happened to her dad.

I found the use of the word ‘premeditated’ interesting by Jill.

“Carol Clay’s sister Jill has a similar feeling of dread.

‘Things just weren’t adding up. Now we look back at it, It doesn’t make sense.’

“I immediately knew there was something horribly wrong. Why would someone premeditate such a vile act on two people who were intelligent, responsible and prepared?” she said.”

‘Things weren’t adding up’: Families of missing Victorian campers speak for the first time

I agree that the "pre- planned" and pre-meditated" comments are very interesting and shed a whole new light on this case. The latest article has a quote from Inspector Andrew Stamper - "I'm really confident that we're on the right track, we're looking at a particular theory now which involves a number of persons".

I am wondering if someone was hired to make Russell and Carol disappear?

'I really don't think he could be alive. He wouldn't hide'
"Investigators have had the opportunity to speak with both the Hill and Clay families in the past week and to say their grief is still very raw would be an understatement,"
"They spoke to us at length about all the things they have missed – the family birthdays Russell and Carol weren't present for, their first Christmases without them, and the pain of simply not being able to talk to them about the everyday things happening in their lives.
"These are two people who are still very much loved and missed by those who knew them; this hasn't gone away in the past 19 months."

Family share anguish on camping mystery: 'It's left a really big hole inside'

The investigators clearly know a little more than what is made out, well that’s the thinking I’m getting. Looks like they have a pool of people they will soon be interrogating.

I’d say after working out who all these people are, it shouldn’t take too long for them to identify who is involved, surely would stand out in such a small group of people.

No Cookies | Herald Sun
I really wish I shared your optimism :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members